• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

We had an awful season, and still finished third, they had a Leicester season and finished top 10.

We had an awful second half of the season. They were dogbrick throughout bar the bounce when OGS came in. I don’t see OGS lasting but if they get shot early enough, any manager coming into a squad with what they have + Eriksen will give us - Eriksen a run for our money.

Based on last season, them, the rent boys and the scum are our rivals.

We had an awful second half of the season. They were dogbrick throughout bar the bounce when OGS came in. I don’t see OGS lasting but if they get shot early enough, any manager coming into a squad with what they have + Eriksen will give us - Eriksen a run for our money.

Bit early in the season to be that pessimistic, I think we’ll have it sewn up by the end of Feb.

We also had multiple injuries, more than our rivals did, and were barely rotating the squad just throwing the same players at every match and then asking why the team looked tired. No World Cup will have helped this summer, add in playing at our home stadium rather than Wembley for most of the season. Then we’ve added Ndombele who can come in and hopefully help to boss midfield for us. But we do need changes, we need to add a couple of players before the transfer window ideally especially if Eriksen is off.

I’d also anticipate that if Levy is happy to sell Eriksen for £50/60m to United, that he’s offering Eriksen to clubs overseas for less than that price much in the same way that apparently Levy wanted more for Modric, and Bale, from the PL Clubs than from their sales to Real Madrid.

Lastly, we have Pochettino who is the best manager we can have. Even if United changed manager, unless they take Pochettino which is what concerns me most, then what’s the guarantee that they will find a manager who wants the job, and who is next level quality? Last time they wanted someone they appointed OGS.

IF he has his heart is now set on United then we’re are over a barrel as if he’s prepared to front this season out he got there on a free next season. The only other play to avoid it is to offer a cheaper deal to an overseas club and threaten to freeze him out if he doesn’t take it.

Last edited:
IF he has his heart is now set on United then were are over a barrel as if he’s prepared to front this season out he got there on a free next season. The only other play to avoid it is to offer a cheaper deal to an overseas club and threaten to freeze him out if he doesn’t take it.

Freezing him out hurts us more, we have limited forwards as it is.

Freezing him out hurts us more, we have limited forwards as it is.
It’s more the threat of it to try and force him to go to Europe, which I think is the most we can hope for now. If he’s still here we next week without a new deal we have the Damocles sword hanging over us of him choosing to go to Chelsea next season (same with Toby to be fair and possibly Jan which seems to be of our own doing)
I guess this is collateral damage for getting top 4 whilst we had no transfer budget and the stadium delay. If we’d sold him and Toby whilst we had the two year buffer as I suspect Levy would have preferred we would have had a big struggle to have replaced them and get CL last season. Letting Jan get to a year left is a mistake and I wouldn’t want to abuse his loyalty if he is looking for a 3 year deal, him and Toby on a free would be an attractive prospect for many teams

It’s more the threat of it to try and force him to go to Europe, which I think is the most we can hope for now. If he’s still here we next week without a new deal we have the Damocles sword hanging over us of him choosing to go to Chelsea next season (same with Toby to be fair and possibly Jan which seems to be of our own doing)
I guess this is collateral damage for getting top 4 whilst we had no transfer budget and the stadium delay. If we’d sold him and Toby whilst we had the two year buffer as I suspect Levy would have preferred we would have had a big struggle to have replaced them and get CL last season. Letting Jan get to a year left is a mistake and I wouldn’t want to abuse his loyalty if he is looking for a 3 year deal, him and Toby on a free would be an attractive prospect for many teams

I still hope he signs a new deal, as we will struggle to get as good, let alone better.

I cant get my head around Jan, Even a 3 year deal is worth the risk - He is not going to go downhill in 3 seasons - and even if he does he is more than capable of being a back up, or we sell him to Ajax or the like.

I’m baffled by some supporters apparent indifference about Eriksen to United. Even if you don’t believe he would improve them much, losing him weakens us big time. He’s a very, very good player.

This goes beyond the economics of the situation. We need to make a statement and that statement is “We’re Tottenham, we’re one of the leading clubs with England and our best player is not joining a rival at any cost”. Do what Fergie did with Heinze. Do what we did with Modric. Do what Liverpool did with Suarez. Under no circumstances can he go there and I’ll be spitting nails if he does.

