• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

The fact he's been one of our best players for a good few seasons now and we've let his contract run down to under 2 years worries me. Based on Levy's modus operandi we should have him tied up on another 5 year contract at this point so I can imagine there is some truth to this story.

If we want to keep taking this club forward he has to stay and be rewarded in line with our best player/s.

If they were claiming he wanted more than I'd be worried, the fact they say parity is reassuring imo and a deal will be struck soon.
Let's not forget that as important as Erikson is to us DL has the small matter if a £400m stadium completion to keep him occupied.

Its the Daily Fail, lets see what happens before we start slitting our wrists.:rolleyes:

Accept your point about the source, but wouldnt want to get to next summer without him having signed a new contract as by then his advisors will be telling him not to sign one given the position he could be in if he waits

Accept your point about the source, but wouldnt want to get to next summer without him having signed a new contract as by then his advisors will be telling him not to sign one given the position he could be in if he waits

I can't dance with that.

Pay him what he wants.

We can’t afford to lose him and we certainly can’t afford or pay to replace him.

We spent Zero in the transfer window because the squad was unabled to be improved upon so pay him what he’s worth

We’d be looking at around £80m (if not more) plus wages to replace him. That’s nearly double what we paid for our record signing (Sanchez).

Looking forward to a year of Poch freezing Eriksen out, and crow barring Josh Onomah into the number 10 slot - whilst protesting that it’s nothing contractual realted and is purely a tactical decision :confused:

Looking forward to a year of Poch freezing Eriksen out, and crow barring Josh Onomah into the number 10 slot - whilst protesting that it’s nothing contractual realted and is purely a tactical decision :confused:
Ha! But the real irony is it actually works: Trips, Sanchez and Davies have all stepped up.

Saying that I don't see Eriksen playing up, he's not the sort.

Ha! But the real irony is it actually works: Trips, Sanchez and Davies have all stepped up.

I do not think the issue is that he will play up, my concern is simply that like Toby he does not sign a new contract. He now has just under 2 years left on his current contract and there are already stories in the media about PSG sniffing around.

Well, it’s worked.... if you consider transitioning again in seasons where we might have won something had we not been stepping players up!
(Not arguing with your point though, they have all stepped up. Just presenring a counter thought of what might have been!)

Last edited:

It has but like Jon says, we could have potentially been even better. Maybe Rose is a lost cause now but I still believe a fully fit and motivated Rose is better than Davies.

I’d argue we would have been even stronger with Toby in the side last season. Certainly don’t think we would have been any worse.

I would suggest many will questioning our lack of ambition if we fail to do enough to lock down such a key player who if he is not world class is definitely bordering on world class.

That's a responding to a point I didn't make. If he's to leave Spurs, he should be aiming higher than PSG.

Back