• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chairman's message

What a poor job they're doing with so little outlay.

Fwiw, I don't think their current owners will attempt to buy it, don't have the vision.

Isn't there some legal covenants on the use and ownership, resulting from the original hoo ha when they were looking to sell it to West Ham post Olympics? eg you're stuck with the lease arrangement.
There was

What a poor job they're doing with so little outlay.:rolleyes:

Fwiw, I don't think their current owners will attempt to buy it, don't have the vision.

Isn't there some legal covenants on the use and ownership, resulting from the original hoo ha when they were looking to sell it to West Ham post Olympics? eg you're stuck with the lease arrangement.
What is the poor job they are doing?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Indeed. But cups are a lottery and it's rescued a dog of a season.
It could be argued and I think it's true that their focus on European competition affected their league form. Probably a compromise they were willing to make. Considering they have won very little in their history, I doubt their finish in the league this season (as long as not relegated) was a concern for them.

It could be argued and I think it's true that their focus on European competition affected their league form. Probably a compromise they were willing to make. Considering they have won very little in their history, I doubt their finish in the league this season (as long as not relegated) was a concern for them.

I don't think that is true. Most Hammers fans I know were bricking themselves of relegation deep into the season. Up until they beat United 1-0 in early May. They were already into the semi finals if the ECL so very much doubt were prioritising it.

Think your theory is driven by the known outcome tbh.

Its not a great tax payer burden though is it? Was 500m as part of a larger Olympic fund over 10 years ago, so the cost to the tax payer is surely minimal now. Also with GB athletics having designs on future London Olympics and Europeans I can't see them giving up the stadium IMO. Would be a major area of public discourse to have the 2012 Olympic legacy sold off. Anything is possible, just not sure I see that one, could well be proven wrong though
It is losing £15 to £20m a year.

Not a for a local authority it isn’t

We spend 110bn over the UK in local authorities and there is alot more wastage on piddly local projects than what's an Olympic legacy site. The deficit would have been vagely known at point of the project being proposed and the losses will be seen as a budgeted item I would imagine for LLDC rather than an outright "loss". There is also a real lack of appetite from what I see where people are questioning the costs anymore, if people were asking really tough questions I probably see it being sold off but I just don't see it yet.

We spend 110bn over the UK in local authorities and there is alot more wastage on piddly local projects than what's an Olympic legacy site. The deficit would have been vagely known at point of the project being proposed and the losses will be seen as a budgeted item I would imagine for LLDC rather than an outright "loss". There is also a real lack of appetite from what I see where people are questioning the costs anymore, if people were asking really tough questions I probably see it being sold off but I just don't see it yet.
Nah they made huge errors in their numbers
They gave West Ham the stadium with what is basically a tax payer subsidy
It’s bonkers
The people involved would get fired in the private sector and be unemployable
It was never in the budgets that I was aware of bit I wasn’t involved post starting on site

Nah they made huge errors in their numbers
They gave West Ham the stadium with what is basically a tax payer subsidy
It’s bonkers
The people involved would get fired in the private sector and be unemployable
It was never in the budgets that I was aware of bit I wasn’t involved post starting on site

All Olympic sites lose money though globally, that's part of the trade off of bidding and hosting them. Its always part of the so called "legacy".

Not really
These olympics made money
But the run rate on the stadium losses compounded over the lease would be about 2.5B

100% agree especially on overall event and spectacle and guesstimate revenue in tourism etc it would have done. But there are trade offs that countries know will be long term losses which includes the stadia and venues. No one will be looking at the London stadium and thinking its overly shocking that it loses 10m IMO

100% agree especially on overall event and spectacle and guesstimate revenue in tourism etc it would have done. But there are trade offs that countries know will be long term losses which includes the stadia and venues. No one will be looking at the London stadium and thinking its overly shocking that it loses 10m IMO
There was a lot of public outcry
Not because it’s loss making
But because the losses are to subsidise West Ham
That’s the kicker
If it lost money on Atletics I don’t think anyone would care as much

There was a lot of public outcry
Not because it’s loss making
But because the losses are to subsidise West Ham
That’s the kicker
If it lost money on Atletics I don’t think anyone would care as much

I don't think people care that much anyway. Other than on here and at the time and Big Mouth Hearn you barely hear about it TBH.

They may well sell it off but there is alot of time, effort and money to be undertaken before West Ham get their hands on it and turn it into anything comparable to their peers IMO. Talking 10 - 15 years

I don't think people care that much anyway. Other than on here and at the time and Big Mouth Hearn you barely hear about it TBH.

They may well sell it off but there is alot of time, effort and money to be undertaken before West Ham get their hands on it and turn it into anything comparable to their peers IMO. Talking 10 - 15 years
People will care if they try to sell it or do anything that takes it out of the public purse

People will care if they try to sell it or do anything that takes it out of the public purse

Well that's my point, people who don't care about the losses now will all come out the woodwork if they try and sell it...that's how public outcry works haha.

Also whilst it's multi use people are quiet, if they tried to sell it every athlete and their high profile dog will come out and slate the move. Would be PR disaster

Back