• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It has but like Jon says, we could have potentially been even better. Maybe Rose is a lost cause now but I still believe a fully fit and motivated Rose is better than Davies.

I’d argue we would have been even stronger with Toby in the side last season. Certainly don’t think we would have been any worse.

We don't know if we are ever going to see a fully fit Rose again and given what he has said about suffering from depression, it may be a bit more complex than being motivated.

We may have been stronger with Alderweireld in the side, it might have made us worse, he certainly didn't look great when he did play. What we don't know is what happened between him and Poch and what cost him being back in the team would have done for team discipline.

I think that it's best to back the manager. I can't think of many staffing decisions he's got wrong.

It has but like Jon says, we could have potentially been even better. Maybe Rose is a lost cause now but I still believe a fully fit and motivated Rose is better than Davies.

I’d argue we would have been even stronger with Toby in the side last season. Certainly don’t think we would have been any worse.
Agree they were both better than their replacements before they got injured but both lost their edge following injury. Toby was way off the pace when he came back and is still some way from being back to where he was prior to injury, likewise Rose, so Poch was/is right to stick with Sanchez and Davies.

Signs are now though that Sanchez is going backwards a bit so Toby will have his chance if he stays, but Rose has yet to make an appearance this season so it's not looking good for him.

Remember also the key thing for Poch is attitude. If they are not prepared to give 110% to the team then it doesn't matter how good they are, it's just not going to work is it.

Well, it’s worked.... if you consider transitioning again in seasons where we might have won something had we not been stepping players up!
(Not arguing with your point though, they have all stepped up. Just presenring a counter thought of what might have been!)
Bottom line each of the players who lost out were/are motivated to an extent by money, something that's in short supply at Tottenham right now. Not sure Poch can do too much about that tbf.

That's a responding to a point I didn't make. If he's to leave Spurs, he should be aiming higher than PSG.

That is all well and good, but when you consider Levy will demand silly money for him I would suggest his options are limited, and to be honest I will question if would start for either Barca and Madrid at the moment. at least with PSG he has a better chance to compete for the CL than staying with us.

That is all well and good, but when you consider Levy will demand silly money for him I would suggest his options are limited, and to be honest I will question if would start for either Barca and Madrid at the moment. at least with PSG he has a better chance to compete for the CL than staying with us.

The big advantage PSG have over us in the CL is that they are guaranteed to qualify and can rest players domestically ahead of fixtures.

A player with them only really has the CL knock out games to look forward each season. I think that Eriksen would get games for Madrid, he'd do well at Juve too. He can always move to PSG in five years time.

Erm, Toby? Walker? Rose? Possibly Eriksen?

You're one for four so far and that ain't good. Walker's departure was a classic case of being smart by selling a player a year too soon rather than a year too late. Waiting until this year would have been too late. We scored maximium financial return for a player of his ilk and brought in a top-notch replacement in Trippier. All England thanks us.

The remainder of your group remain at Spurs and, after the result at Old Trafford, I'd bet would be looking at remaining with Spurs through fresh eyes.

You're one for four so far and that ain't good. Walker's departure was a classic case of being smart by selling a player a year too soon rather than a year too late. Waiting until this year would have been too late. We scored maximium financial return for a player of his ilk and brought in a top-notch replacement in Trippier. All England thanks us.

The remainder of your group remain at Spurs and, after the result at Old Trafford, I'd bet would be looking at remaining with Spurs through fresh eyes.

The point is that they have all been unsettled and everything points to that being due to wages. We have been lucky so far as no one came in for them this window (all of the signs are that Toby and Rose wanted out and reports this week have us offering them to Utd) but that could still change.

The squad picked for Denmark's upcoming games are refusing to play as they no longer have a deal on image rights and personal sponsors. The players are meeting up at an unknown location just in case an agreement is reached before their first game against Slovakia. The Danish FA have contacted all top flight clubs in Denmark to ask if there's anyone that's willing to play, while the Players' Association are encouraging them to turn down the offer.

A couple of weeks off would be great for Eriksen. Now if only the England squad could have the same issues!

Back