• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Can't see the conflict here myself. Did anyone not want Arsenal to fail when Campbell went there? Would anyone think different about West Ham had Kane joined them?

After seeing there are more managers capable of fielding an entertaining team, I'm not even sure I'd want him back. Why did everything fall apart a month before the highlight in Spurs' history? Why did pivotal players want to leave after we had finally shown we could dish it out with the very best? How can you build a team so utterly dependant on one single player (yeah yeah, three windows and so on)?

I'm grateful for him providing the most entertaining Spurs team I've ever seen, but that is history now. Lots of foul water under the bridge since then. Especially when joining one of our fiercest rivals, even though it's just a job. I would welcome him back if and when the Ange era ends - and he is the best available option - but up until that moment he's like the proverbial ex-girlfriend. Wishing best of luck but honestly not giving a sh*t.

Last edited:
Yes indeed: the prevailing view is that the pyramids were NOT built by Slave labour; rather by skilled artisans that were highly esteemed in Egyptian society. There is much evidence to support this. Where or not the Pyramids, Colosseum or Stonehenge were built by slaves, I think that all decent people can agree that Jedward is (or should it be ‘are’?) fundamentally wrong.
Don't modern historians and archeologists think pyramids built by paid labour? And nobody knows which labour built Stonehenge. Even if these marvellous structures were built by paid labour they probably didn't have a lot of choice in the matter.
ed

Yes indeed: the prevailing view is that the pyramids were NOT built by Slave labour; rather by skilled artisans that were highly esteemed in Egyptian society. There is much evidence to support this. Where or not the Pyramids, Colosseum or Stonehenge were built by slaves, I think that all decent people can agree that Jedward is (or should it be ‘are’?) fundamentally wrong.

ed

We know the egyptians owned slaves. You think they did no work on the pyramids? Just sat back and relaxed while the skilled artisans did the heavy lifting?

We know the egyptians owned slaves. You think they did no work on the pyramids? Just sat back and relaxed while the skilled artisans did the heavy lifting?
I am not an expert on ancient history but there are plenty of documentaries out there putting forth the modern (evidence-based) views on how the pyramids were built. I don’t suppose that anyone will ever really know how much - if any - work was done by slaves. But what seems very likely is that the prevailing view that they were ‘built by slaves’ is simplistic, unrealistic and quite simply wrong. Check out some of the tv programmes: they’re fascinating!

I am not an expert on ancient history but there are plenty of documentaries out there putting forth the modern (evidence-based) views on how the pyramids were built. I don’t suppose that anyone will ever really know how much - if any - work was done by slaves. But what seems very likely is that the prevailing view that they were ‘built by slaves’ is simplistic, unrealistic and quite simply wrong. Check out some of the tv programmes: they’re fascinating!

The beauty with history though is that many moments in the past have transcended logic. The Greeks and the Romans for example were way way way before their time. For me the fact that humans have, over the course of time, consistently evolved and pushed the boundaries of possibility probably lends itself to a fairly logical solution thats only discounted because of the time elapsed since. Humans have pushed themselves and others to extremes...I suspect this was the case here too

Can't see the conflict here myself. Did anyone not want Arsenal to fail when Campbell went there? Would anyone think different about West Ham had Kane joined them?

After seeing there are more managers capable of fielding an entertaining team, I'm not even sure I'd want him back. Why did everything fall apart a month before the highlight in Spurs' history? Why did pivotal players want to leave after we had finally shown we could dish it out with the very best? How can you build a team so utterly dependant on one single player (yeah yeah, three windows and so on)?

I'm grateful for him providing the most entertaining Spurs team I've ever seen, but that is history now. Lots of foul water under the bridge since then. Especially when joining one of our fiercest rivals, even though it's just a job. I would welcome him back if and when the Ange era ends - and he is the best available option - but up until that moment he's like the proverbial ex-girlfriend. Wishing best of luck but honestly not giving a sh*t.

? wtf?

I simply don't understand how people don't see Poch isn't a great coach, and his tactics are even more questionable 3-5 years on.

Right man, right place, right time (and I will remember those days fondly for the most part) but the club got it absolutely right not bringing him back and he (and absolutely his right to do so) made a choice that burned his bridges with Spurs fans.

Yeah. Boo his ass off when he first emerges at the new WHL. No cuddling, no encouragement. Just fcukin' rip him a new one for 90+ mins.

After that, and three points for Spurs, cuddle away.

Yeah. Boo his ass off when he first emerges at the new WHL. No cuddling, no encouragement. Just fcukin' rip him a new one for 90+ mins.

After that, and three points for Spurs, cuddle away.
100% and everybody in the ground can buy me a drink as it's my 50th that weekend haha

Other than Son, there were no other players in our starting line up against Burnley who played under Poch when he was here. There was only 4 in total, Skipp, Sanchez and Davies all on the bench.

Back