• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

Weird
I’ve seen him talk about his interests outside of football and they would fall into the bracket of someone investing time in educating themselves … a strong trait

I’ll give an example of his leadership if it helps. Have you watched all or nothing? He calls out dele for dele not calling out a player he had an issue with. That’s leadership. Make people accountable

He is not a true leader, he is Gareth from the office. Says stuff to look good, knows the right things to say and sometimes even the right times to say it.

A leader is someone who leads by example and tries to improve himself, Dier is lazy. You can see this by the fact he still has not learnt tactics in his highly paid day job. No amount of social media posts by his social media team of him travelling alone in the Atlas mountains will make me think otherwise.

He is the middle class version of Wayne Rooney. He is the modern version of the old fist pumping English players of the 80s. Yeah he watches a few motivational videos and parrots out the same tired clichés the macarons in my gym do.

Then the following week he let's his man free at a corner and we concede. He has had enough years and opportunities to prove us wrong. He is a waste of space and I can't believe he is getting another contract.

He is not a true leader, he is Gareth from the office. Says stuff to look good, knows the right things to say and sometimes even the right times to say it.

A leader is someone who leads by example and tries to improve himself, Dier is lazy. You can see this by the fact he still has not learnt tactics in his highly paid day job. No amount of social media posts by his social media team of him travelling alone in the Atlas mountains will make me think otherwise.

He is the middle class version of Wayne Rooney. He is the modern version of the old fist pumping English players of the 80s. Yeah he watches a few motivational videos and parrots out the same tired clichés the macarons in my gym do.

Then the following week he let's his man free at a corner and we concede. He has had enough years and opportunities to prove us wrong. He is a waste of space and I can't believe he is getting another contract.

Give this a listen to to see what kind of a person Dier is: https://sphinx.acast.com/p/acast/s/the-high-performance-podcast/e/61d2155a4d503600122bc88d/media.mp3

There is a nasty rumour going around that we are about to sign Lenglet permanently. I thought it was obvious that after conceding 63 goals in the league that we need to increase the quality of our centre backs. Signing Lenglet would be a step backward.

There is a nasty rumour going around that we are about to sign Lenglet permanently. I thought it was obvious that after conceding 63 goals in the league that we need to increase the quality of our centre backs. Signing Lenglet would be a step backward.

If it means we can move on Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga, Rodon and put that money towards one more CB of quality, I'm all for signing Lenglet at a reasonable price.

Old, high wage, slow/cant play a high line, mid-table standard. All the hallmarks of a perfect signing.

He's always reminded me a bit of Ricardo Rocha really

If it means we can move on Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga, Rodon and put that money towards one more CB of quality, I'm all for signing Lenglet at a reasonable price.

Mediocrity by another name is still mediocrity. He is weak, slow, poor in the air and can be bullied. He only remotely looks okay when he is not pressed and is given time and space on the ball. He s simply not good enough for where we want to go.

Interesting as I saw a few that said he was going back without fail.

So the stop gap loan signing to be made permanent. Says a lot about our transfer dealings. I got a horrible feeling we are not going to do good business this summer.

Romero had a lousy season, but he is still the only central defender in the squad that I would like to have a long term future with us.

We need to upgrade Lenglet and Sanchez this summer.

Djer has one more year on his contract and I would not lose any sleep If he goes on a free next summer because I know it will be difficult to bring in 3 central defenders this summer.

As for Roden, he is should never be seen in a Spurs shirt ever again.

Lenglet hasn’t put a foot wrong imo, not been a stand out but he has been more solid than overrated Romero this season.

As a back-up LCB, Lenglet is about as good as we could possibly hope for.

He'll also look far better in a team which is looking to retain position, as we will next season, rather than a team which is sitting back and inviting pressure on

But a higher line will absolutely murder him

How would you know? Don’t tell me, you studied him at Barca?

If that is what you were going to say, then you know most of his mistakes at Barca was when defending in the box and not from being in a high line.

Not sure about that.

However could you alternatively name me some CBs with Kyle Walker's pace, VVD's aerial dominance and Hoddle's passing...and who we can fit within our wages structure and transfer budget?

Lenglet as a back-up CB ticks enough boxes. Think we need another CB to partner Romero though

Not sure about that.

However could you alternatively name me some CBs with Kyle Walker's pace, VVD's aerial dominance and Hoddle's passing...and who we can fit within our wages structure and transfer budget?

Lenglet as a back-up CB ticks enough boxes. Think we need another CB to partner Romero though
He will name a load of wonderkids from the football manager list.

Indeed, he has no pace. Also, it will be impossible for him to hide in a back 4.

I get it, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but anyone who thinks the likes of Dier or Lenglet are good enough has really low standards.

Maybe they have already forgotten that we shipped 63 goals in the league.

Lenglet is a player I would not resign while Dier is one that I would not offer a new contract even if I had to put up with him for one final year (eek!).

Back