• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Child's name tattoos

Decent art work is definitely acceptable, particularly if its unique

Tribal symbols, swallows, heart and arrow, kids names etc are a no no

If a lot of those muppets put the same thought, effort and passion into being a good father as they do about their tattoo, the world might be a better place. Here's a thought, save the money and buy your kid something nice and the hours you'd spend getting the tat, take your kid to the park instead.

Years ago i had my daughters name put just above my Right Hand.

I then split with my then girlfriend & mother of my daughter. It put women off dating me!!!

I didnt understand? i love my daughter; Chlamydia!

If a lot of those muppets put the same thought, effort and passion into being a good father as they do about their tattoo, the world might be a better place. Here's a thought, save the money and buy your kid something nice and the hours you'd spend getting the tat, take your kid to the park instead.

So you're saying because someone has a tattoo this makes them a bad parent?

What I've always wondered is this: why does it seem that there is a disproportionate amount of poor people who cover themselves in tattoos? Perhaps there's some deep psychosomatic reasoning behind it, but it's a definite trend.

What I've always wondered is this: why does it seem that there is a disproportionate amount of poor people who cover themselves in tattoos? Perhaps there's some deep psychosomatic reasoning behind it, but it's a definite trend.

Dont know how they afford it, my sleeve cost me ?ú1,560 in all, 26 hours work, took me over a year to save up and get it done

This!

The tattoo snobs on here that bang on about 'class' probably wouldn't know what it was if it slapped them in the face.

I'm no detective

but I'm guessing that you have some tattoos.................

I don't - (have any)

but can I ask, do you think that they look classy, ie

that the addition of tattoos to your body elevates you up the social ladder, by default?

On a personal level, I have never met anyone who doesn't have one - who has expressed real regret that they never did, but I have met innumerable people who have had them done, who regret it bitterly.

The only people who defend them staunchly, seem to be the people who have got to the point of no return - ie, impossible to cover up, or have removed.

This is an observation, not a condemnation.

Personally tattoos were never my thing. I did briefly toy with the idea of getting one but i had no real reason to (the purpose of getting a tattoo is that it's meant to mean something to you right?). Lately i've really had the urge to get one dedicated to my dad. He HATED tattoos though and always used to make these mocking jokes/remarks whenever a tattoo program like 'Miami Ink' was on "when i die you can get R.I.P Dad tattooed on your arse".

I do remember the last conversation we had in regards to tattoos though and i actually did tell him that when he passes away i will get a tattoo dedicated to him (and one for mum too), something simple, but until then i will never get a tattoo. He did actually agree and we shook on it.

I still feel guilty though because i know he didn't really want it. I wanna get a scroll with a little message to him but i've backed out 3 times in the last 2 weeks. My concious is fudging playing with my mind and i really don't wanna regret it either. MAN UPPPPPPPPP.

Because its not. If you don't like it don't get it done. Quite simple IMO but if someone else wants it done its up to them and if you don't like it it doesn't make them wrong for having it done.
But Roy , there isn't one person in this thread who has said it is wrong (a statement), some have said it is classless, tasteless etc etc ( but these are opinions.) If anyone said it is wrong I would agree with you but so far it is all opinion rather than statement.

Personally, not only tasteless but also pointless, however I fully respect your opinion if it is a meaningful thing in your life.

Personally tattoos were never my thing. I did briefly toy with the idea of getting one but i had no real reason to (the purpose of getting a tattoo is that it's meant to mean something to you right?). Lately i've really had the urge to get one dedicated to my dad. He HATED tattoos though and always used to make these mocking jokes/remarks whenever a tattoo program like 'Miami Ink' was on "when i die you can get R.I.P Dad tattooed on your arse".

I do remember the last conversation we had in regards to tattoos though and i actually did tell him that when he passes away i will get a tattoo dedicated to him (and one for mum too), something simple, but until then i will never get a tattoo. He did actually agree and we shook on it.

I still feel guilty though because i know he didn't really want it. I wanna get a scroll with a little message to him but i've backed out 3 times in the last 2 weeks. My concious is fudging playing with my mind and i really don't wanna regret it either. MAN UPPPPPPPPP.

Memorial tattoo's can be lovely if done right, your idea of a scroll with a message sounds a really nice one

Ive got one that reminds me of my gdad who passed away, everytime I look at it it reminds me of him, I love it...

No one is ever coming near me with a needle unless they want to end up in a hospital. Of course nurses and doctors are allowed, anyone else and i will smash the living fudge out of them. I do not like needles, snakes or scottish people.

No one is ever coming near me with a needle
PHP:
unless they want to end up in a hospital. Of course nurses and doctors are allowed, anyone else and i will smash the living fudge out of them. I do not like needles, snakes or scottish people.

This may have been covered elsewhere, but are you chich?

My feelings on tattoos is that if they lasted 10 years only, I'd definitely have one done. But the fact its with you for life is a little too scary for me.

Serious question to those pro-tattoos people...how do you think your artwork will look when you are 60+? Did you not think about that when you had it done or did you consciously say fudge it, and did it irrespective of future grandkids etc?

Serious question to those pro-tattoos people...how do you think your artwork will look when you are 60+? Did you not think about that when you had it done or did you consciously say fudge it, and did it irrespective of future grandkids etc?

Nope because I live my life for the now, I could have a Muamba type moment tomorrow and collapse in the street or get knocked over by a bus

Nope because I live my life for the now, I could have a Muamba type moment tomorrow and collapse in the street or get knocked over by a bus

Good luck with that, I wouldn't give mouth to mouth to someone with tattoos, you're probably full of Hepatitis C.

(Not necessarily what I actually believe)

So you're saying because someone has a tattoo this makes them a bad parent?

No I'm saying a lot of (ie not all) the people I see with their kids name tattooed on them are deadbeat parents. But they got the kids name on their arm, so I guess it's okay to spend all their money at the pub and not read to them at night.

Back