• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Some members of the Chelsea squad have made it clear to the club's owners that they would prefer to see manager Mauricio Pochettino replaced at the end of the season. (HITC)

They need 8 homegrown players in the squad- do you have any clue where such a clear out would leave them?

Sterling, James and Palmer and Gallagher and Chilwell - I guess they will be alright?
They don't need 8 homegrown players, they just can't have more than 17 non homegrown players in the squad.

Dele Alli did not look entirely comfortable in the Sky studio on Monday night — awkward, as his team lost 6-0 — but on the Chelsea penalty debacle, he was dead right.

“In that last big game, when the pressure was on, I didn’t see them all fighting to take it then,” he said. “It’s all right when it’s 4-0 and you want to get on the scoresheet, but if you want to do that as a striker, don’t try in an unpressurised situation.”

He was talking about Chelsea’s match with Manchester United on April 4. The game in which they went from 2-0 up to 3-2 down before earning a penalty in stoppage time. Nicolas Jackson was on the field, Noni Madueke had just entered as a substitute, but there was no desperate desire to take responsibility then. He tried, he made his argument, he was quickly placated. There could have been consequences for missing that night. Most likely a humiliating defeat.

So Chelsea’s grand egos were only too happy for Cole Palmer to take the weight. And he scored, as he has done from the penalty spot nine times since volunteering against Burnley on October 7, making him the joint-leading penalty scorer in the major leagues of Europe. Jackson was on the pitch at Turf Moor, too, but this was another pressure penalty to go 2-1 up, with them having fallen behind in the 15th minute. Mauricio Pochettino, the Chelsea head coach, hadn’t appointed a penalty taker for the season at that time, so why Palmer and not Chelsea’s striker? Only he knows.

On a night when Chelsea scored six goals and finally looked capable of challenging for a place in Europe next season, the antics of two players revealed the fragility within. How dare they presume to take the duty away from a man who is yet to miss? Not in his nine for Chelsea this season, not in his four for Emirates Marketing Project in the Under-18 Premier League. There is no record of Jackson having taken a penalty in his career. Madueke has missed three of 11 — two for England age-group teams and one in Holland’s Under-17 league. Neither man brings the certainty of Palmer.

It's remarkable watching Poch turn Chelsea into Tottenham 2016-19.

Play good football, build from the back, get forward well, become a flat track bully who beats those below comfortably.

Then comes the big games, the big moment and the team just doesn't have what it needs to get over the line.

That's us under MoPo and now his current rabble. City were there for the taking yesterday and his forwards lost their bottle.

I'm delighted, by the way, I just wonder what in the Poch universe isn't right that makes this situation almost an inevitability.

It's remarkable watching Poch turn Chelsea into Tottenham 2016-19.

Play good football, build from the back, get forward well, become a flat track bully who beats those below comfortably.

Then comes the big games, the big moment and the team just doesn't have what it needs to get over the line.

That's us under MoPo and now his current rabble. City were there for the taking yesterday and his forwards lost their bottle.

I'm delighted, by the way, I just wonder what in the Poch universe isn't right that makes this situation almost an inevitability.
He's had less than a year in charge to be fair, making semi finals and finals in your first full season isn't a failure in my eyes.

If he's there for a few more seasons and it keeps happening, I get you. But the pressure and scrutiny on him is pretty absurd, given the rag tag squad he's had to cobble together.

The way they played yesterday was a worry for me, looks like they're figuring it out and if they give him time they'll cause all teams real problems next season.

He's had less than a year in charge to be fair, making semi finals and finals in your first full season isn't a failure in my eyes.

If he's there for a few more seasons and it keeps happening, I get you. But the pressure and scrutiny on him is pretty absurd, given the rag tag squad he's had to cobble together.

The way they played yesterday was a worry for me, looks like they're figuring it out and if they give him time they'll cause all teams real problems next season.
They are a striker away from being a very very good side. They will sign Kane and Omishen in the summer.

They are a striker away from being a very very good side. They will sign Kane and Omishen in the summer.
Agreed with the first point, don't think either of those two players go to Chelsea. Jackson could still come good, he's only 22 and has all the attributes to be a top player. I'm also surprised Broja hasn't really kicked on, but assume he's just been injured a lot?

Back