• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

05a_22_chelseamos_415x275.jpg

1185482_740246602682225_82850314_n.jpg

Why bother posting something which such certainty when you haven't got a clue whether its right or not?!?

That is what he does though, you shouldn't be surprised by it. Just always treat everything he says with the cynicism it deserves and until it can be proven, consider it incorrect and false information

Given we started the season slowly and ended it miserably, is it fair to say that IF we can maintain some consistency throughout next season at our new home - we could do something special?

I believe the fact the new ground will have 'atmosphere' which in many games will lift us an extra bit when we need it and we can develop our quick passing in tight spaces game. Opposition teams will hate playing us there.

We will have to see about that, I am worried some of our vocal fans are being priced out. Though I am not a big one for chants I do appreciate how much they help the atmosphere.

So if that's three years in a row of CL qualification does that mean next season is our fourth year of competing in it? The Crouch goal against City was the first I think.

CL money difference you mean

It’s goes 40/30/20/10 IIRC to the 1-4 from our league
Hence why Leicester earned more than Madrid last season In it I think
Correct the champions league TV pool money is split 40/30/20/10 based on the qualification position, last season the TV pool was worry circa £150million, so the difference between 3rd and 4th was £15m. Add in the £2m from premier league prize money and the difference between 3rd and 4th is more like £17m!

I’ve seen a few comments to the effect that we scraped over the CL line.
I think that’s a bit harsh.
I watched the highlights when I got in last night and it was pointed out that since beating Woolwich in February we have been in the top 4. That’s 3 months, which is no mean feat.
Yes, our recent results/performances put us under unwanted pressure, the last few games have been painful to watch, and the 3 points won at Stamford Bridge proved hugely important. But we’ve held our place, secured CL with a game to spare, and finishing 3rd is still in our gift. That’s a bit more than scraping. That’s something to be proud of.

Assuming (i) domestic leagues finish in their current positions (ii) Real Madrid win CL, Atletico Madrid win EL (iii) highest ranking teams win CL qualifying rounds

View attachment 4469
If Liverpool win CL then they would move to Pot 1, Real Madrid would move to Pot 2 and, without any other changes, Tottenham would move to Pot 3.

I'm repeating what I read of another thread, but I think its from UEFA rather than the EPL or something
One or two very keen to jump on GB here, let's cut the guy some slack, from what other posters have said he was under-estimating the worth of league position in terms of UEFA dosh.

Well the thread title must keep changing until we bottle it.

If we do grab second the title should be changed to the The Fight for the League Title.

As much as I don't want Liverpool to make the champions league next year, seeing Chelsea in the Europa league would be lovely, especially as I think there's a good chance Hazard will leave, hopefully to Real Madrid then we can sign Bale and Modric.

What last night and the last week has taught me (even though I am still learning) is that negativity does not prosper. As much as you think something will happen, it most likely wont. We as spurs fans need to get this out of our system and not become a fan that demands success. From the game last night there was so much moaning and I think the Spurs players must have just thought "thank fcuk we have secured 4th at least" as they probably see, hear and read a lot of our negativity.

It is a bit rich coming from me but we all need to try and help each other cut out the negativity. Rather than shout at us spurs fans a nice cheeky and sarcastic message to say "come on mate, stop this" is helpful I think.

I am surrounded by some negative spurs fans and I know I am one myself, but I am going to try harder each time I am negative to come back that little bit positive each time so that I can become and be known and remembered as a positive spurs fan.

Love this club too, even though sometimes it seems that I do not.

COYS!

Back