• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Watched some old Spurs games going as far back as 2014. Eriksen seems to appear a lot in the highlights eh. I think Gylfi was supposed to be his back to back.

I thought he played well today. The thing about Eriksen is that he's not quick and not flash but knits things together and picks out passes.

If we had more intelligence and running ability in our forward players Eriksen would shine more. He's a decent player and we'd miss him if he wasn't here.

Bingo, our runs into space has been really poor this season and that has made it a lot harder for the likes of Eriksen to be at his best.

Modric was/is a world class player but during his time here he had Lennon; Defoe etc running into space, at the moment and for most of this season Eriksen has not had that going for him. He has not been at his best but the movement in front of him has not helped.

The game was won so why should he take any risks by sticking his head in to a challenge like that.
Indeed, especially after watching another Swansea defender get away with kicking Walker in the head at the start of the match :mad:

Cywt-69WgAA19Xe.jpg

I still cannot understand how the ref didn't book the swansea-player for that kick on Walker.
It is not intentional (ie. not to hit his head, anyway), but it is still a high boot, and should have been a yellow (at least) for dangerous play.

Sure, if he didn't see it, he can't give it, but if he (nor his assistants) sees THAT, what the bleedin' f*ck were they looking at? Did any of the ladies on the stand flash their tits? Were there flying saucers above? Or did a new stadium magically arise from the ground just outside the cornerflag?

Just to get this right.... After a pretty much flawless performance with 2 goals and an assist people are still criticising Eriksen?

I think the stat above that shows Eriksen has created more chances than anyone other than Payet is telling. Especially when you consider the two players respective work rates. Payet is pretty much completely freed from his defensive duties (as evidenced in our game at WHL a week ago when Payet continually allowed Walker to run forward unopposed) whereas Eriksen is a key part of our teams defending.

Just to get this right.... After a pretty much flawless performance with 2 goals and an assist people are still criticising Eriksen?

I think the stat above that shows Eriksen has created more chances than anyone other than Payet is telling. Especially when you consider the two players respective work rates. Payet is pretty much completely freed from his defensive duties (as evidenced in our game at WHL a week ago when Payet continually allowed Walker to run forward unopposed) whereas Eriksen is a key part of our teams defending.

Payet may have some good individual moments but thats all he is, an individual. He doesnt give a brick about team play and has zero interest in defending or taking responsibility.

Looking forward to Eriksen taking advantage of the large OT pitch on Sunday and continuing his upturn in form with an influential performance.

A good game from Eriksen, but let's be honest the assist in this game is a bit of my favourite buttplug , a shot that deflects from one side of the goal to another, hardly intentional.
Not his fault of course but does highlight that stats aren't always the whole story.

If people are being critical after Saturday then that's wrong.

But he's been poor this season for the most part. I've been a fan of his ever since we signed him, but I haven't seen a great deal of improvement over the 3 and a bit seasons if truth be told.

I think people like myself get frustrated because he can be our Ozil/Coutinho. I don't think he's anywhere near that good but I believe he needs to do it more often than he has done this season.

A good game from Eriksen, but let's be honest the assist in this game is a bit of my favourite buttplug , a shot that deflects from one side of the goal to another, hardly intentional.
Not his fault of course but does highlight that stats aren't always the whole story.

Just like in the NLD where he created 2 guilt edged chances that weren't taken. Swings and roundabouts.

I've been more than satisfied with what he's produced over the last 4 or 5 games and hopefully by adding his name to the goals and assists column it will add some much needed confidence and he will go on a run now.

Back