• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chelseas finances

he was bought because he looks like Drogba

unfortunately looks is as far as it goes....Lukaku doesnt have the heart, the power, the sheer desire to succeed that Drogba has. Those qualities are what make Drogba the player he is

Come on now, Drogba flapped around for a fair bit in England before becoming the player is he now.

As much as we all want Chelsea signings to balls up, Lukaku hasn't really had a fair crack of the whip to be judging just yet. Looked realy good against Norwich when he came on for the last 15 minutes or so.

he was bought because he looks like Drogba

unfortunately looks is as far as it goes....Lukaku doesnt have the heart, the power, the sheer desire to succeed that Drogba has. Those qualities are what make Drogba the player he is

typical Chelsea signing. They really are on the brink of disappearing off the radar. Drogba will leave, Cech, Terry, Lampard and Cole are on the downward slope and dramatically so, they will never find that quality again. haha so long suckers

Whenever I've seen Lukaku playing, for such a young lad, I thought the absolute opposite. He's about the only player I know of at the moment who may turn out to be as powerful as Drogba, he has a tidy technique and a good shot and is pretty quick across the grass.

Remember he is only 18. I think the biggest mistake he has made is going to Chelsea. They have no pedigree of bringing players through, even ones that are part finished, and they are a shambles at the moment anyway. Hopefully it doesn't ruin his progression.

And if the rumour mill is to be believed, his Belgian countryman Hazard has even commented on what a mistake it seems for Lukaku.

I think they are mismanaging McEachran's development now as well.

Come on now, Drogba flapped around for a fair bit in England before becoming the player is he now.

As much as we all want Chelsea signings to balls up, Lukaku hasn't really had a fair crack of the whip to be judging just yet. Looked realy good against Norwich when he came on for the last 15 minutes or so.

He didn't even get to a big club (Marseille) until he was almost mid twenties. Everyone seems to exect players to be finished articles by the end of their teens nowadays, when the truth is that unless you have incredible raw pace or prodigeous talent, this is unrealistic expectation.

It makes me howell. Look at Marin as a perfect example. Smashes the curve when he comes on the scene as a teenager. Werder begin to struggle, he has two difficult seasons and people write him off... at 22!

Fully agreed Wooks.

in other news, from the beeb

Villas-Boas was brought in at a reported cost of about ?ú25m, which included a ?ú12m three-year contract, ?ú5m compensation to his former club Porto, and severance pay for the man he replaced, Carlo Ancelotti.

If true that is amazing, let's be honest, even the most optimistic Chelsea fan would say he's doing pretty bad as it stands, but Abramovich will be tinkling away a fair bit of money if he gets rid.

Lukaku last summer:

'I want to go to a club where I can develop further. ItÔÇÖs not that I just want to be transferred to Chelsea,' he said.

'At the moment I am patient. I remain at Anderlecht and I am not thinking of a transfer.'

Lukaku added that if he did leave Anderlecht he wouldn't join a club that would then loan him on.

Recent Chelsea signing, goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, was immediately sent to Atletico Madrid.

'When I do leave, it will not to be lent on as Thibaut Courtois has been,' Lukaku stressed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2021088/Chelseas-chances-signing-Romelu-Lukaku-recede.html

He didn't even get to a big club (Marseille) until he was almost mid twenties. Everyone seems to exect players to be finished articles by the end of their teens nowadays, when the truth is that unless you have incredible raw pace or prodigeous talent, this is unrealistic expectation.

It makes me howell. Look at Marin as a perfect example. Smashes the curve when he comes on the scene as a teenager. Werder begin to struggle, he has two difficult seasons and people write him off... at 22!

DAVID top player i always liked him, saw him score 2 against forrest one year, hell might have even been the 80's

It does make me chuckle when I read stuff from Ron Gourlay saying Chelsea have outgrown Shamford Bridge, really, for all but the biggest games you can buy tickets from general sale and are struggling to sell totally out these days, so how if you cant fill a 42k stadium can you think you need a 60k stadium...

I'm starting to lean towards supporting Liverpool for 4th. If Arsenal and Chelsea both miss out on the Champions League, things will really open up for us. And as long as Dalglish is in charge, I would suggest they'll be buying brick English players.

i know what you mean, but my 'realistic'-dream top 4 would be:

Man U
Emirates Marketing Project
Us (not specifically 3rd, would love to win it!)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine

that would really shake it up with 2 or 3 of the traditional big 4 missing out depending on how you see it. can't see it though!

but yes, lack of CL money will hurt the gooners, but i wonder if Chelsea will just spend again? hopefully Roman will just get bored and pull the plug.

