• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

I’ve been there on a European night and many spurs games too

It’s massively over rated and on par with old Trafford for never living up to the hype

Liverpool might have better attackers than Juve (hard to quantify) but Juve have a mile better midfield and defence

Atmosphere aside it’s still not an easy fixture.

Good day today.

Avoiding defeat at Chelsea and that could be the deciding factor now. Also looking good for the title to be decided before City come to Wembley, although we may have to give them a guard of honour, could live with that though

Good win today for Emirates Marketing Project. For us. A busy week and they pleased us by beating Arsenal twice and Chelsea once to give us a five-point edge for fourth.

Excuses galore for that pedestrian away effort - 'Chelsea in energy-saving mode for CL midweek'. I'm sure they'll have the energy cranked when we visit them.

It's close and we've played the whole season away from home. How many of their midfielders or defenders would you take over ours? BTW I do not agree that their attack is better than ours, it is far better at one thing and when that works it is very effective but I think it lacks variation.
Just because they lack variation it doesn't mean that it's not effective. I wish we were as effective as they are and hopefully Moura might be the missing link to that.

Their tactics work

Agree their defence isn’t as bad as people make out

Would now say their centre midfield is their issue especially with the age of Milner and Henderson and Can leaving
But Can is still around until the end of the season. And if we're looking to next season, they have Keita coming in, who is supposed to be a beast in midfield. Again, as @harr1984 says, we are looking for every reason to put them down, but the fact of the matter is that they are a very strong team and one that would have been in the hunt were it not for City's outlandish season.

Top 4 is now in our hands. It is up to us. Tough games are Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project. I have an eye on the Liverpool vs. Chelsea game as well.

Well, since you seem to be basing your argument on stats, how about our 4-1 win at Wembley and 2-2 draw at their fortress Anfield? Does that not at least statistically suggest we have the upper hand over them?
Well, the xG table says we're about even. And I think that's a fair reflection of things. They outplayed us in both games last year, but we were clearly the better team. This year we might have outplayed them, but I think we're about even.

xG table also shows how brick Yanited are. Waiting for their collapse in 3, 2, 1... (Palace would be a good start)

upload_2018-3-4_14-41-50.png

Just because they lack variation it doesn't mean that it's not effective. I wish we were as effective as they are and hopefully Moura might be the missing link to that.

I didn't say that they weren't effective. I do think that there is a greater risk of being found/cancelled out if you are a one track side though. I think that we are every bit as effective on our day. I wouldn't swap Kane or Eriksen for any of their forwards.

Top 4 is now in our hands. It is up to us. Tough games are Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project. I have an eye on the Liverpool vs. Chelsea game as well.
:)
latest

They are a strong, fun side for sure, but they have has an easier path through the season (particularly in CL) and we took 4 points off them this season. Fine margins for sure, but I don’t see a player in their side who I would want in ours. Two good teams. I expect both in the CL again next season.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I didn't say that they weren't effective. I do think that there is a greater risk of being found/cancelled out if you are a one track side though. I think that we are every bit as effective on our day. I wouldn't swap Kane or Eriksen for any of their forwards.
I wouldn't swap Kane or Eriksen either (although I wouldn't mind Salad in place of Dele (see what I did there?), if he wasn't such a racist clam). But if you're really good at what you do, even if found out you can still keep doing it effectively.

But Can is still around until the end of the season. And if we're looking to next season, they have Keita coming in, who is supposed to be a beast in midfield. Again, as @harr1984 says, we are looking for every reason to put them down, but the fact of the matter is that they are a very strong team and one that would have been in the hunt were it not for City's outlandish season.

Keita is a very good player but unproven at this level. They need another to play with him and then they would have improved that area immensely

They are a strong, fun side for sure, but they have has an easier path through the season (particularly in CL) and we took 4 points off them this season. Fine margins for sure, but I don’t see a player in their side who I would want in ours. Two good teams. I expect both in the CL again next season.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'd swap Salah for Sissoko ;)

So was Salad, but he's joint top scorer with Harry. And Keita will have a full preseason.

Salad played here for a season with Chelsea and has played in several countries (6 clubs so far, hence why I think he would go again) and played over 200 games

Keita has played top level in Austria and Germany and just over 100 games IIRC

I like the look of Keita but do think he is unproven so far

I think it has to be said, if Liverpool finish above us Klopp will have done a really good job. I know we had injuries, but so have they. Granted we have also had the Wembley transition, but I feel like our squad is far superior and if they can keep this run going and finish above us, it will be a job well done from them.

Hate to say it, because I love laughing at Liverpool, but they are playing some nice stuff and doing well.

Back