• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chairman's message

Wow my tits on T w At er who would have thought that :rolleyes:. The place is made for my tits always has been.

Club cares about Twitter more than lifelong fans like you, mate - they're happy to call you a 'legacy' fan while seeking the global fanbase of folks on Twitter. That's the sad part.

The hilarious bit is that even the audience they crave so much on Twitter isn't having their bullsh*t.

- Or thinks they are anything but "customers" to a business, or that ENIC is somehow different to anyone else in world football. Someone thinks City gives a fudge about their fans? in their case it's a PR exercise vs. asset
- Almost every major company claims to be "customer obsessed/focused" then are goaled on revenue/asset increase

The issue is the disconnect between what supporters think a football club is, and what the business really is.

Yeah, we are not even the primary customers, broadcasters are.

Club cares about Twitter more than lifelong fans like you, mate - they're happy to call you a 'legacy' fan while seeking the global fanbase of folks on Twitter. That's the sad part.

The hilarious bit is that even the audience they crave so much on Twitter isn't having their bullsh*t.

Now you are getting as bad as BOL and making assumptions. I do not disagree with you that the game i love is dead and its all about money nowadays, but no one who posts on T w aTT er is really up for a decent/honest conversation like we are on here. And to be honest i am surprised that a fan who is as Intelligent/ passionate as you would post rubbish like that, and give any credence to it.

Dear Supporter,

I want to start my notes by saying I hope you and your loved ones are well after what has been a challenging, often overwhelming year – and one that has called for immense resilience.

What was your thinking when you tried to furlough the THFC family at the first point?

The hope must be that we are now looking ahead to a return to what we all enjoyed before the pandemic struck. Today is an excellent example – the opportunity to come together, return to our home and for 90 minutes cheer the team on.

Is that you trying to deflect a mass protest against ENIC and more specifically yourself, which coincidentally is gathering pace?

This season, for many reasons, we have not met our raised expectations on the pitch. Since we lost the Champions League Final in June, 2019, we have invested in excess of £250m in new players. Everyone had high hopes with the squad we had assembled. Unfortunately, despite sitting top of the Premier League in December, we have not been able to sustain this position. We reached the Carabao Cup Final, however we had a disappointing exit from the Europa League and now find ourselves fighting to qualify for Europe, having competed in European competition for 14 of the last 15 seasons.

Who had high hopes for the squad? As fans we could all see that we would struggle with the current crop. Who assembled the squad? It was not the managers.

The new stadium is pivotal to generating revenues to invest in the squad. Every single penny generated gets re-invested back into our Club.

Whats the point in reinvesting every penny back into the club when you have not delivered players that the manager wants, rather get in stock that you can sell for a profit? Is it not time to change your strategy and let the footballing people deal with footballing matters rather than the finance people dictating what players are brought and sold?

We are absolutely clear that central to our ambitions is a successful football team – it is what we all crave. We have come close over the last seven seasons and everyone’s focus is on a return to regular Champions League participation and competing for honours.

Well you have clearly highlighted our focus as a club to return to the champions league, competing for honours is laughable. We got lucky in our run to the CL final.

I have said it many times and I will say it again – everything we do is in the long-term interests of the Club. I have always been and will continue to be ambitious for our Club and its fans.

Daniel I do not believe our ambitions are the same, if you continue to be yourself and call it ambitious ... actually you are right to a certain extent ... you are very ambitious in thinking that we are remotely going to be competitive in the league or Europe when you continue to interfere in the transfer market with your tried and failed transfer strategy. Why is it that we are the only club that has to leave our transfers to the last minute of every window and then get left with upstarts that the manager never wanted?

As a Club we have been so focused on delivering the stadium and dealing with the impact of the pandemic, that I feel we lost sight of some key priorities and what’s truly in our DNA. Our work in the community and with the NHS is an example of when we get it right, but we don’t get everything right. It has never been because we don’t care about or respect you, our fans – nothing could be further from the truth.

How has the stadium clouded your vision about our "DNA"? You tried to furlough your own staff while getting a taxpayers backed loan from the government. You don't get the DNA of the club, 1 Carling cup in 20 years under your tenure.
Respect our fans by charging the highest money in the league for our last game of the season? Why not give them for free in a ballot? You would have gone up in my estimation as a person that cares about our fans. No one expects you to get everything right all of the time, but to get the same thing wrong time and time again is frustrating when every man and his dog can see your transfer strategy and set up is not viable in delivering cups and titles, while we see our rivals rack up cups and titles during their bad seasons.

We have announced we shall establish a Club Advisory Panel that we believe will provide wide, authentic representation and ensure our fans are at the heart of Club decisions, with the Chair to be appointed annually as a Non-Executive of the Board with full voting rights, a first for any Premier League club.

