• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coffee

it arrived but I've not tried it yet, I have pact planalto, I'll report back tomorrow

also, next bag will be El Mirador, marmalade taste apparently, very much looking forward to that
I've ordered some of that next- the limited edition £8.95 stuff - as my last experience of their limited edition was so good. Not due to be sent for a week so let me know what you think

I've ordered some of that next- the limited edition £8.95 stuff - as my last experience of their limited edition was so good. Not due to be sent for a week so let me know what you think

my latest turned up today so it will
be a fortnight before my next one, you'll beat me to that

It's all in the beans..motor on my trusty grinder went kaput about 6 months ago & also had to ditch my Press..talk about a double blow..now i grind with a crappy dirt cheap krups and steep in a plain old mug & still get a decent cuppa PROVIDED the beans are quality. Using an assortment of single origin roasts from Allpress, Nude & Square Mile that my nephew got for me from the London Coffee Festival...

imho, Monmouth Coffee in Covent Garden sells spectacular beans.

Seconded

I bought an aeropress in the end, really impressed actually. I'm not too fussy about coffee and will drink anything, but it does make a nice, clean drink. Very easy to clean too which gets it marks for me.

The water temp thing is a bit of a guess work job though, just leave it for a bit and hope for the best, can you buy kettles that heat to the temp you want these days?

Also can you stick coffee grounds and paper filters in the compost?

:) i go through cyclical phases..in my lazy sod phase, i just count to 10 slowly and pour the water in. when in anal mode, i heat my press first with boiling water; re-fill my kettle with bottled water, re-boil & measure temp post boil with a thermometer, before steeping my grounds. it really depends on moods.

Nice cup from Bahia in Brazil courtesy of Nude Roasters.
caveat. old coffee. crappy grind. BUT.
still a nice clean cup. smells great!! mellow. light chocolatey tone with a mild orange rind finish.
thoroughly satisfying. :)

:) i go through cyclical phases..in my lazy sod phase, i just count to 10 slowly and pour the water in. when in anal mode, i heat my press first with boiling water; re-fill my kettle with bottled water, re-boil & measure temp post boil with a thermometer, before steeping my grounds. it really depends on moods.
I'm permanently in lazy sod mode, now just to learn how to count up to 10... ;)

I had Kenco Columbian freeze dried coffee this morning.

FYI: My method - I used a spoon to put it in the mug, then added hot water, milk and one flat sugar. :cool:

Lovely.
Do I need to pre-heat the spoon?

I'm more of a Nescafe Alta Rica kinda guy.

Excellent!! Do let us know how it works out. what coffee are you drinking now with the Press?

ok, done a few cups with the v60 now and I think I prefer it to the press, I certainly love that its easier to clean

the coffee has a bit more to it in my experience so far, might just be that i've been more careful than I have with other methods of late

I think I might need a new boiling water receptacle though, to use the v60 properly they suggest starting with just enough water to wet the grounds, my kettle doesn't allow a precise enough flow to not wet the filter as well, i've had more success with a jug but then the water is obviously cooling faster

I think I might need a new boiling water receptacle though, to use the v60 properly they suggest starting with just enough water to wet the grounds, my kettle doesn't allow a precise enough flow to not wet the filter as well, i've had more success with a jug but then the water is obviously cooling faster

...if you want to be a real coffee nerd you need a hand turned grinder, and a goose necked pouring kettle obviously ;-)

;)

probably too cumbersome for me...think it requires a delicate touch. but as you pointed out quite easy to clean which is a big plus.
waiting for a new batch from Monmouth & my grinder is almost repaired...good times :)

This all sounds like a huge amount of effort.

What's wrong with machines where you put beans in one end and get espresso from the other?

Back