• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

very good today, now hope he can keep this up for the rest of the season.
his potential was never his problem. if he wants to be regarded as a top player, he needs to influence games with much more consistency.

It still really irks me when he puts his arms up/out like a fairly and turns his back on 50-50 challenges. There was one in the first few minutes that was particularly embarrassing.

The rest was sublime mind you.

as good as he was today, i'd love him to score from a free kick again, its been well over a year, just think how MORE dangerous we will be when he gets his shooting boots back from 20 yards out.

Lol, people still moaning!

If you're referring to me, I just think 50-50 challenges at the beginning of games (especially in derby matches when the tension is high) are pivotal in setting the tone of proceedings.

I want to see Eriksen crack in like Lamela, Alli, Walker and especially Rose would.

I think he's the one player in our squad who's soft in that regard, even Son cracks in.

Also I did acknowledge the rest of his performance was excellent.

If you're referring to me, I just think 50-50 challenges at the beginning of games (especially in derby matches when the tension is high) are pivotal in setting the tone of proceedings.

I want to see Eriksen crack in like Lamela, Alli, Walker and especially Rose would.

I think he's the one player in our squad who's soft in that regard, even Son cracks in.

Also I did acknowledge the rest of his performance was excellent.
I would like him to as well, at least now and again. But I think we need to accept he's not that kind of player and when he produces like he has over the last 6 games or so then it's not an issue.
When it is an issue for me is when he isn't producing, the least he could do is attempt to tackle. Everyone has periods out of sorts, but to keep your place in the team you should be at least trying to negate that by bringing something else to the team. He doesnt imo.

I have been very critical of Eriksen this season. And I still believe rightly so.

...That was, up until the Chelsea away game. That goal changed his whole demeanour. He seemed to get some confidence back and played with that slight swagger again. Ok, so one of his goals against Swansea highlighted further that he bottles it too much in a challenge, but we had glimpses of the real Chrissy back.

Since then he has been fantastic. Not only in goals and assists, but actually throwing some weight around. Last night was the pinnacle…I saw him winning bloody headers!!! Not just half-baked little jumps, he was actually strong in the air and winning the ball back. He got his foot into tackles, harassed players, chased everything all game. In general, it was the epitome of a midfield performance from a Poch midfielder.

So, for now, I reserve my criticism and am rejoicing in having the real Eriksen back on the pitch. Long may it continue. I doubted you could turn it around Chris, and my patience had worn so thin i was calling for you to be dropped. I was wrong.

In Poch we trust.

Christian-Eriksen-Tottenham-773195.jpg

I posted the link to Michael Cox's Guardian article about our set-up last night in the Tactics thread, but thought it worth extracting this part on Eriksen :

Alli was the hero, but the real matchwinner here was Eriksen. In a fast-paced contest based around pressing, physicality and a clear clash of similar systems, the Dane was the only pure playmaker on show, and the only performer playing the game at a more reserved tempo, varying his position intelligently to find space away from his direct opponent. Indeed, it may have been crucial that Gary Cahill was booked for clumsily rugby‑tackling Eriksen on 38 minutes – having previously shut him down extremely quickly, suddenly the centre‑back was reluctant to move out from defence, and Eriksen found freedom. He took full advantage with two delicious assists.

I have been very critical of Eriksen this season. And I still believe rightly so.

...That was, up until the Chelsea away game. That goal changed his whole demeanour. He seemed to get some confidence back and played with that slight swagger again. Ok, so one of his goals against Swansea highlighted further that he bottles it too much in a challenge, but we had glimpses of the real Chrissy back.

Since then he has been fantastic. Not only in goals and assists, but actually throwing some weight around. Last night was the pinnacle…I saw him winning bloody headers!!! Not just half-baked little jumps, he was actually strong in the air and winning the ball back. He got his foot into tackles, harassed players, chased everything all game. In general, it was the epitome of a midfield performance from a Poch midfielder.

So, for now, I reserve my criticism and am rejoicing in having the real Eriksen back on the pitch. Long may it continue. I doubted you could turn it around Chris, and my patience had worn so thin i was calling for you to be dropped. I was wrong.

In Poch we trust.
As has been pointed out in this thread before he's been carrying an injury from a knock he took in his last appearance for Denmark back in November. Whatever it was, judging by the almost exaggerated way he's been protecting himself recently he must have been feeling especially vulnerable.

If people can't see the effect/quality of Eriksen in last 5 games, then no point arguing.

Game against Cheat$ki also showed how its supposed to work, Kane/Dele/Dembele are supposed to draw the opposition to them, make runs, give Eriksen the space/time, with that he can hurt the opponent, it showed up in his shooting chance early, plus the two assists ..

Back