• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

This would be amusing

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte, whose side are close to winning the Premier League title, is wanted to replace Luis Enrique as Barcelona boss

I think Conte has done an excellent job. I felt the one hope we had of catching them was the issue with Costa that could have demoralised the team the way the doctor incident ruined their season under Mourinho. But Conte handled it superbly and it became a non-incident. He has them playing as a team and the likes of Hazard putting in consistent efforts.

So, yes, definitely amusing.

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte thinks it is difficult for English clubs to succeed in Europe because of the strength of the Premier League.

The Italian is aiming to win the league and FA Cup double in his first season.

Unlike some of their rivals, Chelsea have not been involved in Europe.

Conte said: "This league is very difficult. Every single game you must fight a lot and, I think, also for this reason it's not easy to arrive at the end of a European competition."

Conte is seeking to emulate compatriot Carlo Ancelotti by winning the double with the Blues in his first season in charge.

Ancelotti is one of three Italian managers to win the Premier League (2009-10) in recent seasons, alongside Roberto Mancini at Emirates Marketing Project (2011-12) and Claudio Ranieri at Leicester (2015-16).

"I looked at the past and saw many Italian managers won the title in England," added Conte.

"Last season I supported a lot Claudio Ranieri to win the title. In Italy we celebrated this win in a great way. I think Claudio deserved this for his career."

He's got to go. I'm beginning to like him and that is just not right.

I think Conte has done an excellent job. I felt the one hope we had of catching them was the issue with Costa that could have demoralised the team the way the doctor incident ruined their season under Mourinho. But Conte handled it superbly and it became a non-incident. He has them playing as a team and the likes of Hazard putting in consistent efforts.

So, yes, definitely amusing.
Most Chelsea managers in the post Abramovich era have won trophies of some sort. Heck even Di Matteo won the Champions league and cup double. It's great when you have unlimited resources at your disposal. Conte hasn't had to contend with midweek European games or injuries and yet was only 4 points ahead of us going into May. I will reserve judgement on him for next season and give him credit if he can retain the PL like Mourinho did during his first stint.

He's got to go. I'm beginning to like him and that is just not right.
Cannot see why? His celebrations are damn annoying as if he has been true blue all his life. The only Chelsea manager I have liked in recent years is Carlo Ancelotti. Came across as a true Gent.

Cannot see why? His celebrations are damn annoying as if he has been true blue all his life. The only Chelsea manager I have liked in recent years is Carlo Ancelotti. Came across as a true Gent.
I'd like to dislike him more (hair, celebrations), but he does seem annoyingly reasonable at times, especially compared to his predecessor. Chelsea should always be managed by a massive clam.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...am-mauricio-pochettino-spurs-advantage-ititle

Antonio C unte living up to his name and trying to get MORE credit for possibly winning this year. What a classless git. And why he fits in perfectly well th those Blue Scum.
Did I imagine that they were Champions the season before last? Of course Poch didn't have the advantage of out bidding every one for the services of Kante. It's like I said before Chelsea are trying to disguise the fact that they are lottery winners.

Did I imagine that they were Champions the season before last? Of course Poch didn't have the advantage of out bidding every one for the services of Kante. It's like I said before Chelsea are trying to disguise the fact that they are lottery winners.
And does Poch have 11 premier league title winners in his squad? And has he won multiple titles in another European league? And have we won several titles in the past 10 years? And have we had 2-3 players choose us over th because of money?

Another title for the article is 'Antonio C unte Classleslt Begs for More Respect for Winning the League'.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...am-mauricio-pochettino-spurs-advantage-ititle

Antonio C unte living up to his name and trying to get MORE credit for possibly winning this year. What a classless git. And why he fits in perfectly well th those Blue Scum.

I just came to post that, which makes me feel much better. The cvntishness is just in the fabric of the place, the ghost of John Terry.

I'll still give him some credit for getting his collection of cvnts playing together, but he has now set himself up for next season. In his second season he should be building on the achievements of the first.

I just came to post that, which makes me feel much better. The cvntishness is just in the fabric of the place, the ghost of John Terry.

I'll still give him some credit for getting his collection of cvnts playing together, but he has now set himself up for next season. In his second season he should be building on the achievements of the first.
Unless he is at Barca :)

fudging scumbag clams. The worst thing is that we have to hope they win the double. So we can smash them in the Community shield, and get a trophy.
Makes it easier when Arsenal are the opposition [emoji16]. Although, out of the two at least Arsenal are a proper football club.

I would go further than the previous posters, anything Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea "achieve" post - takeover is utterly worthless, and there's no going back now- the balance has been totally, and permanently been altered in their favour. If you have infinite resources you should win all 4 trophies every season as a minimum. I would rather earn second than buy first. People might think this is bull but I don't ever want us going down that route. It's like resetting Championship Manager each time you lose- yes you can do it, but what's the point?

Sent from my E5823 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Makes it easier when Arsenal are the opposition [emoji16]. Although, out of the two at least Arsenal are a proper football club.

