• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

Read the other day he's on 204k a week at the mo, Barca pays some of his loan wage I assume, no chance we sign him perm on that kinda wedge.
Have read he's on anything from 90k to 160k, that Barca paid over 50% of his wages while on loan to us and that we've paid the majority of his wages. Doubt very much it's 240k a week.

Have read he's on anything from 90k to 160k, that Barca paid over 50% of his wages while on loan to us and that we've paid the majority of his wages. Doubt very much it's 240k a week.

Whatever he is being paid he has not shown he was worth it. imo

i bet barca are slashing his cost so they get him off their wage bill

no way levy should be picking this up on that kind of wage and his level of play

His wages are massive apparently, would save Barca something like 20-25m if they could get him off the books. He's better than Sanchez at least - if we could get him for 5-7m then I think that would be a decent enough deal. Barca are in big financial trouble and we should take advantage of that.

Well Ange will probably be playing a 433, and to play Lenglet in a back 4 alongside Romero would concern me.

We need options however and Sanchez, Tanganga and one of Rodon or Dier will all likely and certainly should leave.

I’d be quite happy with Romero, Killman, Lenglet and Rodon as our four options.

Would be interested to see how each of them develop under Ange.

His wages are massive apparently, would save Barca something like 20-25m if they could get him off the books. He's better than Sanchez at least - if we could get him for 5-7m then I think that would be a decent enough deal. Barca are in big financial trouble and we should take advantage of that.
Doesn't matter how cheap we get him, we'd be stuck with his high wages.

Would we be able to turn him in the same window for a profit? E.g sign him off Barca for say £8m, then sell him down the league for say £15m?

We need options however and Sanchez, Tanganga and one of Rodon or Dier will all likely and certainly should leave.

I’d be quite happy with Romero, Killman, Lenglet and Rodon as our four options.

Would be interested to see how each of them develop under Ange.

Rodon? Are you on a windup mate?

Look you are entitled to your opinion but don't you dare start whinging when we start shipping goals.

We shipped 63 goals in the league and you would be happy with 4 central defenders that would include Rodon and Lenglet???

Wow!

Rodon? Are you on a windup mate?

Look you are entitled to your opinion but don't you dare start whinging when we start shipping goals.

We shipped 63 goals in the league and you would be happy with 4 central defenders that would include Rodon and Lenglet???

Wow!

We have a budget that needs to be used potentially in signing three significant players for a combined fee well over £100m. For example Raya, Kilman and Maddison.

Therefore to fill the rest of the spaces we have to make compromises, that’s the fairly obvious reality.

The two backup central defender spots have to be filled by either a cut price Lenglet deal, Rodon, Sanchez, Tanganga or Dier.

Personally I know the limits of the last three in that list and they can all go asap. Rodon potentially has a higher ceiling than the current level of those three. With a good coach perhaps he can achieve his potential and turnout to be a good reliable back up for us.

We have a budget that needs to be used potentially in signing three significant players for a combined fee well over £100m. For example Raya, Kilman and Maddison.

Therefore to fill the rest of the spaces we have to make compromises, that’s the fairly obvious reality.

The two backup central defender spots have to be filled by either a cut price Lenglet deal, Rodon, Sanchez, Tanganga or Dier.

Personally I know the limits of the last three in that list and they can all go asap. Rodon potentially has a higher ceiling than the current level of those three. With a good coach perhaps he can achieve his potential and turnout to be a good reliable back up for us.
We don't have to spend 100m to cover those three positions. Raya will end up being 30m tops, there's plenty of CB options that are in the last year of their contract or available on a free.
Madison will cost the most but he's not the only option if the asking price gets too high and stops us strengthening at the back.

Agree here. Rodon hasn't ever been a disaster and with that role being the third of 2 CBs he probably has the mindset and reliability to be that.

I think it's fanciful to have 3 equal level CBs meaning two high quality coming in for one to sit on the bench IMO

Back