• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Funny this has happened since the US and China’s squabbles over the trade deal

China now ok, the rest of the world in panic and on the brink of recession, job done by China, 400% this is their doing

Yep and they are now also blaming the Americans.

If it were me I would cancel that 5g contract. Russia and China are fcuked up countries who should be shut out of the world.

I've been at home for almost a week now with symptoms. Started with a massive headache, then a mild fever for a few days and it's a little harder to breathe than usual, but I'll probably never know if this was it.

I've been in a similar situation since the weekend. Tight chest, constant coughing and a headache, I haven't had a fever. I think that it is probably C19 but there is no way of being certain.

I've been in a similar situation since the weekend. Tight chest, constant coughing and a headache, I haven't had a fever. I think that it is probably C19 but there is no way of being certain.

I had similar mate.

It is not knowing whether that is what it is.

I'm sleeping and eating in our downstairs room on my own and only been in the garden. Dont want to do anything that hurts nhs.

Just dont know whether I had it or not.

I had similar mate.

It is not knowing whether that is what it is.

I'm sleeping and eating in our downstairs room on my own and only been in the garden. Dont want to do anything that hurts nhs.

Just dont know whether I had it or not.

Same. My wife had it first and I am about a week behind.

Look after yourselves!

My guess is it can last quite a while. Even when you think its gone, it may be dormant (just a guess based on people seeming to have the virus again).

Eat well, rest well, hot drinks and try not to worry too much - hard not to.

Last edited:
Too many people are pushing this "Shut down most of the economy" line.

That isn't and cannot be the answer. This means most people don't have an income. I suspect most people have less than a month's earning in savings - that's not going to stretch 18 months. I bet plenty of people in this country have credit card bills and car loans to pay along with their mortgages - those aren't going to stop overnight. I know of very few businesses that could exist more than a month or two without income - nobody with any sense sits on that much cash. So even if we don't care about the millions who starve during this, there are no businesses left to create wealth once this has gone away.

It's incredibly dangerous for academics to be pushing this angle. The cost of governments listening to their naive opinions will be significantly worse than any virus outbreak could ever cause.

Too many people are pushing this "Shut down most of the economy" line.

That isn't and cannot be the answer. This means most people don't have an income. I suspect most people have less than a month's earning in savings - that's not going to stretch 18 months. I bet plenty of people in this country have credit card bills and car loans to pay along with their mortgages - those aren't going to stop overnight. I know of very few businesses that could exist more than a month or two without income - nobody with any sense sits on that much cash. So even if we don't care about the millions who starve during this, there are no businesses left to create wealth once this has gone away.

It's incredibly dangerous for academics to be pushing this angle. The cost of governments listening to their naive opinions will be significantly worse than any virus outbreak could ever cause.

I think that it was the same research that resulted in the change in approach from the UK government.

I think that it was the same research that resulted in the change in approach from the UK government.
The research is fine - no reason to suspect it's anything other than expert.

He's advocating a step further in terms on isolation than we already have though. A shutdown of most businesses - clearly with no understanding whatsoever of the actual implications of doing so are.

We have to be similarly careful as we are with climate change, that we don't allow the voices for whom this is politically convenient to drown out those of common sense.

Back