• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

That’s frightening 20k plus. Won’t be long for a lock down and school closures in England.

I suspect we are being drip fed bad news at the moment. As for football back in April be lucky if we see any by next September if it’s going to be that bad.

Yeah I think that's why everything has closed slowly and is just "advice". Less panic and ramp it up later.

I would be pleasantly surprised if there's football this year [and also would mean we didn't die lol]

Just double checked and the model showed 500,000 to a max of 2.2m, but still pretty bad.

At least they seem to have a plan.

I took those figures as an absolute worse-case scenario (although that was their point, I suppose). They assumed, for example, no advance in the treatment of cases as doctors and scientists got to know more about the virus.

There have been a number of reports from around the world today of medications which already seem to be making a difference to treatment in various countries, and increasing medical knowledge should see the mortality rate fall.

Italy, Iran and China have all had it worse than us and it is nowhere near that in confirmed cases nevermind deaths.

The forecast was based on doing absolutely nothing.

China have done pretty much everything physically possible, so they avoided this scenario.

All the "experts" seem to agree that casualties can be minimised but only with fairly extreme measures

I feel the scientists have probably misled boris badly.

I'm not his biggest fan, if I had voted I would have gone for the other guy. But I do see this is fair on him if he is following what they told him.

I feel the scientists have probably misled boris badly.

I'm not his biggest fan, if I had voted I would have gone for the other guy. But I do see this is fair on him if he is following what they told him.

I’m not a fan of his at all, but his greatest strength in all of this is that he will be happy to hand most of it over to experts - unlike Trump, who thinks he is the expert.

I actually take the changing of tack as a bit of a positive; they are reacting quickly to a situation changing on a daily basis.

Yeah I think that's why everything has closed slowly and is just "advice". Less panic and ramp it up later.

I would be pleasantly surprised if there's football this year [and also would mean we didn't die lol]
Only sensible to keep it drip fed for time being.

The forecast was based on doing absolutely nothing.

China have done pretty much everything physically possible, so they avoided this scenario.

All the "experts" seem to agree that casualties can be minimised but only with fairly extreme measures

There was never a chance that absolutely nothing would have been done, so that is scaremongering.

There really needs to be some clarification on where these numbers are coming from.
20-30000 people in the UK die every year from the flu.
Is less than 20000 meaning from the flu + the covid 19 strain?

Who is projecting 2.4m and how?
Italy, Iran and China have all had it worse than us and it is nowhere near that in confirmed cases nevermind deaths.

I struggle with the flu comparison as it’s not joe public reacting it’s educated governments globally to a man closing down so it must be worse has to be.

I see all this “let’s carry on as norm” on social media and the flu stats but surely only idiots believe we should now carry on as normal.

Reactions: DTA
I’m not a fan of his at all, but his greatest strength in all of this is that he will be happy to hand most of it over to experts - unlike Trump, who thinks he is the expert.

I actually take the changing of tack as a bit of a positive; they are reacting quickly to a situation changing on a daily basis.

In fairness to Trump he got annihlated for his travel ban yet within a week half the world had gone ahead and done the exact same thing.

Back