• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Strikes me as an easy list;

Do you work in a shop selling anything except food & medicine?
Stay at home.

Do you work in a job that can be done at home.
Do it at home.

Otherwise.
Go to work and practice social distancing to the best of your ability, even if it means adding 20 mins to your commute to go a less busy route and different pace.

Sorry to sound facetious, but surely it's that simple?

Thousands of people rely on supplys to continue to work either via trade deliveries or trade counters/showrooms (that are no different to shops)

If those outside of food and medicine supplies stay at home then there will be a lot of other people staying at home.

Strikes me as an easy list;

Do you work in a shop selling anything except food & medicine?
Stay at home.

Do you work in a job that can be done at home.
Do it at home.

Otherwise.
Go to work and practice social distancing to the best of your ability, even if it means adding 20 mins to your commute to go a less busy route and different pace.

Sorry to sound facetious, but surely it's that simple?
I’d say so
The trade merchants by other company uses has text us to say their closing tomo and their a BIG outfit. Gonna cause us massive problems as we had to borrow via a financier to build the site and their not gonna flex
But it is what it is :mad::mad:

Thousands of people rely on supplys to continue to work either via trade deliveries or trade counters/showrooms (that are no different to shops)

If those outside of food and medicine supplies stay at home then there will be a lot of other people staying at home.
A trade counter isn't a retail shop.
And deliveries won't cease.

I'm genuinely really confused about wasn't clear from it.
But I'm seeing so many people think there was lack of clarity or a fair bit of ambiguity.

A trade counter isn't a retail shop.
And deliveries won't cease.

I'm genuinely really confused about wasn't clear from it.
But I'm seeing so many people think there was lack of clarity or a fair bit of ambiguity.

Plenty of people 'shop' in Travis, Jewsons, Build center, Selco, Costco, Tradepoint, Screwfix, Toolstation, Wickes, BandQ, Homebase, Howdens, Magnet, Plumbase, City Plumbing, Graham's, Cef, TLC,TileGiant , Topps Tiles, EuroCarParts, Halfords, HSS,.Bathstore etc.

All the people who go to those type of places will be confused as to whether the doors will be shutting.

From your simple assessment it appears they would have to close....but hey maybe not.

And there's the ambiguity.

Plenty of people 'shop' in Travis, Jewsons, Build center, Selco, Costco, Tradepoint, Screwfix, Toolstation, Wickes, BandQ, Homebase, Howdens, Magnet, Plumbase, City Plumbing, Graham's, Cef, TLC,TileGiant , Topps Tiles, EuroCarParts, Halfords, HSS,.Bathstore etc.

All the people who go to those type of places will be confused as to whether the doors will be shutting.

From your simple assessment it appears they would have to close....but hey maybe not.

And there's the ambiguity.
Yeah, good point. I was thinking of "the high street" - which is think was the target of the speech.
But agree with your definition.
And the official guidance says home and hardware stores can stay open.
(And apparently sports direct think they are special. Didn't need much of a reason to avoid sports direct and Witherspoon's - but there it is, will never set foot in either again)

All recycling centres in Essex shut from tonight. How long until the rubbish collections stop? Anyone remember the strikes in the 70s ?

In the council video I watched yesterday he said black waste bag collections would continue but they might have to stop things like the glass box collections.

I’d say so
The trade merchants by other company uses has text us to say their closing tomo and their a BIG outfit. Gonna cause us massive problems as we had to borrow via a financier to build the site and their not gonna flex
But it is what it is :mad::mad:

I work for Travis Perkins. We received am email from the CEO to say we are now shut

I work for Travis Perkins. We received am email from the CEO to say we are now shut
Lots of others are staying open with distancing restrictions.

Think Travis might as well ramp up their phone/web order delivery service. Minimal human contact involved in that and would keep a few businesses going as long as 'onsite' those businesses are taking this seriously.

Lots of others are staying open with distancing restrictions.

Think Travis might as well ramp up their phone/web order delivery service. Minimal human contact involved in that and would keep a few businesses going as long as 'onsite' those businesses are taking this seriously.
I think all merchants will close

Back