IF he has his heart is now set on United then were are over a barrel as if he’s prepared to front this season out he got there on a free next season. The only other play to avoid it is to offer a cheaper deal to an overseas club and threaten to freeze him out if he doesn’t take it.

I don't think I've seen anything to suggest his heart is set on Utd. Just that Utd are looking at him as a replacement if/when Pogba goes, and have offered him a substantial pay packet.
That's why I'd be surprised and disappointed if that was his choice, as he has said he wants a step up, and that it isn't all about money. If he signs with Utd now, he limits his chances for a move to RM or Barca next summer (assuming RM don't come in for him next couple of weeks). I can't see any logic as to why he would do that now, unless relations with Spurs have broken down irretrievably, which doesn't seem to be the case.
(I can see the logic in why we might want to sell him if he won't sign a new contract, although I'd much prefer it wasn't to Utd).

I’m baffled by some supporters apparent indifference about Eriksen to United. Even if you don’t believe he would improve them much, losing him weakens us big time. He’s a very, very good player.

This goes beyond the economics of the situation. We need to make a statement and that statement is “We’re Tottenham, we’re one of the leading clubs with England and our best player is not joining a rival at any cost”. Do what Fergie did with Heinze. Do what we did with Modric. Do what Liverpool did with Suarez. Under no circumstances can he go there and I’ll be spitting nails if he does.

I agree to an extent. What if him going there is the difference between being able to sign Fernandes or not?

Eriksen would be off at the end of the season anyway.

I hope he signs a new contract, but if he doesn’t, selling to u tied for 60-70m is a no brainier. Huge sum of money which we can use to strengthen for the long term.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It looks like he cant be ar5ed anymore and doesnt want to be here, just look at his pens and his reaction to his goal against Bayern.

It's like when your boss knows you want to leave and could go to a few companies, and you can't be fcuked to do any work. I think we need to get rid at any cost and to any club just so we dont lose him on a free and the negativity doesnt spread to the team. If he did go to United too it would show his true colours as well, as although they are clearly the bigger team and they still have the appeal, would you bet on them getting into the top 4 this year?

Because we will have refused to sell to a domestic rival.

That is a powerful statement about where we now stand, compared to the relatively recent days of Carrick, Berbatov and Keane - and it lets every other player at the club (and every other top 6 team) know exactly what our stance is.

When you are dealing daily in a world which talks in billions of pounds, I’d take the millions of pounds hit to make the statement. It should pay off in the long term.

What's hard to grasp about Eriksen to United for 50m+ now being much preferable to Eriksen to United for free next summer?

Sell him abroad and threaten him with a season in the stiffs if he won’t move. Let him rot if that’s what we think will happen. We need to be ruthless on this one.

I agree to an extent. What if him going there is the difference between being able to sign Fernandes or not?

Eriksen would be off at the end of the season anyway.

I hope he signs a new contract, but if he doesn’t, selling to u tied for 60-70m is a no brainier. Huge sum of money which we can use to strengthen for the long term.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It goes beyond economics. Sell to United and we’re admitting they’re still a bigger, more attractive club than us even without CL football.

It looks like he cant be ar5ed anymore and doesnt want to be here, just look at his pens and his reaction to his goal against Bayern.

It's like when your boss knows you want to leave and could go to a few companies, and you can't be fcuked to do any work. I think we need to get rid at any cost and to any club just so we dont lose him on a free and the negativity doesnt spread to the team. If he did go to United too it would show his true colours as well, as although they are clearly the bigger team and they still have the appeal, would you bet on them getting into the top 4 this year?

He looked pretty happy to score via Munich

Also, its a pre-season friendly - I assume Harry is off then, he didnt look Happy after Real goal.

I don't think I've seen anything to suggest his heart is set on Utd. Just that Utd are looking at him as a replacement if/when Pogba goes, and have offered him a substantial pay packet.
That's why I'd be surprised and disappointed if that was his choice, as he has said he wants a step up, and that it isn't all about money. If he signs with Utd now, he limits his chances for a move to RM or Barca next summer (assuming RM don't come in for him next couple of weeks). I can't see any logic as to why he would do that now, unless relations with Spurs have broken down irretrievably, which doesn't seem to be the case.
(I can see the logic in why we might want to sell him if he won't sign a new contract, although I'd much prefer it wasn't to Utd).
To be clear I’d rather him go on a free overseas next season than to United, but when he becomes available it’s out of our hands.

Back