• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

My journey in today was busy as ever I was shocked. Thought it would be empty.

I work for the Water Board in a small team that look after the pumping stations in North London . Classed as a key worker.

Feel sorry for the self employed but should all these construction sites be open ?

Again I don’t feel the tone of his statement was right again last night ,to nice.

Wont be long before the boys in Green will be deployed.

Reactions: DTA
My journey in today was busy as ever I was shocked. Thought it would be empty.

I work for the Water Board in a small team that look after the pumping stations in North London . Classed as a key worker.

Feel sorry for the self employed but should all these construction sites be open ?

Again I don’t feel the tone of his statement was right again last night ,to nice.

Wont be long before the boys in Green will be deployed.

What’s your method of transport and route?

I do wonder if there are just loads of people in London like you, who still have to go to work and who can’t work from home. And whether the reduced TFL services are undoing the effects of everyone else staying at home. Was shocked there was no specific announcement or policy to deal with London public transport yesterday, after all the absurd photos that were going round.

On your journey home tonight, could you ask everyone in your carriage why they’re not at home? :D

Last edited:
Our landlords announced very late last night that they're shuttering our building at lunchtime today. 20 - 30-odd businesses in our building (including key worker companies, like mine), several times that across the whole estate.

fudging unbelievable...

:D

What’s your method of transport and route?

I do wonder if there are just loads of people in London like you, who still have to go to work and who can’t work from home. And whether the reduced TFL services are undoing the effects of everyone else staying at home. Was shocked there was no specific announcement or policy to deal with London public transport yesterday, after all the absurd photos that were going round.

On your journey home tonight, could you ask everyone in your carriage why they’re not at home? :D

No chance would you catch me on the tube ! It’s bad enough for germs etc on normal days let alone now.

Yes there could be a lot of key workers I agree on that. Is Construction key work at this time?

I did see plenty of builders 2/3 up in vans etc.

We are in just performing a branch closure procedure, but have heard local B&Q is currently open
Wickes B&Q...shut now for 24hrs to work out how to proceed.

Think theyre aiming to let 'essential purchases' only BUT once again how do they decide what is essential?

To keep people in their homes/gardens I think deliveries would help massively (especially if they keep human contact at near to zero eg photo that it's been delivered/received by driver)....I'm sure people have a million jobs/projects they would love to get stuck into around the home but always complain they never have the time.

And let's face it, the internet breaking is only a matter of time....doing something other might just help:D

That's not true at all - I care about people not dying too.

Someone got to do all the brick I don't want to when this is over.
There’s likely to be an uprising. You’ll be immortalised with your head on a pole once the people rise up. I’d lay very low if I was you.

Wickes B&Q...shut now for 24hrs to work out how to proceed.

Think theyre aiming to let 'essential purchases' only BUT once again how do they decide what is essential?

To keep people in their homes/gardens I think deliveries would help massively (especially if they keep human contact at near to zero eg photo that it's been delivered/received by driver)....I'm sure people have a million jobs/projects they would love to get stuck into around the home but always complain they never have the time.

And let's face it, the internet breaking is only a matter of time....doing something other might just help:D
Have you read Sandworm? Cyber attacks on infrastructure and supply chain are a real threat. I wouldn't put it past the Russians to twist the knife when the West is most vulnerable.

Another day, business as usual it seems.

We've got a couple of customers who are a little slower than usual but everyone else intends to continue. Yesterday's announcement appears to have created a lot of fuss over very little.

I am surprised to be saying this. But Jeremy hunt has actually changed my mind on him.

Pushing hard for much more testing. Which at present isnt even been given to NHS workers, just people severe enough to be hospitalized.

Going against the party line for the good of the country. Well done.

Back