• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlos Vinicius

I was just talking about this window in general, not compared to that specific window. I agree that where players are signed from has an impact, but right now that's just a reason to be happy about this window.
It’s where we have been sensible in our buys so far

Why do Benfica insist on these impossible clauses that we probably won't exercise?

I mean, this is marginally less ridiculous than the 55 million clause for Gedson, but I mean...he's a second-choice striker with one good season in the Liga NOS.
45 million euros to pay out if it's a striker who performs well enough to assist us back into the CL in a season when crowds return and revenues rise...isn't that ridiculous.

Also, and I can't remember where I read this, someone was saying that Levy is negotiating to reduce the Gedson clause as part of this deal.

45 million euros to pay out if it's a striker who performs well enough to assist us back into the CL in a season when crowds return and revenues rise...isn't that ridiculous.

Also, and I can't remember where I read this, someone was saying that Levy is negotiating to reduce the Gedson clause as part of this deal.

45M for ST worth keeping, next season when hopefully our revenue stream returns to normal, is an easy decision.

The issues with clauses in Portugal is that clubs are so broke they rarely hold out for them TBH

They won't, basically what these deals are

- Portuguese club has an extra, typically youth player in a position they can cover
- They drop out of CL, less revenue and exposure for that player gets limited
- Loan to a higher profile league with a clause that is trying to "set a price range" for negotiation, either with loan club or anyone else

The Gedson point would be quite interesting if true.

They won't, basically what these deals are

- Portuguese club has an extra, typically youth player in a position they can cover
- They drop out of CL, less revenue and exposure for that player gets limited
- Loan to a higher profile league with a clause that is trying to "set a price range" for negotiation, either with loan club or anyone else

That's well put. Only question is the final line and how bullet proof the clause is i.e. do we have an absolute right to acquire with them being compelled to sell the player, or is it drafted along the lines of 'the parties will discuss in summer 2021 a potential transfer, which is currently expected to be in the range of x to y'? I'd hope its the former rather than setting a range for negotiation

That's well put. Only question is the final line and how bullet proof the clause is i.e. do we have an absolute right to acquire with them being compelled to sell the player, or is it drafted along the lines of 'the parties will discuss in summer 2021 a potential transfer, which is currently expected to be in the range of x to y'? I'd hope its the former rather than setting a range for negotiation
As certain as one can be about these things that it's the former in the deal. But the effect can be a different one if the player does well enough for the club to want to sign him, but not well enough to make the acceptable at the previously agreed terms.

Surely the key here is if he Jose’s choice and we can do a deal to get him... it’s the right thing to do
We cannot give Jose reason to complain and moan due to a lack of player recruitment, if we can avoid it
He wont just take this guy if he can’t play him within a plan either and that’s key too

Back