• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I understand some vaccines contain active traces of virus and therefore present a risk of putting it back out into the community. So we get back to the numbers game with distribution issues to overcome.

My dad would volunteer to trial it, he’s 87 and does not want to be couped up indoors plus I hold a medical power of attorney (I do but I am joking).

If I understood what I saw on the news last night correctly they're talking about running these processes alongside the testing phase, to cut time. Gambling that the tests are all clear, and they can go straight into distribution.
That's the sensible option. It doesn't shorten the testing phase though - we're still looking at well over 12 months.

Football has a huge ego which goes without saying, listening to radio and watching SSN to even think we will get anywhere near finishing the season is fanciful.

Once we go on enforced lock down, which we will this season will not be finished.

Football has a huge ego which goes without saying, listening to radio and watching SSN to even think we will get anywhere near finishing the season is fanciful.

Once we go on enforced lock down, which we will this season will not be finished.

Depends. I agree re the ego but it may be that the PL will feel that this season has to be finished whenever games start again - they will be open to all sorts of legal challenges otherwise.

It may be season 20/21 that ends up taking the big hit - you could see that being a 19 game season for each club, for example.

I'm staggered by the nonchalance or downright ignorance of some people in this country (UK). Just driven through a local high street and the local cafe's/restaurants are full of people, some of whom are clearly over 70. Do they not realise the severity of this situation? 1000's of people are going to die in this country and the government can only hope their measures will mean it spreads thinly and the NHS doesn't break. Spoke to a customer of mine this morning who is 'hoping we're at the peak' and didn't want to know when I tried to explain this is only the beginning. I had to stop short of calling him a cretin because he spends so much with us. Sorry, had to get it off my chest

I'm staggered by the nonchalance or downright ignorance of some people in this country (UK). Just driven through a local high street and the local cafe's/restaurants are full of people, some of whom are clearly over 70. Do they not realise the severity of this situation? 1000's of people are going to die in this country and the government can only hope their measures will mean it spreads thinly and the NHS doesn't break. Spoke to a customer of mine this morning who is 'hoping we're at the peak' and didn't want to know when I tried to explain this is only the beginning. I had to stop short of calling him a cretin because he spends so much with us. Sorry, had to get it off my chest

I consider my family to be reasonably intelligent people. Yesterday, I had to tell my mum (who is 76, has the breathing condition COPD, heart trouble and Type 2 diabetes) that she shouldn’t be going to a cafe this morning with my 81 year-old uncle (not long out of hospital after having a kidney removed) and his wife.

Beyond belief.

I consider my family to be reasonably intelligent people. Yesterday, I had to tell my mum (who is 76, has the breathing condition COPD, heart trouble and Type 2 diabetes) that she shouldn’t be going to a cafe this morning with my 81 year-old uncle (not long out of hospital after having a kidney removed) and his wife.

Beyond belief.

I’ve got the same issues; had to shout at my dad this morning who’s early 70s, history of heart attacks and lives with my mum who also has health issues. His plan today was to go to the bank, do some shopping, meet a friend for lunch then go to the dump. I asked him if he’d a) seen the news and b) fully understood the words

He’s still planning on going shopping 3 times a week once the over 70s self isolation kicks in because ‘he likes blueberries with his breakfast’!

Animals will be getting vaccinated, infected and tested now. Mice, monkeys. Then after that humans.

@Kandi1977 interesting, where did the immunity info come from? If you are immune for life after catching the virus, it seems like coronavirus can lie dormant in people. They appear better, but it can flare up again. That would explain why some seem to have it twice.
Heard it on the news. I believe it was German scientists who had found evidence of that.

Depends. I agree re the ego but it may be that the PL will feel that this season has to be finished whenever games start again - they will be open to all sorts of legal challenges otherwise.

It may be season 20/21 that ends up taking the big hit - you could see that being a 19 game season for each club, for example.

What legal implications? People sue the league for reacting to people in the country dying and government guidelines? That is not going to wash mate.

I am not trying to be overly negative here but alot of football is going to die off here, the level of debt on top of the existing debt for clubs below the Prem is going to kill off clubs, this is not 2/4 weeks this is 12 weeks minimum now. Supply chain for clubs is going to die off too, the guy who supplies food for Emirates Marketing Project is going out of business now as an example of the knock on effect.

The fact people care about how and when and why the season may end is astonishing for me. This is the worst the country has known it since WW2 and its going to get alot worse.

Me and mine are all healthy with no underlying conditions.

I'm working on the assumption that we'll all get it anyway so we're carrying on as normal (with some extra hand washing, etc).

Me and mine are all healthy with no underlying conditions.

I'm working on the assumption that we'll all get it anyway so we're carrying on as normal (with some extra hand washing, etc).

That's how we end up overwhelming the NHS and killing hundreds of thousands.

That's how we end up overwhelming the NHS and killing hundreds of thousands.

Who will ensure you have food to eat or pay your wages? How will the economy survive months and months of inactivity? We have to have some continuity. The logical things is that is provided by the under-70s while those who are in danger isolate.

What are you suggesting?

What legal implications? People sue the league for reacting to people in the country dying and government guidelines? That is not going to wash mate.

I am not trying to be overly negative here but alot of football is going to die off here, the level of debt on top of the existing debt for clubs below the Prem is going to kill off clubs, this is not 2/4 weeks this is 12 weeks minimum now. Supply chain for clubs is going to die off too, the guy who supplies food for Emirates Marketing Project is going out of business now as an example of the knock on effect.

The fact people care about how and when and why the season may end is astonishing for me. This is the worst the country has known it since WW2 and its going to get alot worse.

As you say, there's a dumpload more to worry about than when the footy season finishes but I reckon it's possible they'll postpone football for a year and finish this season off come March 2021

Who will ensure you have food to eat or pay your wages? How will the economy survive months and months of inactivity? We have to have some continuity. The logical things is that is provided by the under-70s while those who are in danger isolate.

What are you suggesting?

Those that can stay at home do. There are also plenty of jobs that are essential and people will need to continue doing, if healthy and with extra protective measures in place. Isolating the over 70's alone is not enough on its own and not viable over the length of time required. Unfortunately, there are no ideal solutions.

As you say, there's a dumpload more to worry about than when the footy season finishes but I reckon it's possible they'll postpone football for a year and finish this season off come March 2021

Jumpers for goalposts...marvellous isn't it, nice

Back