How much influence will this patronising set-up actually change things? Are you one to listen and take advice? Because if you took advice for your decisions of late, you all deserve to be sacked.

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.

Whats the point in any manager coming into the club when you will cut off one arm with your transfer strategy, hoping to stay competitive enough to appease the fans without making a push for genuinely pushing for titles.

It has been evident all season just how much we have missed your presence in the stands. It is a huge lift for all of us to have our final home game of the season with so many of you back here to support the team.

Do me a favour, you miss the revenue. Would i be welcome at the club if i made a huge banner saying Levy and £NIC out?

I want to thank you all for your tremendous support as always this season, despite having to watch much of it from afar, both here and around the world.

The players and coaches will show their appreciation at the final whistle and thank you for your fantastic support in such extraordinary circumstances.

I want to give my thanks to Ryan Mason and the coaches, Chris Powell, Nigel Gibbs, Ledley King, Michel Vorm and Perry Suckling who have stepped in to lead the team through to the end of the season – and to our players – they have had to continue to perform and be professional during times when they and their families have also been affected by the pandemic.

I should also like to thank all our staff for their continued hard work in often trying circumstances. Whilst many enterprises ceased to operate they continued to deliver football matches and drive off-pitch digital and virtual projects.

I urge everyone to get behind the team as we look to finish the season strongly and hopefully secure European football again next season.

I hope you and your families have a great summer break and that we welcome you back in August to a full capacity stadium.

We are all part of the Spurs family and together we are stronger.

No sir, you have isolated fans and do not understand what the fans want.

Yours,

PR Executive (Daniel Levy thumbs up)

Now you are getting as bad as BOL and making assumptions. I do not disagree with you that the game i love is dead and its all about money nowadays, but no one who posts on T w aTT er is really up for a decent/honest conversation like we are on here. And to be honest i am surprised that a fan who is as Intelligent/ passionate as you would post rubbish like that, and give any credence to it.

It's true, though - who else do you think they're talking about when they ask for the global fan to replace you, the 'legacy' fan they're tired of?

Social media engagement is a key performance metric for most brands now, and Twitter is the king of engagement metrics in many ways.

When the club talks about replacing you, they're talking about replacing you with a) the folks on Twitter, b) the folks with money overseas willing to travel to attend Spurs games, c) the global broadcast audience. The engagement metrics for the last two will be based, to a large degree, on how they respond to club media on Twitter and other social media platforms.

The problem for the club is, people on Twitter and the 'global' fan more broadly - they tend to pick clubs based on what they win and how big/visible they are. Just how it is.

The club doesn't spend the money to have a global profile, and never wins anything, ever - the only reason it's got a global profile at the moment is because it's in the Premier League and had a few CL runs in the recent past. Without the PL being as popular as it is, the club would be nowhere to be seen in terms of global profile - while the likes of United, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, even Arsenal, who win and have won things - they stay global even if the PL shrinks to 2010 levels in terms of exposure, reach and commercial success.

To impress the 'new' fan who replaces the long-suffering, loyal 'legacy' fan, you need to put up or shut up. No blagging about gross spending or 'long-term ambitions' here - people want results, big players, big trophies.

Club is failing miserably at that, too.

I reckon their the same people that did the protest on Saturday
And the spent the day in the pub drinking beer and doing coke
Then claim their more passionate than other fans... whilst chanting random chants of hatred and anger then throwing up in their baseball cap

Err what?

Dear Supporter,

I want to start my notes by saying I hope you and your loved ones are well after what has been a challenging, often overwhelming year – and one that has called for immense resilience.

What was your thinking when you tried to furlough the THFC family at the first point?

The hope must be that we are now looking ahead to a return to what we all enjoyed before the pandemic struck. Today is an excellent example – the opportunity to come together, return to our home and for 90 minutes cheer the team on.

Is that you trying to deflect a mass protest against ENIC and more specifically yourself, which coincidentally is gathering pace?

This season, for many reasons, we have not met our raised expectations on the pitch. Since we lost the Champions League Final in June, 2019, we have invested in excess of £250m in new players. Everyone had high hopes with the squad we had assembled. Unfortunately, despite sitting top of the Premier League in December, we have not been able to sustain this position. We reached the Carabao Cup Final, however we had a disappointing exit from the Europa League and now find ourselves fighting to qualify for Europe, having competed in European competition for 14 of the last 15 seasons.

Who had high hopes for the squad? As fans we could all see that we would struggle with the current crop. Who assembled the squad? It was not the managers.

The new stadium is pivotal to generating revenues to invest in the squad. Every single penny generated gets re-invested back into our Club.

Whats the point in reinvesting every penny back into the club when you have not delivered players that the manager wants, rather get in stock that you can sell for a profit? Is it not time to change your strategy and let the footballing people deal with footballing matters rather than the finance people dictating what players are brought and sold?

