• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

"Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino says data shows his side 'should be fourth"

His English not being so great is longer an excuse, he's had plenty of time to work on it or admit defeat and go back to using a translator. It's just pure delusion. At the top level I guess you have to be a bit nuts but the quotes in the article are pushing it

If Poch meant that Chelsea should be fourth in the championship then that's reasonable enough. It's actually super sad seeing how his career has gone since leaving us but when you pick two of the grimiest clubs to work for and do badly at both, it speaks volumes.

They do have maatsen, chabolah, broja, hall (Saudi Sportswashing Machine have an obligation if he plays a certain amount of games of £28m + add ons), gallagher even reece james that could be sold. They need them done by june 30th though.

They'll probably be fine. Till next summer when they'll have to do it again. Unless they ship sterling and lukaku.

They need 8 homegrown players in the squad- do you have any clue where such a clear out would leave them?

Sterling, James and Palmer and Gallagher and Chilwell - I guess they will be alright?

They need 8 homegrown players in the squad- do you have any clue where such a clear out would leave them?

Sterling, James and Palmer and Gallagher and Chilwell - I guess they will be alright?

Madueke, colwill.

A few of their players are u21 aswell so would be on the b list.

"Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino says data shows his side 'should be fourth"

His English not being so great is longer an excuse, he's had plenty of time to work on it or admit defeat and go back to using a translator. It's just pure delusion. At the top level I guess you have to be a bit nuts but the quotes in the article are pushing it

If Poch meant that Chelsea should be fourth in the championship then that's reasonable enough. It's actually super sad seeing how his career has gone since leaving us but when you pick two of the grimiest clubs to work for and do badly at both, it speaks volumes.

They should be fourth based on expected goals, but that just means they would probably be fourth if their strikers were good enough.

With all the use of statistics in recruitment these days, perhaps the stats mean they recruit players suited to creating expected goals and overlook the need to take the chances.

They should be fourth based on expected goals, but that just means they would probably be fourth if their strikers were good enough.

With all the use of statistics in recruitment these days, perhaps the stats mean they recruit players suited to creating expected goals and overlook the need to take the chances.

I'm not all that familiar with the "How things would be if everything that was meant to happen, happened" league table. The trophy would hypothetically be amazing no doubt. They may be 4th in XG but are lower than 4th in a number of important metrics, points being the most pertinent one considering the way sports works in reality.

Admittedly I haven't researched how the XG is measured, so it'd be a tad bold to say it was meaningless but I've no idea how anyone can claim an objective measurement of eventualities. Seems more like XcuseG to me!

I'm not all that familiar with the "How things would be if everything that was meant to happen, happened" league table. The trophy would hypothetically be amazing no doubt. They may be 4th in XG but are lower than 4th in a number of important metrics, points being the most pertinent one considering the way sports works in reality.

Admittedly I haven't researched how the XG is measured, so it'd be a tad bold to say it was meaningless but I've no idea how anyone can claim an objective measurement of eventualities. Seems more like XcuseG to me!

XG is a funny one, if you miss an open goal then that statistic rises massively, but what it does not take into account is the nature of the game after. You score that, they kick off and the nature of the game that came thereafter changes from what actually happens so who is to say what the outcome would be. Also just because you miss one open goal does not mean you deserved much more out the game IMO.

Yes there will be games, many games where the XG is a sign of dominance and decent chances but ultimately if you don't take them you don't take them. Being able to take your chances is the vital part of the game, if you don't then it falls apart for you, XG or no XG

You can't say a team should be higher in the table based on xG! They should have scored more, yes, but that xG might have come in games they won anyway, so wouldn't make a difference in terms of points.

I agree you shouldn't do a table on expected goals, as you need to take the chances, which better strikers do.

In January, Son Heung-min had 12 goals from a 7.12xG, being +4.88, while Calvert-Lewin had 3 goals from a 6.92xG, being -3.92. Chelsea have two of the top four underperformers, which goes some way to explain why Chelsea are not 4th.

Over-performers:

PlayerClubGoalsxGxG swing
Son Heung-minSpurs127.12+4.88
Mohammed KudusWest Ham61.89+4.11
Hwang Hee-chanWolves105.96+4.04
Jarrod BowenWest Ham117.36+3.64
Bernardo SilvaEmirates Marketing Project51.73+3.27
Leon BaileyAston Villa62.94+3.06
Mathias JensenBrentford30.48+2.52
Dejan KulusevskiSpurs52.49+2.51
Wilson OdobertBurnley30.57+2.43
Evan FergusonBrighton63.65+2.35

Under-performers:

PlayerClubGoalsxGxG swing
Dominic Calvert-LewinEverton36.92-3.92
Darwin NunezLiverpool58.66-3.66
Nicolas JacksonChelsea710.59-3.59
Enzo FernandezChelsea24.77-2.77
Yoane WissaBrentford46.45-2.45
Rasmus HojlundMan Utd13.10-2.10
Brennan JohnsonSpurs13.06-2.06
Jefferson LermaCrystal Palace02.06-2.06
Pedro PorroSpurs02.02-2.02
Marcus RashfordMan Utd35.00-2.00

That xg stat is massively slanted by penalties. You could barely deserve a pen yet when it’s given the xg is like 0.8 or something. Think they’ve had a few if memory serves?

"Lies, damned lies and statistics"

Chelsea showed insufficient fight to dominate opponents who have been in a relegation fight all season, and Pochettino made no attempt to suggest otherwise.

“It is more here and more here than in your legs,” he said, pointing to first his heart and then his head. “It is more about to be strong like a group, like a team.

“We did not show the capacity, the hunger - not the minimum to compete in the Premier League. That is why I am so upset and disappointed.

“The team showed energy, yes. But when we don’t have the ball we don’t show the same energy. It is difficult to accept not winning a must-win game.”

Criticising the players in such a way is usually the beginning of the end.

Criticising the players in such a way is usually the beginning of the end.

He's under tremendous pressure and stuck between trying to get supporters onside and letting the world know his players are under performing. They do miss a lot of chances (soon to be rectified in our game) and confidence is low, which I've found is a problem with big egos. Poch is an easy target for the critics and it's easy for his players to hide behind him and not accept responsibility.

Back