Fully agreed Wooks.

in other news, from the beeb

Villas-Boas was brought in at a reported cost of about ?ú25m, which included a ?ú12m three-year contract, ?ú5m compensation to his former club Porto, and severance pay for the man he replaced, Carlo Ancelotti.

If true that is amazing, let's be honest, even the most optimistic Chelsea fan would say he's doing pretty bad as it stands, but Abramovich will be tinkling away a fair bit of money if he gets rid.

and add to that 2 players bought last Jan; one who would have smashed our transfer record by ?ú8m-odd, and another who is more than THREE TIMES more expensive that the highest fee we've ever paid.

also, i'd guess at least 3 players on over ?ú100k a week by some distance...

I'm so fudging happy that we're above them with our comparatively poor resources, and old hack of a manager, tinkley little stadium... and they still couldn't prise our best player away.

long may it last.

WOW! That is one hell of an impressive article - the guy that compiles these must spend almost his whole life creating these articles

The one on Spurs makes very interesting reading as well

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/search/label/Tottenham Hotspur

You can certainly see why we would sell Bale or Modric for the right money - and why we sold Pav for ?ú8m or whatever it was - a very interesting read all round, thanks

So much info about Spurs in that article, but crucially it is all linked to the other big 6 teams so you can really see how Spurs compare in terms of sponsorship deals, match day revenue, TV money, player spend etc

[[[PS - Please can someone bring up these articles every time people on here start talking crap about Levy, or Financial Fair Play, or wages to turnover, or Cheat$ki's finances etc etc]]]

WOW! That is one hell of an impressive article - the guy that compiles these must spend almost his whole life creating these articles

The one on Spurs makes very interesting reading as well

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/search/label/Tottenham Hotspur

You can certainly see why we would sell Bale or Modric for the right money - and why we sold Pav for ?ú8m or whatever it was - a very interesting read all round, thanks

So much info about Spurs in that article, but crucially it is all linked to the other big 6 teams so you can really see how Spurs compare in terms of sponsorship deals, match day revenue, TV money, player spend etc

[[[PS - Please can someone bring up these articles every time people on here start talking crap about Levy, or Financial Fair Play, or wages to turnover, or Cheat$ki's finances etc etc]]]

Yeah, i find them quite enlightening on the subject, though looking at it again i realise chelsea's article is a year out of date now... but it's still one of the more thorough financial blogs out there.

Yeah, i find them quite enlightening on the subject, though looking at it again i realise chelsea's article is a year out of date now... but it's still one of the more thorough financial blogs out there.

"one of the more thorough" indeed - I wouldn't like to read a more thorough one!

I guess he'll do another Chelsea one when he has a spare month

It will be interesting to see if his prediction that Chelsea can wipe out their usual ?ú70m loss in one year, by the subtle methods he detailed in the Chelsea article.

It seems hardly plausible considering the amount of money they waste, but finance is a slippery buggery

"one of the more thorough" indeed - I wouldn't like to read a more thorough one!

I guess he'll do another Chelsea one when he has a spare month

It will be interesting to see if his prediction that Chelsea can wipe out their usual ?ú70m loss in one year, by the subtle methods he detailed in the Chelsea article.

It seems hardly plausible considering the amount of money they waste, but finance is a slippery buggery

He predicted that Emirates Marketing Project would be able to write off their deficit, although it involved a long run in the champions league... which never occurred, quite a shame that...

He predicted that Emirates Marketing Project would be able to write off their deficit, although it involved a long run in the champions league... which never occurred, quite a shame that...

Hmm, if City win the CL for the next 30 years straight they might start to break even :)

Surely sufficient 'progress in the right direction' for FIFA...

Exactly this.

They cut it from 70M to 67M....so in FIFA's eyes they are coming on leaps and bounds. No need for sanctions here, brilliantly run club.

Does FFP actually apply for clubs that did qualify for Europe? I mean if Chelsea finished outside the top 4 they would care about the FFP as the Europa League doesn't bother them I suppose. So, finishing forth or better would force them to play fair which could harm them as much as dropping out of the Champions League. Which makes me think, that it would be better if Chelsea takes forth rather than Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Woolwich.

Back