We are absolutely clear that central to our ambitions is a successful football team – it is what we all crave. We have come close over the last seven seasons and everyone’s focus is on a return to regular Champions League participation and competing for honours.

Well you have clearly highlighted our focus as a club to return to the champions league, competing for honours is laughable. We got lucky in our run to the CL final.

I have said it many times and I will say it again – everything we do is in the long-term interests of the Club. I have always been and will continue to be ambitious for our Club and its fans.

Daniel I do not believe our ambitions are the same, if you continue to be yourself and call it ambitious ... actually you are right to a certain extent ... you are very ambitious in thinking that we are remotely going to be competitive in the league or Europe when you continue to interfere in the transfer market with your tried and failed transfer strategy. Why is it that we are the only club that has to leave our transfers to the last minute of every window and then get left with upstarts that the manager never wanted?

As a Club we have been so focused on delivering the stadium and dealing with the impact of the pandemic, that I feel we lost sight of some key priorities and what’s truly in our DNA. Our work in the community and with the NHS is an example of when we get it right, but we don’t get everything right. It has never been because we don’t care about or respect you, our fans – nothing could be further from the truth.

How has the stadium clouded your vision about our "DNA"? You tried to furlough your own staff while getting a taxpayers backed loan from the government. You don't get the DNA of the club, 1 Carling cup in 20 years under your tenure.
Respect our fans by charging the highest money in the league for our last game of the season? Why not give them for free in a ballot? You would have gone up in my estimation as a person that cares about our fans. No one expects you to get everything right all of the time, but to get the same thing wrong time and time again is frustrating when every man and his dog can see your transfer strategy and set up is not viable in delivering cups and titles, while we see our rivals rack up cups and titles during their bad seasons.

We have announced we shall establish a Club Advisory Panel that we believe will provide wide, authentic representation and ensure our fans are at the heart of Club decisions, with the Chair to be appointed annually as a Non-Executive of the Board with full voting rights, a first for any Premier League club.

How much influence will this patronising set-up actually change things? Are you one to listen and take advice? Because if you took advice for your decisions of late, you all deserve to be sacked.

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.

Whats the point in any manager coming into the club when you will cut off one arm with your transfer strategy, hoping to stay competitive enough to appease the fans without making a push for genuinely pushing for titles.

It has been evident all season just how much we have missed your presence in the stands. It is a huge lift for all of us to have our final home game of the season with so many of you back here to support the team.

Do me a favour, you miss the revenue. Would i be welcome at the club if i made a huge banner saying Levy and £NIC out?

I want to thank you all for your tremendous support as always this season, despite having to watch much of it from afar, both here and around the world.

The players and coaches will show their appreciation at the final whistle and thank you for your fantastic support in such extraordinary circumstances.

I want to give my thanks to Ryan Mason and the coaches, Chris Powell, Nigel Gibbs, Ledley King, Michel Vorm and Perry Suckling who have stepped in to lead the team through to the end of the season – and to our players – they have had to continue to perform and be professional during times when they and their families have also been affected by the pandemic.

I should also like to thank all our staff for their continued hard work in often trying circumstances. Whilst many enterprises ceased to operate they continued to deliver football matches and drive off-pitch digital and virtual projects.

I urge everyone to get behind the team as we look to finish the season strongly and hopefully secure European football again next season.

I hope you and your families have a great summer break and that we welcome you back in August to a full capacity stadium.

We are all part of the Spurs family and together we are stronger.

No sir, you have isolated fans and do not understand what the fans want.

Yours,

PR Executive (Daniel Levy thumbs up)

This is just complete fudging gonad*s, most fans were excited with the business we done apart from not getting the CB we wanted and the same fans were also happy with the squad when we were top in December.

Its funny how the narrative changes when brick goes south. Goes back to some of our fan base acting like spoilt little children.

This is just complete fudging gonad*s, most fans were excited with the business we done apart from not getting the CB we wanted and I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you were also happy with the squad when we were top in December.

Its funny how the narrative changes when brick goes south. Goes back to some of our fan base acting like spoilt little children.

Who ever said that fans are not fickle?

This is just complete fudging gonad*s, most fans were excited with the business we done apart from not getting the CB we wanted and I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you were also happy with the squad when we were top in December.

No spurs fan i know of was excited with the squad or team but were excited by the fairytale that Gareth Bale was brought in for ... And no speaking for the rest of us were never ever happy with our Centre backs or the general purchases of the summer when we were linked with far superior players.

But yes fans are fickle and were very happy to see the teams sat at the top and continue our support no matter what ...

Spoilt children? Really I think it's quite a mature and reasonable response to question a transfer method that clearly does not work, rather than just happy clapping because Levy is infallible ....

