• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

0-3 at home with his first team Vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine reserves in a competition they should be targeting.... absolutely.
However they might be smart enough to understand he isn't necessarily the issue, it's way deeper.

It's embarrassing. Almost makes you feel sorry..... actually no, it's fudging hilarious[/QUOTE

Its great and could not have happened to a better club.:D:D:D

He's a big part of the issue. 18 months there and no clear style of play. His signings have also been terrible with either over the hill players that are signed as a stop-gap and need to be replaced already or players that clearly aren't good enough.

He is, and some credit to Levy for figuring it out in an interview

My biggest issues with ETH is/were always 3 things
- No game management -> Our big night against his Ajax team, there is really no way they should have been knocked out, the last season when they got beaten 7-0, they have no way to adjust, at 3-0/4-0, just close the game down, take the L, don't continue to do the same brick and get torn a new one (same as Ajax semi)
- Ajax is a system/development club, very little of that is the manager, it's been in place for decades, add on top the advantage they have against rest of league.
- Player choices, he doesn't seem to be a great judge of player (or even understand type of player to system), doesn't seem to trust the scouting department (every player is either ex Ajax and/or he coached before, and too many buys (Casimiro, Eriksen, Verane) at the back end of their career for a club in a re-build.

And he lacks charisma, which is critical in any club under the media microscope.

Marcus Rashford's birthday celebrations hours after Manchester United's 3-0 defeat by Emirates Marketing Project were "unacceptable" and the forward has apologised, says manager Erik ten Hag.

The party last Sunday night was pre-planned, and attending the gathering did not prevent Rashford from arriving on time for training on Monday.
"I am aware of it and I spoke with him about it," said Ten Hag.

"It is unacceptable. I told him. He apologised and that is it."

Ten Hag was clearly unhappy at the optics of Rashford being seen out in one of Manchester's most exclusive nightspots when he had just been part of an abject Premier League display in which United ended up being comprehensively outclassed.

The manager refused to say whether the England international, who turned 26 on 31 October, had been fined, saying it was an internal matter.

However, he confirmed Rashford had not been omitted from the starting line-up for Wednesday's EFL Cup fourth-round defeat by Saudi Sportswashing Machine as a disciplinary measure.

Marcus Rashford's birthday celebrations hours after Manchester United's 3-0 defeat by Emirates Marketing Project were "unacceptable" and the forward has apologised, says manager Erik ten Hag.

The party last Sunday night was pre-planned, and attending the gathering did not prevent Rashford from arriving on time for training on Monday.

Ten Hag was clearly unhappy at the optics of Rashford being seen out in one of Manchester's most exclusive nightspots when he had just been part of an abject Premier League display in which United ended up being comprehensively outclassed.

The manager refused to say whether the England international, who turned 26 on 31 October, had been fined, saying it was an internal matter.

However, he confirmed Rashford had not been omitted from the starting line-up for Wednesday's EFL Cup fourth-round defeat by Saudi Sportswashing Machine as a disciplinary measure.
He's lost the plot.

That's ridiculous. How to lose the dressing room 101. (If he hasn't already).
I mean the 'optics' might not be good for fans who will have been far from happy with the result and performance. Fans like to believe players feel the same as they do and should be hurting when they hurt not out enjoying themselves. It doesn't work like that.
But how can it be 'unacceptable' to celebrate a birthday? Can you only make plans based on results? If he had held the party the night before a match or turned up late/not turned up the next day, or failed any in-house tests, then that would be unacceptable.
(Having said that I don't know any more than what's posted here. If he was seen acting badly, being very drunk or something, then that would be unprofessional and more worthy of comment/rebuke).

ETH must be looking for the sack with that team selection. How can he start Maguire and Evans over Varane?
McT and Ericsson in the centre of midfield? Really is a soft centre there. Amrabat has to be a better choice?

As a young man I remember getting absolutely bladdered after losing the first semi final I played in, you need to let off steam at times, as long as you can perform in training its shouldn't matter, would it have been an issue if United had won 3-0

As a young man I remember getting absolutely bladdered after losing the first semi final I played in, you need to let off steam at times, as long as you can perform in training its shouldn't matter, would it have been an issue if United had won 3-0
Didn't break any rules so I doubt it's anything but an injury, ETH would be going down a dangerous road if he started dropping players over things like that

I think as a general rule elite players aren't allowed by clubs to drink during the season (or pre-season) any more.

That's ridiculous. How to lose the dressing room 101. (If he hasn't already).
I mean the 'optics' might not be good for fans who will have been far from happy with the result and performance. Fans like to believe players feel the same as they do and should be hurting when they hurt not out enjoying themselves. It doesn't work like that.
But how can it be 'unacceptable' to celebrate a birthday? Can you only make plans based on results? If he had held the party the night before a match or turned up late/not turned up the next day, or failed any in-house tests, then that would be unacceptable.
(Having said that I don't know any more than what's posted here. If he was seen acting badly, being very drunk or something, then that would be unprofessional and more worthy of comment/rebuke).
If you compare all that to how our manager would respond.

Back