I would go further than the previous posters, anything Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea "achieve" post - takeover is utterly worthless, and there's no going back now- the balance has been totally, and permanently been altered in their favour. If you have infinite resources you should win all 4 trophies every season as a minimum. I would rather earn second than buy first. People might think this is bull but I don't ever want us going down that route. It's like resetting Championship Manager each time you lose- yes you can do it, but what's the point?

I agree with this 100% and have been saying as much for years i add manure into that an their mountain of debt that they used to buy players and run the club.
Call me paronoid but i think they only bought Batsuyi so that no one else would have him.Maybe if we had got him rather than Janssen we might have turned some of those early draws into wins.

The thing is, they know that football fans of this generation will see them as doped-up and their successes as correspondingly hollow. They don't care about that.

They're wagering on your kids and grandkids forgetting the circumstances of their trophy wins and just remembering that they did in fact win those titles, cups and accolades. Which, lets face it, will likely be the case, because that's how legitimization works. Which is correspondingly one of the reasons why I'm not as opposed to investment as some of you folks are (the others have to do with the lack of fan ownership making any attempt to build naturally somewhat ephemeral - but that's another discussion entirely). For me, winning things with 1,000,000,000 pounds spent won't really be as gratifying as winning things with a team built within our means...but my future kids and grandkids won't remember that. They'll only remember that we won titles and cups on a succession of glorious, sunny afternoons, made perfect by the passage of time and the onset of nostalgia in what will by then be an older chap thinking more fondly of those days. ;)

The thing is, they know that football fans of this generation will see them as doped-up and their successes as correspondingly hollow. They don't care about that.

They're wagering on your kids and grandkids forgetting the circumstances of their trophy wins and just remembering that they did in fact win those titles, cups and accolades. Which, lets face it, will likely be the case, because that's how legitimization works. Which is correspondingly one of the reasons why I'm not as opposed to investment as some of you folks are (the others have to do with the lack of fan ownership making any attempt to build naturally somewhat ephemeral - but that's another discussion entirely). For me, winning things with 1,000,000,000 pounds spent won't really be as gratifying as winning things with a team built within our means...but my future kids and grandkids won't remember that. They'll only remember that we won titles and cups on a succession of glorious, sunny afternoons, made perfect by the passage of time and the onset of nostalgia in what will by then be an older chap thinking more fondly of those days. ;)
They will if you teach them.

They will if you teach them.

Very true. But why would I?

I want them to fall in love with Tottenham Hotspur - with grand tales of romance and passion, pride and glory, defeats and setbacks culminating in heroic victories against all odds under the floodlights of a grand old Lane/unearthly new stadium that rocked to its very foundations as tens of thousands of Spurs fans roared their team home...with voices so thunderous they reached the very roof of heaven.

I want them to look on it all with the innocence of childhood, and fall helplessly in love. The same way I did. The same way you did. ;)

To then go on and tell them about *how* we won those trophies and secured those magical moments....no, there's no need for that. They can find out about it when they're older and wiser, and the undimmed enthusiasm of childhood has hopefully given way to a bit more self-reflection - and then they can make up their own minds about how they feel about us buying a title, the same way I did. But the magic, the emotions, the passion that comes with supporting us that is unique to us and us alone, and always will be..that gets to them first, when they're still young enough to really feel it in their bones, full and undimmed by cynicism. Telling them we bought it and thus it's meant to feel a bit hollow defeats that purpose.

And I don't need that. Especially when the sodding odds are that they'll go to school and end up supporting United or Chelsea or (GHod have mercy) *rse anyway, because that's what their friends are doing. Nearly happened to me, so I speak from experience here. :p

Good post, years ago when the haters among Spurs supporters wanted to see the back of Levy and get taken over by a bored billionaire i said if that was ever to happen my love affair with this great club would end. It means nothing if you look at Chelski and City and what they have BOUGHT over the last few years.

Good post, years ago when the haters among Spurs supporters wanted to see the back of Levy and get taken over by a bored billionaire i said if that was ever to happen my love affair with this great club would end. It means nothing if you look at Chelski and City and what they have BOUGHT over the last few years.

I totally agree, but our values are only held by the minority, young kids now want instant gratification and very few have the patience to stick with a club not being hailed by the media. My youngest grandson has just taken to football this season and doesn't know how lucky he is to seeing us play the way we do, his friends and school mates all like the usual Sky 4 and I doubt that neither them or their parents have ever seen them at a match.

I think, as a fan, you're better off with a sugar daddy subsidising the club. Look at Emirates Marketing Project, they have gate-crashed the party and stuck it up Man Utd a good few times, watching some top class players and paying sod all for match-tickets.

Ideally, all the stupid money would get sucked out of football but until then, "doing it the right way" is over-rated and fleeces match-going fans more imo (compare Arsenal to Emirates Marketing Project for success, fan happiness with owners and ticket prices).

If Abramovich would have bought us way back then, we'd have won the double a couple of times in my life-time and a champions league instead of those qunts at Chelsea. Being a well run club doesn't compensate imo, ultimately it's about what happens on the pitch.

Back