• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

I still think he's vastly over-rated. This time next year I don't think he'll be worth more than £8million.

I still think he's vastly over-rated. This time next year I don't think he'll be worth more than £8million.

I don't think he's the finished article by any stretch of the imagination, he's still rough around the edges but to do what he's doing at present when he's just 22 in his first season in the premier league, in a properly toss team as well is impressive. Plenty of things will determine where he goes from here in terms of his develop and we'll see how he turns out, but in hindsight would you not have wanted us to sign him in the summer for £7m?

Christian Benteke has stated he's a gooner; plus I think I read somewhere that he thought he was jing a London club when he signed for Villa.

So he's Gooner and he's a bit dim.

He will certainly be on the move if Villa go down. Will be expensive if they stay up though.

It does really frustrate me how we can't seem to identify any strikers within our budget that the club feel can take us forward, yet weaker clubs with smaller budgets manage to bring in the likes of Benteke and Michu this year, Cisse the year before, Odemwingie and Ba the year before that....

Agree with that. Strange to think what our scouts are up to. You can add Sturridge and Jelavic, Fellaini, Miralles (Everton) to that list. Sign up the Everton scouts - they also found Rooney, Lescott, Baines, Rodwell, Coleman, Arteta all for nominal amounts.

Not sure why we are linked with him based on performances this season. He may well turn out to be a one-season wonder like many before.

Not sure why we are linked with him based on performances this season. He may well turn out to be a one-season wonder like many before.

I wouldn't even call him a one-season wonder. Mostly been average. There'd moaning like never before on here if we played with him up front.

Don't see anything too special here. On his day will be a handful but otherwise would probably frustrate the hell out of most.

Purple patch + excitement of playing in the Premier League, just can't see his form lasting whether he stays at Villa or not.

I don't think he's the finished article by any stretch of the imagination, he's still rough around the edges but to do what he's doing at present when he's just 22 in his first season in the premier league, in a properly toss team as well is impressive. Plenty of things will determine where he goes from here in terms of his develop and we'll see how he turns out, but in hindsight would you not have wanted us to sign him in the summer for £7m?

Agree with this. Very similar to Lukaku in the sense that he's a rough diamond and still raw, plus he's Belgian obviously. He wins nearly every header he goes for, bullies defenders, has pace and strength and is also skillful. The only thing things I question at this stage is his composure in front of goal and his finishing, but he's only 22. I would love us to sign him in the summer, but for now, I think we need a more clinical finisher and that should be the main aspect we look at when and if we decide to sign a striker in this window.

And how did Tuesday's goal stand up, Jurgen? Composed finish, I'd say. Touch of Van Nistelrooy(ManU vs Juventus) or Barishnykov(Dynamo Kirov) I shouldn't wonder.

Anyone else think he's a bit like a bigger and stronger version of Defoe?

Haven't seen him much apart from highlights, but I did watch the game last night against Bradford. Seems like he primarily likes to operate in the box, give him chances and he will score. But he won't create much on his own, or drop deep and create chances for others.

Incidentally I always thought a bigger and stronger version of Defoe could be a very good player. The added option of being an outlet for the long balls up field and being a real threat from crosses does make a difference.

Aston Villa FC ‏@AVFC0fficial

Aston Villa can confirm that Christian Benteke has submitted a written transfer request. #avfc

That's a zero, not an O.

Do you really think AVFC would tweet this?

Vote for Lambert's tossest signing. Will you go for Ronny Vlaar, Westwood, Bennett or the powerhouse that is Jordan Bowery? #avfc #utv

:lol:

That's a zero, not an O.

Do you really think AVFC would tweet this?

Vote for Lambert's tossest signing. Will you go for Ronny Vlaar, Westwood, Bennett or the powerhouse that is Jordan Bowery? #avfc #utv

:lol:

You'd certainly understand if they did LOL!

Spurs interest in Benteke

Tottenham are tracking Celtic striker Gary Hooper and have watched Watford goal sensation Matej Vydra. The north Londoners are also understood to be "very interested" in Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke.

The Midlands club will be relieved that the powerful 22-year-old, who has scored 11 times this season, cannot move this January under FIFA rules having already played for two clubs this season.

But Spurs are keen and Villa could find it hard to keep Benteke if their London rivals can offer him Champions League football in the summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leeds-2-1-tottenham-spurs-ace-1559735

Back