• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheese

The Czechs have a culinary tradition of fried cheese. Which is ****ing amazing. Probably isn't amazing for you but meh.

What do you mean by fried, as in fried chicken or fried egg.

When making a starter when having a dinner party quite partial to mozzarella chunks covered in light flour then dipped in egg, then rolled in panko crumbs then shallow fried. Serve with nice tomato based relish or qtr'ed bell peppers roasted and kept in an olive oil brine.

you should be able to get a nice family pack of value peppers for no more than 2 to 3 quid. Get a litre bottle of olive oil. Buy yourself a nice container that has a top like a grolsh beer bottle. Keep the toasted skinless peppers in the oil. Should get about 10 x 4 pieces = 40 pieces and last you a good month. Keep reusing the oil and top up when needed. With peppers or oil. For me it's one of the nicest accompanments to go with cheese. You can add other things to the oil.. Chilli flakes, Experiment.

Last edited:
What kind of cheeses?
Im guessing things similar to halloumi.

Brought a block of goats cheese the other day. Anyone got any recommendations for it? I got it to go in salad.
Hermelin, it is the Czech equivalent of Camembert but a little under ripe. They cover it in breadcrumbs and fry it.

Czech pickled cheese is the devil's own stuff though.

What do you mean by fried, as in fried chicken or fried egg.

When making a starter when having a dinner party quite partial to mozzarella chunks covered in light flour then dipped in egg, then rolled in panko crumbs then shallow fried. Serve with nice tomato based relish or qtr'ed bell peppers roasted and kept in an olive oil brine.

you should be able to get a nice family pack of value peppers for no more than 2 to 3 quid. Get a litre bottle of olive oil. Buy yourself a nice container that has a top like a grolsh beer bottle. Keep the toasted skinless peppers in the oil. Should get about 10 x 4 pieces = 40 pieces and last you a good month. Keep reusing the oil and top up when needed. With peppers or oil. For me it's one of the nicest accompanments to go with cheese. You can add other things to the oil.. Chilli flakes, Experiment.

More of like a fried breadcrumb type coating

It doesn't look aesthetically pleasing but it's quality

czechfriedcheese.jpg

Unfortunately never made it to Mcdonalds when I was other there Milo, did you try it? I had a 24 hour potraviny which had weird fast food section to it which did great fried cheese coupled with the pleasantly cold customer service which was terrific after a night out \o/

In Bogota they have a tradition of hot chocolate served with cheese, which you are meant to drop in to the mug, the intention being to warm it up enough to spread on a piece of bread once you have finished drinking.

Tastes as good as it sounds...

Sounds good to me. Really want to see South America, something about all the people I've met in Europa from that part of the world I just really like. Especially Brazilians.

Unfortunately never made it to Mcdonalds when I was other there Milo, did you try it? I had a 24 hour potraviny which had weird fast food section to it which did great fried cheese coupled with the pleasantly cold customer service which was terrific after a night out \o/

I didn't. I just stopped in one for a toilet break and a coffee on a long drive and was surprised to see it on the menu.

I've only ever had it when out drinking with friends there.

President are doing tubs of Brie and Camembert dip like and it is awesome.
Nice ball of mozzarella sliced with a firm sliced tomato drizzled with some olive oil or pesto on the side, gorgeous

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

President are doing tubs of Brie and Camembert dip like and it is awesome.
Nice ball of mozzarella sliced with a firm sliced tomato drizzled with some olive oil or pesto on the side, gorgeous

Sent from my Magellanic flightless steamer duck using Rufous gnateater

Add some fresh mint to that mozza..... Great flavour

no, it's not that, I have milk in tea and coffee ok

it's something about cheese specifically, my body rejects it

Same as I used to be. I'd eat just a couple of slices of pizza and my stomach would churn afterwards.

No idea when it changed but I'm sure as hell glad it did! I go to Nandos for extra extra hot sauce and halloumi. I always get a goats cheese starter of breaded deep fried Camembert. I ask for pizza cheese in my burger and in my kofta wrap. It's an addiction!

Back