• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

If people are being critical after Saturday then that's wrong.

But he's been poor this season for the most part. I've been a fan of his ever since we signed him, but I haven't seen a great deal of improvement over the 3 and a bit seasons if truth be told.

I think people like myself get frustrated because he can be our Ozil/Coutinho. I don't think he's anywhere near that good but I believe he needs to do it more often than he has done this season.
I would rather have Eriksen than Ozil.... Ozil doesn't contribute to his team at all when they do not have the ball. If Eriksen were freed up from defensive responsibilities in the way that Ozil (or Payet) are I think we would see goal and assist numbers from Eriksen that were better than anyone in the league.

I would rather have Eriksen than Ozil.... Ozil doesn't contribute to his team at all when they do not have the ball. If Eriksen were freed up from defensive responsibilities in the way that Ozil (or Payet) are I think we would see goal and assist numbers from Eriksen that were better than anyone in the league.

Ozil is definitely flakey but he play defense splitting passes on a more regular basis than Eriksen. Didn't Eriksen still manage 10 league goals during Poch's first season?

Ozil is definitely flakey but he play defense splitting passes on a more regular basis than Eriksen. Didn't Eriksen still manage 10 league goals during Poch's first season?

Who's to say he won't still emulate that this season? Come to think of it, three goals in his last two outings? He's well on the way to thirty for the season! :D

Last edited:
I thought Eriksen was more effective than Coutinho the last few seasons i.e. better stats, better offensively, better defensively, slightly less flashy?

Coutinho hasn't been consistent depsite the hype

Ozil was the creator In Chief for Arsenal last year but a lot of them were set pieces and also last touches from a bigger move. This season where he has scored more his assists have dropped massively

Erisken for me plays more like David Silva

But much of that is because he doesn't have a defensive responsibility and therefore is naturally in a better position to be able to play those passes when his team win back possession and get the ball to him.

Plenty of times this season, Christian has been in position to move into 5 yards of positive space with time to make the right attacking/possessive decision. He has simply not been playing with the verve, confidence or spark he did for the last couple of seasons (even last season he started to become tentative). Let's hope the last few games are the beginning of him coming out of his unconfident spell. He was, it has to be said, very very unlucky with the early offside against spammers...

i don't see it happening. he simply lacks courage. even me i would relish having someone like eriksen as an opponent - too easy to bully.
he will do for now, but I hope poch and levy are looking hard for alternatives. i have high hopes for Winks, but I think we need someone continental (not joking) to make this role work.

ladies_fac_orient_hero.jpg

I keep hearing we can do better than CE and that we should be looking to sign better.

Premier League record:
Games: 111
Goals: 26
Assists: 27

I would be interested to see who we could sign (who would accept our wage structure) that can improve on this record.

Suggestions?

PS:

Coutinho

Ozil

These players on the open market would cost north of £30-£35m and command £150k per week+ imo. Just using these as a benchmark.

I keep hearing we can do better than CE and that we should be looking to sign better.

Premier League record:

I would be interested to see who we could sign (who would accept our wage structure) that can improve on this record.

Suggestions?

PS:

Coutinho

Ozil

These players on the open market would cost north of £30-£35m and command £150k per week+ imo. Just using these as a benchmark.

Don't let reality cloud your thinking, any of the world best players would sign for us in our utopian dream

Premier League record:

Suggestions?

PS:

Coutinho

Ozil

Who cares about his stats ;) after all he is a pussy ( so they say) and never dives into tackles. How can he be a good player if he does not do that. ;)

Who cares about his stats ;) after all he is a pussy ( so they say) and never dives into tackles. How can he be a good player if he does not do that. ;)

Don't try to knock down straw men. No one said he had to 'dive into' tackles, they just don't want to see him ducking out of them. It would also be reassuring to see him actually attack the ball when going for headers, instead of hanging back.

Don't try to knock down straw men. No one said he had to 'dive into' tackles, they just don't want to see him ducking out of them. It would also be reassuring to see him actually attack the ball when going for headers, instead of hanging back.

I honestly don't care about creative midfielders winning many headers

Football is played with the feet wherever possible

I've seen erisken win headers in the middle of the park that I didn't expect and I've seen him lose tackles that he should have won...

Ultimately if we judge a creative attacking player on their weaknesses and ignore their strengths we will never be happy

I honestly don't care about creative midfielders winning many headers

Football is played with the feet wherever possible

I've seen erisken win headers in the middle of the park that I didn't expect and I've seen him lose tackles that he should have won...

Ultimately if we judge a creative attacking player on their weaknesses and ignore their strengths we will never be happy

When it comes to physical courage, or a lack thereof, I don't know that there can be any valid defences.

I thought Eriksen was more effective than Coutinho the last few seasons i.e. better stats, better offensively, better defensively, slightly less flashy?

The stats seem to show Eriksen as at their level, if not better but the stats don't always tell the full story. Ozil goes missing a lot granted but Coutinho's overall play is better IMO.

Its nothing about straw men mate, Stop! Hammer time and its obvious you see things that i do not.

Back