• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheese

Try before you buy eh? Sounds too good to be true but I'll look into it!!

They have got some of the most amazing cheeses around. They've got a shop on Borough Market and another around the back of Covent Garden both are excellent and you can smell them from the other end of the street.

Cheese ..... luvverly grub.

Unwelcome extras/topping are a nause, especially when not detailed on the menu. Be it cheese or buggery/salad, people would be happier eating (and paying for) what they want.

PS - I raise you a Burwash Rose.

Wensleydale with blueberry is great

Been into more mature things recently like 1year+ Manchego and nicely aged Gouda

i can't go two days without cheese, and in the cheese or chocolate debate, its cheese every time

Try a Brie wheel, covered with cranberry sauce, parma ham and filo pastry, in the oven til the Brie melts and then enjoy !

Cheese is what is stopping me from a vegan diet. I'm not a fan of the smelly ones but I love haloumi. And also garlic infused Camembert with some fresh dipping baguette.

I can't imagine having nachos without dirty nacho cheese either.

Last edited:
Most cheese does not contain lactose, it is converted to lactic acid when being made.

IIRC (I was given a print-out at the hospital but have misplaced it) the hard / mature cheeses contain trace amounts of lactose (which explained why I could eat some vintage cheddar without ill effect) but unripened / soft cheeses like mozarella contain enough lactose to cause some problems (which mean that things like pizza are a rare treat due to the risk of gut-rot).

no, it's not that, I have milk in tea and coffee ok

it's something about cheese specifically, my body rejects it

Ah hairy muff, I have the opposite problem. Although thankfully not as severe as a mate who gets the the trots if he consumes even a tiny amount of milk.

it's not nice I know, both my kids have a full dairy allergy, any small amount gives them terrible painful wind and stops them sleeping that night

even the commn hard cheeses like cheddar are quite high up the milk ladder by the way

We buy a different cheese each week. Christmas is heaven for cheese eaters IMO. supermarkets bring out the special reserve. One of the best things we had over Christmas was this cheap as chips starter... baked Camembert with Chorizo

totally stopped buying the cheap 2 x 500g cheddar for a fiver. Even Cathedral City is of the list now.

bought a nice £3 200g Lancashire cheddar this week. I'll get three sittings out of that.

only really eat cheese with crackers. CARRS are by far the best.

cheese should be the champion IMO.

i'd far rather a nice ploughmans in a backward pub of the main road than any roast dinner in a pub.

The Czechs have a culinary tradition of fried cheese. Which is ****ing amazing. Probably isn't amazing for you but meh.

The Czechs have a culinary tradition of fried cheese. Which is ****ing amazing. Probably isn't amazing for you but meh.

What kind of cheeses?
Im guessing things similar to halloumi.

Brought a block of goats cheese the other day. Anyone got any recommendations for it? I got it to go in salad.

In Bogota they have a tradition of hot chocolate served with cheese, which you are meant to drop in to the mug, the intention being to warm it up enough to spread on a piece of bread once you have finished drinking.

Tastes as good as it sounds...

Back