• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Absolutely this. I had some grave doubts about his rashness and ability to play in a 2. He looks a much different player to what he was under Nuno and Conte. He's keeping the best bits of his game and cutting out the destructive elements. As with Bissouma, the difference is so stark, you'd have to credit the manager assuming it continues.

Good points and i do agree, but it does take time for some players coming in from abroad especially when he is thrown into the deep end into a poor defense that we all know was happening here. Of course there will be some who say he was part of that problem but he also has had a few injurys and the world cup ( rightly or wrongly ) must have been on his mind.

He seems to have refocused his mind and now he is playing in a system with better players around him and starting to show ( imo) what a very good player he is. I also think Ange has played a blinder by making him a vice captain as it seems to have had a effect on him.

Seems to be cutting out the rash challenges he was doing last season, more focus and he is looking a VERY GOOD PLAYER.
He was being rash because he's a fighter and he was constantly fighting fires. Now he's got a good partner and importantly a good overall setup he doesn't have the need to be so rash. He will still of course do some crazy brick because he is Christian Romero at the end of the day but we now have a system that suits his temperament better.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He was being rash because he's a fighter and he was constantly fighting fires. Now he's got a good partner and importantly a good overall setup he doesn't have the need to be so rash. He will still of course do some crazy brick because he is Christian Romero at the end of the day but we now have a system that suits his temperament better.

Absolutely, I imagine losing games and having to cover multiple areas would fuel the flames to players who are already culturally highly strung

Do not disagree.

Romero was being questioned last season, people thinking we needed to replace him! Cant remember where I posted it, but said at the time, he needs a good manager who'll advise him, but the skills are all there. Which we are seeing now.

There was a moment yesterday (or previous game) where a player tangles with Romero at the byline. In that split second you can see Ange's words in effect. Romero starts to go back towards the player to confront him. Checks himself, puts his head down and jogs away, focusing himself on the next phase of the game.

His goal just emphasised what a good technical player he is. VDV provides some hight, size and speed to compliment, exactly what we've been crying out for for over a year.

Romero was being questioned last season, people thinking we needed to replace him! Cant remember where I posted it, but said at the time, he needs a good manager who'll advise him, but the skills are all there. Which we are seeing now.

There was a moment yesterday (or previous game) where a player tangles with Romero at the byline. In that split second you can see Ange's words in effect. Romero starts to go back towards the player to confront him. Checks himself, puts his head down and jogs away, focusing himself on the next phase of the game.

His goal just emphasised what a good technical player he is. VDV provides some hight, size and speed to compliment, exactly what we've been crying out for for over a year.

Now I know if you want to quote an opinion you'll find it with any Twitter search but...

Replace him? Someone on here ?

I do wonder if a team will target is more aerially
So far we have only played one team that plays anti football and we drew in that game
Everyone else tried to play us
I think I’d you target our right side with higher balls you will get a lot of opportunities. Possibly also with VDV as we haven’t seen him challenged much in the air yet either

but the counter of course is the back 4 are all technically very very good with the ball and that’s such a sea change to what we have seen

Now I know if you want to quote an opinion you'll find it with any Twitter search but...

Replace him? Someone on here ?

There’s a few posts around page 75, 76 questioning him and one saying he’s the most overrated player in the league. But some good, balances replies too

I questioned Romero's temperament and impulsiveness last season. Aside from the red cards there were also near red card incidents and a few more lunging tackles that created huge gaps in defence.

I don't think it's Angeball nor VdV that's changed things. More so his vice captaincy which was interesting as he doesn't come across as one... Nothing wrong with that, his intensity and concentration probably consumes him.

(I also read somewhere that Giugilelmo has also been given a leadership position, perhaps to improve communications and order in play.)

Agree a good manager is what he needed and Poste had Romero on his best behavior now and all is good.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Romero is Romero, overall will play controlled but once in a while there’s a scissor tackle waiting to come out. But, he is also a goalscorer! Great character, he’ll need to be reminded to cool off in tense situations

He’s surprised me this year to be fair, I was worried about him in a two as he’s previously had a habit of wandering off.

He’s been much more disciplined, still the odd moment of diving in, getting out of shape, but he’s been great so far.

Was it against Milan he got a red last year? Think that might have been the zenith of fans questioning him. Shocking my memory for games tho. Some seem to remember details of games years ago. I can barely remember last week's game in detail!

Was it against Milan he got a red last year? Think that might have been the zenith of fans questioning him. Shocking my memory for games tho. Some seem to remember details of games years ago. I can barely remember last week's game in detail!
Milan he got a dumb red
He also came close in several games
Arguably he has got away with a few this season
But he has got away with them, that’s key

Back