• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

InsideWorldFootball @insidewldftball

Tottenham will demand $1.5m from Fifa after Christian Eriksen was injured in Denmark’s friendly with Norway

I disagree that this is good in any way. He won't adapt any better by being injured and not playing. If anything, I think it will slow down his progress, and a three-four month layoff will mean we probably won't see the best of him until next season, IMO. I think Eriksen has already shown improvement this season, ad would have continued to improve with more game time.

Holtby is a good substitution, and like-for-like at the moment, but in my very humble opinoin Eriksen has by far the most potential of the two in that position. I think it's more likely we'll see Holtby being moved on in a season or two rather than Eriksen.

In time Holtby will replace Dembele as our deeper sitting ballplayer.

InsideWorldFootball @insidewldftball

Tottenham will demand $1.5m from Fifa after Christian Eriksen was injured in Denmark’s friendly with Norway

I thought that was what insurance was for.

FIFA is paying Real for Khedira's injury. However, I doubt it will amount to that much since Eriksen is on much lower wages and not out for the same period of time.

How do you know he is on much lower wages? Just because he plays for Madrid does not automatically make him a £100k a week player.

Any news on Eriksen's injury?

Is it bad that i don't care that much?

don't get me wrong i don't want him out injured for long but my first reaction to the news was 'that's one of the obstacles standing in Lamela's way gone for a while, maybe AVB will actually grow a pair and let him play now'.

don't get me wrong i don't want him out injured for long but my first reaction to the news was 'that's one of the obstacles standing in Lamela's way gone for a while, maybe AVB will actually grow a pair and let him play now'.

Just need Sigurdsson, Holtby, Lennon and Chadli to go down with flu.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

After an MRI scan it's been determined that @ChrisEriksen8 suffered a sprain of the lateral ankle ligaments playing for Denmark on Friday.
Christian's scan showed no sign of ruptured ligaments which will result in a shorter period of recovery for the attacking midfielder.

After an MRI scan it's been determined that @ChrisEriksen8 suffered a sprain of the lateral ankle ligaments playing for Denmark on Friday.
Christian's scan showed no sign of ruptured ligaments which will result in a shorter period of recovery for the attacking midfielder.

Could be back in 2 weeks if he's done that ligament before. Will still be 4-6 if it's his first time though.

Small mercies. Good.

Won't happen on Sunday, Holtby will play because of his work rate/energy.

Eriksen is potentially our best player....at least equal to Lamela...

lets hope speedy recovery......................................................................

Coy................................................................................................................Spurs.................................

doesnt lamela work for his teams normally?

I agree with this (if I think the point you're making is correct).

I actually think part of Holtby's problem is he is trying too hard in a Spurs shirt. He needs to chill the hell out and take a more laid-back view of the pitch like he did at Schalke, take his time more, and use his intelligence and ability he showed there more.

Too much of the time he's running around like a headless chicken and closing people down, which means by very definition he rarely receives the ball in space.

How do you know he is on much lower wages? Just because he plays for Madrid does not automatically make him a £100k a week player.

I think that's roughly what he makes. Also, the length of injury is different as I thought Khedira was out for the rest of the season.

Obviously I dont want to see any of our players get injured, but Eriksen being injured for a few weeks isnt a disaster thanks to our better squad depth now.
When we lost Bale to an injury last season it was massive. Luckily now should we lose 1 or 2 midfielders we have good replacements to step in

I agree with this (if I think the point you're making is correct).

I actually think part of Holtby's problem is he is trying too hard in a Spurs shirt. He needs to chill the hell out and take a more laid-back view of the pitch like he did at Schalke, take his time more, and use his intelligence and ability he showed there more.

Too much of the time he's running around like a headless chicken and closing people down, which means by very definition he rarely receives the ball in space.

the bit in bold doesnt make sense to me tbh

Good news about Eriksen's injury.
Hopefully it won't become "Danny Rose injury situation mk2"...

Back