• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

cHARLIE aUSTIN

Good player, scores goals, would be a good no brainer signing for certain teams, with appropriate requirements and priorities.

If we sign him and invest circa £15m, after 3 games everyone will be moaning that he's too similar to Kane, and we have no options off the bench to change a game, as result. We need a different option up front. If we didn't have Kane, I'd bite yer hand off at £15m of todays money.

Good player, scores goals, would be a good no brainer signing for certain teams, with appropriate requirements and priorities.

If we sign him and invest circa £15m, after 3 games everyone will be moaning that he's too similar to Kane, and we have no options off the bench to change a game, as result. We need a different option up front. If we didn't have Kane, I'd bite yer hand off at £15m of todays money.

I'd like a similar choice to Kane - we'll have N'jie as a different option should we want to change approach. Having a Kane mkII would allow us to replace him (either in the XI or as a sub) without having to mess with the rest of the team/tactics

and make us more predictable without variety in play. Also have you seen Njie as a front man? if so what is he like?

I'd like a similar choice to Kane - we'll have N'jie as a different option should we want to change approach. Having a Kane mkII would allow us to replace him (either in the XI or as a sub) without having to mess with the rest of the team/tactics

what if those tactics aren't working? (which seems to be the case most often!)

I'd have Austin as you say for Kane backup - but only after we'd fixed the more urgent issues and provided more variety in the squad. But whether we'd have £15m left for Austin after all that, is doubtful I'd say.

This is why we're after Berahino as a priority, when we could have CA for less £ - we need pace desperately.

I want to be able to rest/rotate Kane without the need to change how we're set up - obviously we want to be able to mix things up as well which a speedy CF like N'jie would allow us to do, hopefully.

IF we are going for him he will the last one in. Useful to play in cups and EL instead of Harry, but keep a similar shape and style. Continuity should one of the rotation players have to step up they know the system.

I think we should offer QPR £10 million and Adebayor on loan for the season with us picking up his full wages. It would mean we're effectively paying £15 million for Austin, but as it looks as though we'll be stuck with Ade at the moment we might as well try to make it work for us somehow. Ade might be open to staying in London and playing for Ramsey and if he was giving even 80% for them I'm sure he could fire them to promotion.

I think we should offer QPR £10 million and Adebayor on loan for the season with us picking up his full wages. It would mean we're effectively paying £15 million for Austin, but as it looks as though we'll be stuck with Ade at the moment we might as well try to make it work for us somehow. Ade might be open to staying in London and playing for Ramsey and if he was giving even 80% for them I'm sure he could fire them to promotion.

As has been said above, I'd take him in a heartbeat as he has scored goals. Having said that, I'm not sure the deal you suggest would work only on account of Ade himself. He's proved a nuisance already and I doubt would move to a club not in the top division. A great idea though!

– WEST HAM CO-OWNER DAVID SULLIVAN

Firstly, we haven't got £15m to spend under the Fair Play rules. Secondly, he failed a medical at Hull a couple of years ago. They say he has no ligaments in his knee, who knows? To sign a player for £15m is a big risk.

He could go on for years, but knowing our luck his knee will go in his first game and that's the end of it!

If we had £100m to spend we may say 'we'll spend £15m and gamble one-sixth of our budget'. But it's not one-sixth of our budget, it'd smash our budget to bits.

And he didn't keep Queens Park Rangers up. If he'd kept them up single-handedly you might say it was different - and a few of those goals were penalties.

16 goals is still very good, but when we played Queens Park Rangers last year they had to win to stand any chance of staying up and he wasn't very good.

the thing about the knee, and a suspect shoulder, explains why no-one has signed him

Firstly, we haven't got £15m to spend under the Fair Play rules. Secondly, he failed a medical at Hull a couple of years ago. They say he has no ligaments in his knee, who knows? To sign a player for £15m is a big risk.

He could go on for years, but knowing our luck his knee will go in his first game and that's the end of it!

If we had £100m to spend we may say 'we'll spend £15m and gamble one-sixth of our budget'. But it's not one-sixth of our budget, it'd smash our budget to bits.

And he didn't keep Queens Park Rangers up. If he'd kept them up single-handedly you might say it was different - and a few of those goals were penalties.

16 goals is still very good, but when we played Queens Park Rangers last year they had to win to stand any chance of staying up and he wasn't very good.

the thing about the knee, and a suspect shoulder, explains why no-one has signed him

Sullivan showing his knowledge of the human anatomy! If he had no ligaments he wouldn't be able to move! But point taken, if he has already failed a medical, the number of clubs willing to risk that will be small even on a pay as you play basis.

I think you put £10m on the table .. and wait for them to call on last day .. which is probably what we have done.

They need the money, he wants to move, if no one else offers ... worth a punt for the depth

I think it's pretty disgraceful for an owner of one club to be talking about another club's player like Sullivan does there. Especially talking about a player based on second hand evidence.

I think it's pretty disgraceful for an owner of one club to be talking about another club's player like Sullivan does there. Especially talking about a player based on second hand evidence.

of course it is, but just gives an answer as to why no-one wants to buy Austin despite his good season

think, will Levy risk even 10 mill on Austin what with the knee and shoulder problems...no way

of course it is, but just gives an answer as to why no-one wants to buy Austin despite his good season

think, will Levy risk even 10 mill on Austin what with the knee and shoulder problems...no way
I would rather we did our own medical and made up our own minds if he was a player that we actually wanted.

Firstly if I were QPR I would not touch him with a barge poll and secondly no way would Ade play in the championship

I think you put £10m on the table .. and wait for them to call on last day .. which is probably what we have done.

They need the money, he wants to move, if no one else offers ... worth a punt for the depth

But they do not have to sell. If no one offers £15m they can keep him and he will have to play in the championship

Back