• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

I'm a big critic of his reckless tackles but today his own goal and handball-penalty was not his fault at all.

He has a proper fudge up in him but today wasn't a total disaster, but steering an off target shot in to your own goal is never a good thing. I know it's sometimes a damned if you do, damned if you don't but it wasn't a good block and it took Vicario completely out of the running who would've saved it. Unfortunate on the penalty, I'm with Neville that I just don't know what is a pen and what isn't. Best be certain and just amputate our defender's I guess?

VDV has been unlucky in his OG's also but they look a cracking partnership.

He was incredible today for me, didn't miss a tackle, was strong in balance between aggression and measured. He absolutely beasted Nketieh when he came on

Defenders react to balls coming through bodies and another day that ball goes wide, and the Pen, well can be debated for months and no one agree.

Udogie, VDV, Romero and Porro were excellent today

He was incredible today for me, didn't miss a tackle, was strong in balance between aggression and measured. He absolutely beasted Nketieh when he came on

Defenders react to balls coming through bodies and another day that ball goes wide, and the Pen, well can be debated for months and no one agree.

Udogie, VDV, Romero and Porro were excellent today
Agree with all of this except the OG. It was very poor - swinging a knee waist height is always a sure fire way to have no control over where the football goes. He got his body shape wrong. It happens, but it was poor.

Wouldn’t criticise him much for today even on the OG. Thought he didn’t put much of a foot wrong to be honest, just got unlucky.

Back 5 were brilliant. VdV was MOTM for me but the biggest surprise is Porro. Never thought we’d make a full back of him but he’s looking like a very competent defender and he gives a lot going forward.

Micky has got a few own goals but rightfully, we've given him plenty of slack because he's still so young and in a new team and league. In fact, Micky was the more imperious of our defenders today and they're going to form some partnership together.
So yeah, I can treat Romero the same way I treat Micky because overall, he was pretty good today but made some key errors that did cost us. Although that's not to say we would've won the game; game changes when goals are scored.

Micky has got a few own goals but rightfully, we've given him plenty of slack because he's still so young and in a new team and league. In fact, Micky was the more imperious of our defenders today and they're going to form some partnership together.
So yeah, I can treat Romero the same way I treat Micky because overall, he was pretty good today but made some key errors that did cost us. Although that's not to say we would've won the game; game changes when goals are scored.

Were they forseable errors though? Unfortunate, yes. But i can't say he should have done anything different (without hindsight).

Were they forseable errors though? Unfortunate, yes. But i can't say he should have done anything different (without hindsight).
Oh no, that's not my issue at all. I mean, unless he's supposed to cut his hands off? That would be optimal as you can't do handballs if you have no hands.

Oh no, that's not my issue at all. I mean, unless he's supposed to cut his hands off? That would be optimal as you can't do handballs if you have no hands.

Sorry. Just the "key errors".

As i said unfortunate. Thought he had lost it (a bit like richarlison the other week). But he kept his cool.

We need another cb though. Cause i was dreading if either had to come off.

He was unlucky with the penalty decision and a OG can and does happen to a lot of players, he was trying to stop a shot at goal ( which is part of his job) and these things happen. Thought he played well overall.

Think he's been excellent. Including the Arsenal game. Those "mistakes" just happen sometimes.

Looks absolutely unflappable. Those two goals would dent the confidence of most players at least somewhat. Romero just keeps on doing his thing.

Happy to see him get fewer cards and give away fewer fouls. Perhaps he's adjusted his game a touch, but mostly I think it's playing in a team that functions as a unit.

Think he's been excellent. Including the Arsenal game. Those "mistakes" just happen sometimes.

Looks absolutely unflappable. Those two goals would dent the confidence of most players at least somewhat. Romero just keeps on doing his thing.

Happy to see him get fewer cards and give away fewer fouls. Perhaps he's adjusted his game a touch, but mostly I think it's playing in a team that functions as a unit.

Agreed, but I also don't think enough can be said about the importance of strong, calm leadership from the manager for a player like this.

Agreed, but I also don't think enough can be said about the importance of strong, calm leadership from the manager for a player like this.

I perhaps rate him higher than some. I think he's been one of our best players under every manager since he came here. Performs very well for Argentina too. Atalanta before he came here. I think he's one who will do well under a range of different types of managers as long as the team works well as a unit.

But I may be overestimating him and underestimating the impact of Ange's style of leadership on him specifically. On the team and squad as a whole we're in perfect agreement on Ange of course.

I perhaps rate him higher than some. I think he's been one of our best players under every manager since he came here. Performs very well for Argentina too. Atalanta before he came here. I think he's one who will do well under a range of different types of managers as long as the team works well as a unit.

But I may be overestimating him and underestimating the impact of Ange's style of leadership on him specifically. On the team and squad as a whole we're in perfect agreement on Ange of course.
He and been generally great this season
But TBF every player has IMO
The OG is unlucky
The penalty is what it is. Can’t win there IMO

Back