• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Conor Gallagher

I'm not overly convinced - he is a bit of a headless chicken. A Lamela without end product. Or a Holtby.

But I guess, other than Sarr, that high tempo pressing isn't something we have much of in midfield, so it'll provide cover for him in that function of the CM trio. But it's expensive for a 5th or 6th choice player.

He'd be an upgrade on Hojbjerg, but I'd prefer someone more capable with the ball as well.

Seems to be hotting up.

-

Seems to be high energy, all action. Not so sure what technical ability or other qualities he has.

Feels like an odd one; fair old chunk of money (some of which will be recouped by the sale of PEH), but if Ange wants him, then all good.

Early in the window, an important player from an old rival, decent fee… strange days.

Supposedly they need to sell for FFP reasons, as Gallagher is an academy player it helps balance the books. Would be a statement of intent if we can get him.

I'm not overly convinced - he is a bit of a headless chicken. A Lamela without end product. Or a Holtby.

But I guess, other than Sarr, that high tempo pressing isn't something we have much of in midfield, so it'll provide cover for him in that function of the CM trio. But it's expensive for a 5th or 6th choice player.

He'd be an upgrade on Hojbjerg, but I'd prefer someone more capable with the ball as well.

Not keen on him either.

Not made of glass like lamela though which may be key

His stats are pretty much on par with lamela when you take games played into consideration

13 goals 10 assists in PL v 17 and 23 from Lamela

About 60 games less.

Ange probably likes him as he'll run for a long time before his battery runs out. Plus the running doesn't appear to break him.

BUT I'm used to Bentancurs Sarrs Udogies Porros Kulus joining my team....
They all have what he has but that something extra as well.

He could easily be a young Robbie Savage.

Edit: plus fudge helping them out with ffp

Ange probably likes him as he'll run for a long time before his battery runs out. Plus the running doesn't appear to break him.

BUT I'm used to Bentancurs Sarrs Udogies Porros Kulus joining my team....
They all have what he has but that something extra as well.

He could easily be a young Robbie Savage.

Is it the ponytail?

This is the same Gallagher everyone wanted when he was at Palace on loan, just remember that.

I can see why chelsea want to do the deal. Even spurs. Not sure why he would though.
Apparently he's a massive Chelsea fan and comes from a Chelsea family so I find that odd.

I like him but dismissed the rumour when I heard it. Seems to be gathering a lot of pace though. Think this is where we're starting to see some chickens come home to roost for Chelsea with how they've run their club over the last two years. A lack of CL football will continue to hurt them.

I like the lad but am not quite sure how he fits in. Yeah it's depth but no way he starts over at least 4 of our midfielders.

Back