• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

You only have to read the tributes to the day before’s dead in any newspaper to see that all sorts of people are unfortunately dying from this - including 40 today, according to the government, which couldn’t be pinned with any type of ‘underlying condition’. Take away the lockdown, and those figures will soon multiply very very significantly.

People seem to forget that the closest relation we have seen to this virus is SARS.
Without wanting to sound rude. I suggest we're best to base discussions on accurate (emotionless) data and you quote a newspaper article.

One thing I believe is being laid bare -especially in the US- are how many people have underlying conditions they either ignore or don't recognise due to lack of insurance and therefore preventative healthcare. I think it is a big factor in all this. Let's face it, being healthy requires a lifestyle which many simply don't get close to. Even getting within 70% of a healthy lifestyle would be great for the majority.

One issue is if enough frontline and key workers (not just NHS staff) start dying from repeated or heavy exposure...then they could, quite understandably down tools.

Read 5 bus drivers have died recently for example.

One issue is if enough frontline and key workers (not just NHS staff) start dying from repeated or heavy exposure...then they could, quite understandably down tools.

Read 5 bus drivers have died recently for example.

Really?

Been years since i been on a bus but i thought they had the plastic guard between them and the customer.

I wonder how many of the laid off workers now on the wage subsidy were Kool Aid drinking Tories who thought everyone on the dole was a scrounger...fudging hypocrites. I bet they're not saying that now!

Really?

Been years since i been on a bus but i thought they had the plastic guard between them and the customer.

In the US, Detroit, a bus driver posted a video saying people on his bus needed to not cough and sneeze all the time, to stay at home. He had just had a passenger who repeatedly coughed and sneezed with no regard for others.

It transpired he got the virus and died. Awful. This will come down to people being decent or
not in the end of it all...

an underlying condition (smoker, being overweight, high blood pressure...). Plenty of those dying are hardly ‘infirm’.

And there are plenty dying without any ‘underlying conditions’; and plenty who are below 60.

From what I have seen its more conditions like emphysema, asthma, respiratory, kidney, liver and heart issues.

I've not seen the stats but its rarely reported that its young healthy folk which the media would for sure pick up on.

In the US, Detroit, a bus driver posted a video saying people on his bus needed to not cough and sneeze all the time, to stay at home. He had just had a passenger who repeatedly coughed and sneezed with no regard for others.

It transpired he got the virus and died. Awful. This will come down to people being decent or
not in the end of it all...

For years i have balked at people's hygiene or lack of. The amount of people that dont wash their hands when they come out of a toilet shocks me.

From what I have seen its more conditions like emphysema, asthma, respiratory, kidney, liver and heart issues.

I've not seen the stats but its rarely reported that its young healthy folk which the media would for sure pick up on.

There have been fair few cases of people not having health issues who have died.

I think part of it boils down to the Doctors and nurses being stretched so unable to give adequate care to everyone.

If you are healthy and fall ill and there’s no bed/ Ventilator for you it could end badly.

On another note people need to stay home.
Watford General Hospital declared a state of emergency today and at the same time in Watford they had to shut the park as they had over a 1000 people pass through. Think this was the case all over the U.K.

This lockdown will be toughened up and last longer if people don’t suck it up and stay indoors.

There have been fair few cases of people not having health issues who have died.

I think part of it boils down to the Doctors and nurses being stretched so unable to give adequate care to everyone.

If you are healthy and fall ill and there’s no bed/ Ventilator for you it could end badly.

Watford General Hospital declared a state of emergency today and at the same time in Watford they had to shut the park as they had over a 1000 people pass through. Think this was the case all over the U.K.

This lockdown will be toughened up and last longer if people don’t suck it up and stay indoors.

I don’t doubt that but the % of those young and healthy isn’t to a level that’s truly terrifying, which I know sounds strange to say but it’s true.

I don’t doubt that but the % of those young and healthy isn’t to a level that’s truly terrifying, which I know sounds strange to say but it’s true.

What is truly terrifying are media reports. Each day the most noteworthy headline is - 13 years old, or 5 year old dies. Day after day. @Mikey10 these newsworthy cases are exceptions that prove the rule. Even within vulnerable groups, most people recover from this virus, and its quite mild. Almost no young people die, making the loss in these rare cases standout.

The death rate from normal seasonal flu is around 0.1%. But we don't keep a toll of each sad event.

They had a problem with their pressurised oxygen working properly...not a shortage or overrun with covid patients.

Yes I suppose so . Still it’s all pretty terrifying because of the pressure system is under. Let’s hope they don’t get to a stage where they have to decide who lives and dies because of lack of beds etc.

Yes I suppose so . Still it’s all pretty terrifying because of the pressure system is under. Let’s hope they don’t get to a stage where they have to decide who lives and dies because of lack of beds etc.

oh yeh look it’s terrifying not playing it down at all. Just quantifying it slightly.

stay safe all

Back