• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Agree fully. He gave us that creativity and purpose on the ball deep in midfield that we've missed a bit to often this season.

But it worked because we changed formation and that shows a flexibility in the side that wasn't there last season.

I always thought he would be lucas replacement and he is clearly a very different player but playing centrally he does have some similar characteristics

It just goes to show what a top ( all round) player he is. I know Stop! Hammer time but i really fail to see how anyone does not see him as one of our most important (if not our best) player.
i think everyone knows his potential but he is so inconsistent. and he ought to be scoring more goals, imposing himself on every game.
if we think ourselves as a top 4 team then we need to compare him to the likes of hazard, silva, countinho etc...

He's not as incisive with the ball as his contemporaries (...players like De Bruyne, Ozil and arguably Coutinho), nor is he as skilled a goalscorer or dribbler.

I don't usually read your GARGANTUAN posts, but surely this is just plain wrong? Someone whack up the passing, chances, assists, goals scored stats please.

I don't usually read your GARGANTUAN posts, but surely this is just plain wrong? Someone whack up the passing, chances, assists, goals scored stats please.

I've been searching for the relevant stats myself. I remember seeing a Sky stat somewhere that said that he was the 3rd or 4th highest chance creator in the league (by total chances created) over the past three or four seasons, behind Ozil, Hazard and (possibly) Silva - similarly, his passing accuracy and shots on target in that timespan also put him third or fourth overall. It's what I mean when I say that he isn't the greatest at any of these things, but he's plenty good enough for a team like us.

I've been searching for the relevant stats myself. I remember seeing a Sky stat somewhere that said that he was the 3rd or 4th highest chance creator in the league (by total chances created) over the past three or four seasons, behind Ozil, Hazard and (possibly) Silva - similarly, his passing accuracy and shots on target in that timespan also put him third or fourth overall. It's what I mean when I say that he isn't the greatest at any of these things, but he's plenty good enough for a team like us.

He doesn't get the rest that those players do though

Ozil rests in the big games
Hazard took a whole season off
Silva hasn't been the same player for a couple of seasons now and was playing less and less due to injuries

He is also the youngest player for the team with the least expensive squad in fees and wages

Thanks. From what I'm seeing, he very much was the third/fourth best across the 2014/2015, 2015 /2016 and current campaigns, based solely on comparisons to the other league leaders - funnily enough, he was actually second only to Ozil in his debut season. :p

He doesn't get the rest that those players do though

Ozil rests in the big games
Hazard took a whole season off
Silva hasn't been the same player for a couple of seasons now and was playing less and less due to injuries

He is also the youngest player for the team with the least expensive squad in fees and wages

True, but you could also interpret that as Ozil, Hazard and Silva producing more in the time that they do spend on the pitch/switched on than Eriksen does during his constant first-team involvement, no? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's bad in any way, shape or form - he's very good, and my post indicated that. But he isn't the best in the league at chance creation, goalscoring, dribbling et al - I think that's a fair statement to make.

Thanks. From what I'm seeing, he very much was the third/fourth best across the 2014/2015, 2015 /2016 and current campaigns, based solely on comparisons to the other league leaders - funnily enough, he was actually second only to Ozil in his debut season. :p

True, but you could also interpret that as Ozil, Hazard and Silva producing more in the time that they do spend on the pitch/switched on than Eriksen does during his constant first-team involvement, no? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's bad in any way, shape or form - he's very good, and my post indicated that. But he isn't the best in the league at chance creation, goalscoring, dribbling et al - I think that's a fair statement to make.
Point is that by including stats for tackles won, Squawka appears to be attempting to be comparing each players total contribution all over the park.

But as Scara pointed out above, 'there's no available stat for "passes prevented by closing off the channel." Therefore their stats cannot but be misleading in that they are not truly comparing apples with apples.

Point is that by including stats for tackles won, Squawka appears to be attempting to be comparing each players total contribution all over the park.

But as Scara pointed out above, 'there's no available stat for "passes prevented by closing off the channel." Therefore their stats cannot but be misleading in that they are not truly comparing apples with apples.
As long as we trust the player to be doing some kind of reasonably intelligent running (sorry Parker/Carragher but you're not included) then the distance covered would at least partly show the effort put into doing that.

Eriksen is always up there for that stat.

FWIW... using the figures from WhoScored, since the start of 2013/14 season...

Minutes per chance created (assists + key passes)
De Bruyne 22.5
Ozil 22.8
Silva 25.7
Eriksen 27.7
Hazard 31.4
Coutinho 35.2
Mata 43.2

Minutes per goal
Hazard 243.7
Mata 329.8
Eriksen 344.5
Silva 368.6
Coutinho 393.2
De Bruyne 402.6
Ozil 424.4

Minutes per defensive action (tackle or interception or block or clearance)
Eriksen 20.7
Coutinho 22.0
De Bruyne 23.4
Silva 23.4
Mata 30.1
Hazard 38.4
Ozil 38.8

There is little doubt that he suffered an early season dip in form. He wasn't scoring enough, his shooting was tame or wildly off target, his passes would find opposing players as often as they would find his teammates, his set piece delivery was frustrating and he was not contributing to goal scoring opportunities for other offensive players. You could see it affect his confidence.

But he is a classic example of the old cliche about form and class. Since the last Chelsea game at the end of November he has scored 5 goals and provided 2 assists. His confidence has returned and his set pieces look dangerous again.

He is definitely a key player for us as he is our main/only link player and arguably our most incisive passer (there is also a good case for Lamela and Kane). His skill set is highly coveted and it's why he generally plays when fit. In this inflated transfer market he must be a 25 million plus player.

There is little doubt that he suffered an early season dip in form. He wasn't scoring enough, his shooting was tame or wildly off target, his passes would find opposing players as often as they would find his teammates, his set piece delivery was frustrating and he was not contributing to goal scoring opportunities for other offensive players. You could see it affect his confidence.

But he is a classic example of the old cliche about form and class. Since the last Chelsea game at the end of November he has scored 5 goals and provided 2 assists. His confidence has returned and his set pieces look dangerous again.

He is definitely a key player for us as he is our main/only link player and arguably our most incisive passer (there is also a good case for Lamela and Kane). His skill set is highly coveted and it's why he generally plays when fit. In this inflated transfer market he must be a 25 million plus player.
Sissoko was the best part of £30m wasn't he?

That would put Eriksen somewhere around the £90-100m mark.

Last edited:
Just this season stats from Squawka - compared to the other guys make eriksen look like a DM :)
2w1xzmh.png
[/IMG]
2nmubn.png

Back