• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Get in!

His new contract obviously has some clauses regarding a minimum fee starting next summer I presume. Possibly dependant on how Villa fare.

As much as I wasnt 100% certain of getting Benteke - it is strange that we are unable to get a striker. I sure to GHod hope that we have one lined up hence Benteke deciding to stay at Villa.

Get in!

His new contract obviously has some clauses regarding a minimum fee starting next summer I presume. Possibly dependant on how Villa fare.

the minimum fee wont be less than 20-25 mill though imo.....why would Villa give him away in a years time for anything less than they could have got now?

As much as I wasnt 100% certain of getting Benteke - it is strange that we are unable to get a striker. I sure to GHod hope that we have one lined up hence Benteke deciding to stay at Villa.

Going by reports it seems quite likely that we've missed out on two strikers so far, Villa and Benteke.

It's not even the time of the preseason where all the players are back yet, not quite the time to panic yet.

Maybe he got one of those oral agreements about listening to offers...

yeah but Villa said they would listen to offers this summer, as long as they came in soon after Benteke handed in his transfer request

Villa gave us a chance, 10 days almost to get this deal done. We chose not to obviously so we have to move on but to GHod knows where

it seems Lambert can be very persuasive...shame we gave him this cahnace to talk to the player face to face.....

Lambert said: "I had a full and frank discussion with Christian on his return to training this week.

'It's my opinion that the best thing for him is to remain at Villa.

'He enjoyed a terrific first season at the club and can use that as a platform to enjoy more success this season.

'I'm delighted he has chosen to commit to the club. It's a huge bonus and I'm sure the supporters are every bit as delighted as me to have him on board and raring to go.

Going by reports it seems quite likely that we've missed out on two strikers so far, Villa and Benteke.

It's not even the time of the preseason where all the players are back yet, not quite the time to panic yet.

I wasnt just referring to this summer... yeah last summer was Ade (lets be honest though now THAT was a convenient signing - cant imagine he was AVBs choice).

Its not panic stations yet though but I, and im sure AVB et al, would have loved a striker before full pre-season started.

A bit gutted to see him stay, but happy for Villa fans. It's terrible to see your best players picked off from bigger clubs, we should know.

soooooo was we even in for him or was we just being used to get a wage increase?

i think we were in for him but would go nowhere near the 25 mill Villa want. Everyone knows that Villa dont sell cheaply, so i guess we walked away

i think we were in for him but would go nowhere near the 25 mill Villa want. Everyone knows that Villa dont sell cheaply, so i guess we walked away

This seems likely to me and fair enough. Even most our fans were rather "meh at best" about us spending £25m on Benteke.

And he's a better finisher we really fudged ourselves here should have paid the fudging money and have legit title hopes now we are stuck with ade and Defoe

This is most likely true. In fact, I'd be surprised if we even got past a brief enquiry about his price - I can imagine the conversation:

Levy: is Benteke for sale?
Villa: Yes
Levy: How much?
Villa: £25M
Levy: (Laughing) Seriously, how much?
Villa: £25M
Levy hangs up.

Benteke was a smokescreen. We're probably angling for Bent. Cheaper, and the three fewer letters on the back of his shirt will equate to savings which will surely appeal to Levy.

Back