• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benitez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what people would have thought if we had been linked with Jackson Martinez BEFORE he went to Porto. 28 in 58 in the Mexican League.. the same league that Christian Benitez has 52 goals in 79 games in. AND they are about the same age.

I wonder what people would have thought if we had been linked with Jackson Martinez BEFORE he went to Porto. 28 in 58 in the Mexican League.. the same league that Christian Benitez has 52 goals in 79 games in. AND they are about the same age.

very well put

what you witness there is the influence of marketing and exposure

a player scores 10 goals in division x...and then scores 10 in division y. people will only want him if division y has some sort of clout over division x....IMO only because of the perceived level of y vs x due to exposure in the media

i have confused myself now

I'll base my opinion on 3 goals in 30 games for Birmingham, but more importantly that he looked utter toilet.

I'll base my opinion on 3 goals in 30 games for Birmingham, but more importantly that he looked utter toilet.

How long ago was that? People go by stats far to often, ever thought he may have matured and became a better player because of his experience in the prem?

How long ago was that? People go by stats far to often, ever thought he may have matured and became a better player because of his experience in the prem?

Three years ago, when he was 23. The guy is nowhere near good enough for us. I'd rather spend a fortune on Benteke.

Fun fact though: He is married to the daughter of fellow Ecuadorian international, since retired, Cleber Chala. Looks like they missed out on playing together by just one year. Chala went to Southampton with Delgado, but never played.

very well put

what you witness there is the influence of marketing and exposure

a player scores 10 goals in division x...and then scores 10 in division y. people will only want him if division y has some sort of clout over division x....IMO only because of the perceived level of y vs x due to exposure in the media

i have confused myself now

The player proves himself at a higher level. Seems a fairly valid criteria to me.

The player proves himself at a higher level. Seems a fairly valid criteria to me.

I see what you are saying but then Luis Suarez would not have been given a chance in PL having only played in the erividisie. Conversely Diego Forlan having failed at Utd should not have gone on to amount to anything at Athletico. Obviously these are exceptions but if our scouts feel a player is worth a risk I will trust their judgement.

but how do you know its a higher level? i mean for sure....how do you know that what he did in one league is less important than another? especially with the lack of exposure on the perceived lesser league

but how do you know its a higher level? i mean for sure....how do you know that what he did in one league is less important than another? especially with the lack of exposureed on the perceived lesser league

I don't but I am surmising that the Dutch league is better than he Mexican league based on popular wisdom. Irrespective the point still stands. If a league is generally accepted as a higher standard then the transfer risk is mitigated in the eyes of the purchaser.

I see what you are saying but then Luis Suarez would not have been given a chance in PL having only played in the erividisie. Conversely Diego Forlan having failed at Utd should not have gone on to amount to anything at Athletico. Obviously these are exceptions but if our scouts feel a player is worth a risk I will trust their judgement.

Actually I was saying that Suarez may not have got a chance if he played in Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back