• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Conor Gallagher

I think we need to move to a squad of 22 usable players, rather than a squad of about 35 of whom only about 17 seem usable. We're heading in the right direction with this but we're still weighted to quantity over quality

What about your team Chelsea? They got a bloated team

Could be a late bid tomorrow. Just don't see them selling and him wanting to leave with a cup final on the horizon, maybe even two (if they get past Villa) as they keep getting home draws

We would need someone to pay what we want for Hojbjerg, Hojbjerg to actually want to join that club, Chelsea to actually want to deal with us, Chelsea to accept a lot less than 50 odd million, Gallagher to want to come. That's a lot of things to happen in a couple of days!

Also, Sarr, Bentancur, Maddison are all back now and Bissouma will be soon too. Also Skipp, Hojbjerg back up and it doesn't really sound like a great idea to spend 40m + now when we could wait til the summer and get him for probably half that once he enters the last year of his contract, or just buy someone else that is currently not available mid season.

We would need someone to pay what we want for Hojbjerg, Hojbjerg to actually want to join that club, Chelsea to actually want to deal with us, Chelsea to accept a lot less than 50 odd million, Gallagher to want to come. That's a lot of things to happen in a couple of days!

Also, Sarr, Bentancur, Maddison are all back now and Bissouma will be soon too. Also Skipp, Hojbjerg back up and it doesn't really sound like a great idea to spend 40m + now when we could wait til the summer and get him for probably half that once he enters the last year of his contract, or just buy someone else that is currently not available mid season.

This deal was always a punt, the only question we don't know is how bad is Chelsea's numbers? can they get money for Broja? Knowing us we will throw in an offer tomorrow for £35M and see. He won't be half at summer, English tax, Bissouma went for £25M, suspect even at summer Gallagher will be £30M-£40M (depends on who comes in)

This deal was always a punt, the only question we don't know is how bad is Chelsea's numbers? can they get money for Broja? Knowing us we will throw in an offer tomorrow for £35M and see. He won't be half at summer, English tax, Bissouma went for £25M, suspect even at summer Gallagher will be £30M-£40M (depends on who comes in)
Also, Didn't they have to sell this window to beat the 30th June deadline for FFP or whatever it is? I bet selling us Gallagher would be their last option, They will try to sell Broja or Chalobah first, then tout Gallagher around to other bidders too

We also don't really know how good (or bad) our numbers are.

I think it's unlikely to happen, but perhaps a chance.

Also, Didn't they have to sell this window to beat the 30th June deadline for FFP or whatever it is? I bet selling us Gallagher would be their last option, They will try to sell Broja or Chalobah first, then tout Gallagher around to other bidders too
Remember last year they were in a similar position and managed to shift a few players to Saudi clubs before the June deadline. They could be banking on doing the same again. Risky game they’re playing.

I don't really want Gallagher, the advertised prices seem quite expensive for the player he is, which I do understand is partly to do with the homegrown tax but he doesn't appear to be wisest use of 50m to my eyes. I'd rather put that money towards signing a dangerous 1v1 wide man.

I don't really want Gallagher, the advertised prices seem quite expensive for the player he is, which I do understand is partly to do with the homegrown tax but he doesn't appear to be wisest use of 50m to my eyes. I'd rather put that money towards signing a dangerous 1v1 wide man.
No way we’d be paying 50m IMO, think the only reason we are interested is because we think we can get him for the 30m mark which would represent decent value and an upgrade on Hojberg / Skipp

It would be nice to take a key player from each of Cheatski, Newcash, Villa to weaken them as "rivals"
Having watched a bit of Villa Newcash, there are definitely players we could benefit from.
Just a matter of using Lange's insider knowledge about contracts and financial difficulties, to weedle out some gems at a discount price.
Whoever in the Prem has financial problems, we should wade in and fleece them of their crown jewels.

I imagine Chelsea will sell in the Summer if he's not signed a new deal, which I doubt he will unless he gets better terms and Chelsea need to shift players to do so.

Having a look at the other HGP they could sell and most have long contracts and on decent wages, going to be much more difficult to shift

I imagine Chelsea will sell in the Summer if he's not signed a new deal, which I doubt he will unless he gets better terms and Chelsea need to shift players to do so.

Having a look at the other HGP they could sell and most have long contracts and on decent wages, going to be much more difficult to shift
They can try to sell anyone but they need a motivated buyer
The issue is we is their owners I believe have a higher value than what people may be willing to pay based on their own stupidity in what they paid…

The one they'd love to sell is Broja, but I can't see anyone paying 50 million for him.
They could have made a fortune selling these sorts of players after one good game. Kept them and lost value. Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek,
Hudson-Odoi, Abraham. I guess United overpaying for Mount balances it out.

It's 100% worth factoring in their finances before buying. As others have said there are next to zero buyers in the room for £50m players, so it's not like there is great competition.

Obviously they could be bailed out by some back door Saudi payment/purchase/arrangement BUT if they have a 30th June deadline and their finances are in a mess and that could result in a 10pt penalty (for example)...you let that date pass 100%.
They are a rival, might not feel like that now, but they have potential to rise back up...so chop them off at the knees if given the chance.

If we want Gallagher...we can still buy him after that date...it's not time (or position) critical for us.

It's 100% worth factoring in their finances before buying. As others have said there are next to zero buyers in the room for £50m players, so it's not like there is great competition.

Obviously they could be bailed out by some back door Saudi payment/purchase/arrangement BUT if they have a 30th June deadline and their finances are in a mess and that could result in a 10pt penalty (for example)...you let that date pass 100%.
They are a rival, might not feel like that now, but they have potential to rise back up...so chop them off at the knees if given the chance.

If we want Gallagher...we can still buy him after that date...it's not time (or position) critical for us.

How do you factor in that if you don't buy nobody else will? It's an unknown.

We should just make the best deal we can. Levy loves these types of deals. Leeds we got lennon, robinson and keane on the cheap. Plenty of other examples too.

How do you factor in that if you don't buy nobody else will? It's an unknown.

We should just make the best deal we can. Levy loves these types of deals. Leeds we got lennon, robinson and keane on the cheap. Plenty of other examples too.

Further to this. As it's down to amortisation and wages. Unless they cut both. They'll be in the same position each window. We can pick them clean.

Back