• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

I keep thinking that City will hit a brick wall and have a few poor results, but it just isn’t happening. Time for us to beat them at the weekend to start their drop in form.

I’m not convinced that Chelsea were better. We had most of the stats in our favour including most goals scored, and fewest conceded, we just lost it on points...which of course is the only stat that matters

You've hit the tickle my balls with a feather. You can smash someone 8-0 but you still get 3 points just the same as you do for a 1-0 win. We weren't as good as they were when it came to grinding out results. All teams have off days over the course of a season but to win the league you have to somehow still pick up at least a draw even when you're not as your best.

Still think its excellent that we sit in 5th having played most of the Top half away from home, as well as spending the season 'away from home'.

As gutting it would be to just be outside a CL spot, if we finished the season 5th I would class that as an achievement.

Agree but I honestly think we will get in the top 4

Points_Distribution_Table.png

Hopefully Burnley will bounce back fast as they have ManU twice and Liverpool in the next four weeks.

Glad to see so many positively purring about the win at Burnley.

There was much kvetching and bitching after Spurs ejection from the Copacabana Cup tournament by West Ham.

That elimination gave us a week off after the MancCity frog-in-a-blender experience to recover and revitalize sufficiently to knock off Burnley.

Can you imagine the media and on-line carnage that would have resulted had Spurs lost like that to City, then played - and probably lost - a mid-week quarter-final cup game and then struggled to a draw or loss against Burnley, who were well up for our visit despite being shorthanded. Had we been short-winded after a mid-week game, they'd have turned us over.

Now, we'll enjoy another spell of down time in January whilst the important three of the final four are kicking lumps out of one another.

It ain't for nowt that we're known as the best run club in all of football.

That was a big weekend for us! Next three games are huge from a confidence perspective I feel. Poor game v Man C but winning those 3 will make it 6 wins from 7 and gives us some momentum after the FA Cup game

We have an odd sequence of games this xmas, but the decent break after boxing day, means we can go full throttle vs Sot'on without resting many/any players, and getting a lower league opponent in the FA Cup makes the two league games in early Jan ok

Back