• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

I'd be disappointed to find out our highly coached and mentally prepared employees are affected by the crowd in anyway, if they are not soulless automatons calculating and executing based solely on mind programming our training staff are not doing their jobs properly.

I'd be disappointed to find out our highly coached and mentally prepared employees are affected by the crowd in anyway, if they are not soulless automatons calculating and executing based solely on mind programming our training staff are not doing their jobs properly.
You forgot "highly paid". Got to tick all those boxes.

As much as I don't want Liverpool to make the champions league next year, seeing Chelsea in the Europa league would be lovely, especially as I think there's a good chance Hazard will leave, hopefully to Real Madrid then we can sign Bale and Modric.
If Chelski don't make it, it would make us so much more of an attractive club to players, what with us being the only London club with CL football.

I’ve seen a few comments to the effect that we scraped over the CL line.
I think that’s a bit harsh.
I watched the highlights when I got in last night and it was pointed out that since beating Woolwich in February we have been in the top 4. That’s 3 months, which is no mean feat.
Yes, our recent results/performances put us under unwanted pressure, the last few games have been painful to watch, and the 3 points won at Stamford Bridge proved hugely important. But we’ve held our place, secured CL with a game to spare, and finishing 3rd is still in our gift. That’s a bit more than scraping. That’s something to be proud of.

That is one view, if however you look at the performances rather than just results we did scrape in based on the last 5 weeks. If you can sit there and say that we didn't then you must have watched something very,very different since April 1st and I would imagine that most people would accept that to be the case regardless of points total in that period or time in the top 4.

The end result whether 3rd or 4th is a wonderful achievement, who would actually dispute that? All anyone is saying is that despite how wonderful that is, we very nearly got to a point of throwing it away which should not happen from the position we put ourselves in by beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. We have scraped it because when put under pressure by Chelsea's results we have either lost or we have performed poorly and been fortunate to secure the points we have or we have lost before Chelsea have played giving them that incentive.........We still don't react well when asked a question and that is why we have just stumbled over the line in the end. That is something that needs to change and quickly or we will experience more and more disappointment and let down in the biggest games. That all being said, it doesn't detract from the fact we have gained a position in the top 4 despite our obvious handicap of no home ground and that should be applauded.

But it still comes down to £££ and after selling hazard they will have plenty to spend
Agreed - Arse and Chelsea could still easily compete with us for players. As for Hazard he came out the other day and said he's happy to stay at Chelsea regardless of CL or not....

That is one view, if however you look at the performances rather than just results we did scrape in based on the last 5 weeks. If you can sit there and say that we didn't then you must have watched something very,very different since April 1st and I would imagine that most people would accept that to be the case regardless of points total in that period or time in the top 4.

The end result whether 3rd or 4th is a wonderful achievement, who would actually dispute that? All anyone is saying is that despite how wonderful that is, we very nearly got to a point of throwing it away which should not happen from the position we put ourselves in by beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. We have scraped it because when put under pressure by Chelsea's results we have either lost or we have performed poorly and been fortunate to secure the points we have or we have lost before Chelsea have played giving them that incentive.........We still don't react well when asked a question and that is why we have just stumbled over the line in the end. That is something that needs to change and quickly or we will experience more and more disappointment and let down in the biggest games. That all being said, it doesn't detract from the fact we have gained a position in the top 4 despite our obvious handicap of no home ground and that should be applauded.

I don't really see our poor form since the Chelsea win as anything to do with this supposed pressure they were putting us under, i think the cup semi result knocked us back a bit and it was just a case of being in a bit of a slump at the end of a long season - outside of spurs forums and a few twitchy supporters i don't even think there was much made of the situation at all.

Agreed - Arse and Chelsea could still easily compete with us for players. As for Hazard he came out the other day and said he's happy to stay at Chelsea regardless of CL or not....
Yeah
He has a great track record of satingbthinag and changing his mind
He will be off in sure
He would be an idiot to stay

I personally think it's a bit disingenuous to say we have stumbled over the line, especially If we end up with 3rd. I don't see anyone saying Chelsea have bottled it or Liverpool are currently stumbling in the league. To me the 'stumbling' mantra as an extension of the 'bottler' tag, which as a Spurs fan I find quite insulting to the club. It's bad enough having to listen to it come from the media and opposing fans. Even worse when it's coming from fellow Spurs supporters.

We have just hit a poor run of form after THAT Juve game (which I thought we played really well in, largely) and THAT semi, which I reckon kicked the stuffing out of us. It's just another lesson for the club and players to learn from and come back stronger next term, afaic. We also shouldn't lose sight of how young and generally inexperienced the core of our club is, both players and coaches. As long as they are learning I'm happy.

I personally think it's a bit disingenuous to say we have stumbled over the line, especially If we end up with 3rd. I don't see anyone saying Chelsea have bottled it or Liverpool are currently stumbling in the league. To me the 'stumbling' mantra as an extension of the 'bottler' tag, which as a Spurs fan I find quite insulting to the club. It's bad enough having to listen to it come from the media and opposing fans. Even worse when it's coming from fellow Spurs supporters.

We have just hit a poor run of form after THAT Juve game (which I thought we played really well in, largely) and THAT semi, which I reckon kicked the stuffing out of us. It's just another lesson for the club and players to learn from and come back stronger next term, afaic. We also shouldn't lose sight of how young and generally inexperienced the core of our club is, both players and coaches. As long as they are learning I'm happy.

Could not agree more its rubbish to say we stumbled over the line, we have been up their for a while and one or two poor performances is no more then most teams have had.

Back