• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2015/16

I have to say i'd prefer it if it was a battling defeat (by the scoreline that is; sounds like they did battle).

With all the public dissing they'll inevitably get, they will get themselves even more pumped up and motivates to 'prove the doubters wrong' on Sunday and 'put us in our place'...
.....or they are usually such a 'confidence' team they could be more fragile than normal....can't decide...

I have to say i'd prefer it if it was a battling defeat (by the scoreline that is; sounds like they did battle).

With all the public dissing they'll inevitably get, they will get themselves even more pumped up and motivates to 'prove the doubters wrong' on Sunday and 'put us in our place'...
.....or they are usually such a 'confidence' team they could be more fragile than normal....can't decide...

We are a good side and we have beaten better teams than them this season. Let them worry about how they react to this thrashing.

Just watching highlights of the Chelsea match. Yarmelenko has an excellent cross and a bit of trickery too.

Hulk is easily the current MvP of CL. Absolute beast. Never understood people, who thought he is overrated/very overpriced and after moving to RPL will only regress.

Hulk is easily the current MvP of CL. Absolute beast. Never understood people, who thought he is overrated/very overpriced and after moving to RPL will only regress.

agreed, he's unplayable at times, makes as many as he scores, he's having a lovely old time out there

It's all going to be decided on their last match. Ar5ena1 will beat Zagreb at home next up, while I doubt Olympiakos will get anything v Bayern.

So win in Greece, which they may well do, and they finish 2nd
I'd rather they went through. Extra games with no chance of winning the competition plus the good results needed to get them through will improve England's coefficient to help retain the 4 CL spots.

I'd rather they went through. Extra games with no chance of winning the competition plus the good results needed to get them through will improve England's coefficient to help retain the 4 CL spots.

As much as I have loved their three losses, I am cheering Arsenal on until the QFs, and I want one of the other three English teams to win it.

...off to have a bath in hydrochloric acid.

So i've got a 7-fold champions league accumulator that's looking a bit vulnerable at the moment. I'll go into it in more detail in the gambling thread, but I need these results to come in.. what are my chances?

Group B
Man United to qualify - They're one point ahead of Wolfsburg and PSV

Group C
Atletico Madrid to win - 2 points behind Benfica, though still has to face Benfica on the last day.

Group H
Valencia to qualify - 2 points above Gent in 3rd.

All the other results are in, or as nailed on as it gets in football.

United- I feel they'll qualify with a win against PSV on Wednesday, PSV should be effectively 'cut adrift' and unable to finish above them.
Atletico- Benfica are in the driving seat to win the group, with 2 points advantage over Atletico. Though Benfica have a tough game away to Astana on Wednesday I can see it coming down to the last game between Atletico and Benfica. This is the group I'm most worried by.
Valencia - Facing a tough away game against Zenit on Tuesday, while Gent are away at Lyon.

CUmXENRXAAARjNH.jpg

Good thing Mourinho doesn't know much about rotating. Hopefully all their key players get the full 90.

Hazard and Terry off after 70'. William off after 80. What they managed so far against a mediocre team, hasn't really scared me. 4-0 up, but 50 minutes vs 10 men. They huff and puff, but don't really get to many real chances . Willian is deadly on free-kicks though, so we have to be careful with giving away free-kicks in shooting positions. 3 goals from dead ball situations.

Sorry to bore you with my (stupidly) big champions league bet again.

I need Valencia to qualify and it's not in their own hands anymore.

I need Man U to qualify so hopefully they'll get a win tonight.

I need Atletico Madrid to win their group, it's in their own hands still, but it doesn't hurt that Astana have taken the lead against Benfica :)

2-0 to Astana. £5 on Benfica to win returns £85 which would go someway to cheer me up if Benfica win.

Benfica score to make it 2-1 within about 5 mins of me placing that.

I know I'm only watching this because of my bet, but this is actually a really entertaining game. Benfica should be down to ten as well.

Last edited:
Back