I think Levy has done a fudging tremendous job but needs to change his approach in the transfer market and appoint someone who knows how to back the manager with a budget.

NO ONE here has clearly said something silly like lets spend 500M and everything will be forgiven. It's more the fact that Levys transfer strategy is pants. The cups and lean spell under Enic says it all.

It's true, though - who else do you think they're talking about when they ask for the global fan to replace you, the 'legacy' fan they're tired of?

Social media engagement is a key performance metric for most brands now, and Twitter is the king of engagement metrics in many ways.

When the club talks about replacing you, they're talking about replacing you with a) the folks on Twitter, b) the folks with money overseas willing to travel to attend Spurs games, c) the global broadcast audience. The engagement metrics for the last two will be based, to a large degree, on how they respond to club media on Twitter and other social media platforms.

The problem for the club is, people on Twitter and the 'global' fan more broadly - they tend to pick clubs based on what they win and how big/visible they are. Just how it is.

The club doesn't spend the money to have a global profile, and never wins anything, ever - the only reason it's got a global profile at the moment is because it's in the Premier League and had a few CL runs in the recent past. Without the PL being as popular as it is, the club would be nowhere to be seen in terms of global profile - while the likes of United, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, even Arsenal, who win and have won things - they stay global even if the PL shrinks to 2010 levels in terms of exposure, reach and commercial success.

To impress the 'new' fan who replaces the long-suffering, loyal 'legacy' fan, you need to put up or shut up. No blagging about gross spending or 'long-term ambitions' here - people want results, big players, big trophies.

Club is failing miserably at that, too.

Most of what is in that we have disagreed with on many occasions mate so i will not bore you/me and everyone else by going over it ALL again.

Sick to death with other fans trying to put me in a box ( ie Legacy, new, global or any other handle you or anyone else wants to use) Spurs are my club always have been and always will be and i could not give a fudge what you, the club, the media or any Tom dingdong and Harry want to brand me as. I am happy with the progress my club has made since Levy arrived, could he have done any better? of course he could just like ALL of us could do in our daily life but none of us has a crystal ball.

But i have been around a long time and to see my club in a CL final, with a ground that is one of the best grounds in the world, and the progress we have made since Levy took over is a lot more then it was when we were relegated, when Irving nearly bankrupted us, being just a few hours/days away from having Maxwell as our owner and if that HAD happened the chance are you and me would not be going around the house debating our GREAT club.

Levy has made mistakes like all of us has, but he has done enough to put us where we are and i still/do believe we have not finished yet. I really hate saying this but COVID has really put a block on that progress but when everything is back to normal ( and it will be) then is the time to see if Levy has done what he set out to do.

Not all of us of the opinion look the same. It's almost as bad as saying every German is a nazi, or every Muslim is a terrorist.
Was you down there then?
I mean the videos I’ve seen are of old school hooligans (guys I know too) in their flat caps and baseballs caps chanting the old sol Campbell songs
And the new Twitter phalanx enjoying selfies
Nothing actually very taingible and most people with a can of beer in their hand
Oh... and most footage is them in a pub afterwards

Was you down there then?
I mean the videos I’ve seen are of old school hooligans (guys I know too) in their flat caps and baseballs caps chanting the old sol Campbell songs
And the new Twitter phalanx enjoying selfies
Nothing actually very taingible and most people with a can of beer in their hand
Oh... and most footage is them in a pub afterwards

No i wouldn't go to a protest for anything. I'm quite happy firing shots from behind my keyboard.

The one thing I will give Levy credit for, although is still maddeningly frustrates me, is his piece about forgetting what Spurs DNA is.

The hiring of Mourinho just did not work. Levy gambled on the idea that the squad was good, and needed a different voice, but I think it's fair to say he was enamoured with Jose and thought his profile and charisma alone would get it done, when Jose has never seen huge success unless he has had the money to invest.

So Levy took a punt that with him it would be different. That the style of football wouldn't matter. That these players would reach a level they struggled to attain under Pochettino.

It just did not work, whether because Jose is a busted flush (I don't actually agree with this) or because his methods work best with proven players with elite mentality who can handle the pressure. I think it is fair to say Levy's feelings towards Jose influenced his decision - because he threw logic out of the window and thought Jose would be suited to a job he had never done before, and that is a black mark against our Chairman.

Whatever else we can say about Levy and ENIC, whether the club is still on a good overall path with them or not, I think the last two years comes entirely down to the decision to sack Poch and go with Jose. Whatever may have worked in theory, it did not work in practice, and Levy needs to own that. And at least he is in part acknowledging it.

“apart from not getting the CB we wanted”

and this is always the kicker.... The priority at this club under this ownership is not winning.

Back