• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Captain Next Season?

Re: Captain

What makes Lloris a good captain? (honest question, not being sarcastic).

Think it is difficult for anyone to truly know who would make the best captain without being involved in the dressing room but Lloris is definantly the most qualified for the role having captained the French national side for a while now. Apart from him I can't see any other great candidates to be honest. Like you said, we're to nice.

Re: Captain

Think it is difficult for anyone to truly know who would make the best captain without being involved in the dressing room but Lloris is definantly the most qualified for the role having captained the French national side for a while now. Apart from him I can't see any other great candidates to be honest. Like you said, we're to nice.

Fazio doesn't seem very nice. (On the pitch that is, I'm sure he's a pleasure at dinner parties).

Stambouli seems like someone willing to walk through walls if necessary.

Rather rare to see it happen, but I wouldn't be entirely shocked if Poch handed the armband to one of the new guys. If it was completely out of the question to appoint a new signing captain it makes little sense to wait until after the window closed to appoint a captain, although he might of course have been hoping for someone else to come in.

Of the players already here I would go for Vertonghen, another one who is not always entirely nice by the way.

I don't see any obvious choices. I don't like keepers as captains, especially in a high pressing side where the keeper is isolated for periods of the game.

I don't see any obvious choices. I don't like keepers as captains, especially in a high pressing side where the keeper is isolated for periods of the game.

Keeper would be a fine choice as captain for me. Generally the times our players will need a kick up their collective backsides is when we are having to defend a lot.

If the ball is staying away from our third of the pitch, then the game can't be going that badly.

Some pundit talked about how he didn't like keepers as captains. 'How is he going to influence his team when they're attacking?' Can't remember the exact quote, but it was much sillier than that. Why would we need our captain to be telling individual players what to do when they have the ball? These people get paid to talk about football. The mind boggles.

Keeper would be a fine choice as captain for me. Generally the times our players will need a kick up their collective backsides is when we are having to defend a lot.

If the ball is staying away from our third of the pitch, then the game can't be going that badly.

That's a very good point!

Tbh I would say Lloris is the obvious choice. You need your Team Captain to be a regular starter, for me that now rules Kaboul put of the running, he could always be made Club Captain like we had with Dawson and King, one was Club, one was Team Captain IIRC
Vertonghen probably vice-captain

I'd like to see Verts as Captain. Wasn't he captain at Ajax?

Not captain material for me. If the going gets tough he's the last player I'd expect to see grabbing the game by the scruff of its neck and driving the team on.

Some pundit talked about how he didn't like keepers as captains. 'How is he going to influence his team when they're attacking?' Can't remember the exact quote, but it was much sillier than that. Why would we need our captain to be telling individual players what to do when they have the ball? These people get paid to talk about football. The mind boggles.

It was Clarke 'Holier than thou' victim Carlisle. ****.

Most pointless commentator ever.

That wouldnt of been a week or two ago would it? Im sure I was watching a Spurs game on the internet, think it was Alvin Martin or someone like that saying pretty much that in the QPR game. Guess thats just a typical old school theory....

Won't it be fairly obvious when we see who captains the side on Saturday?

Nope. Been confirmed Poch will captain the side and try to add some steel to our back four the old fashioned way. Still no news on whether Poch is cup tied or not though.

I'd like it to be Lloris, but I have a sneaking feeling it will be Fazio.

fazio?? he has just signed for the club:lol: .........i think there will be a double announcement on mon. Jan Vertonghen, signs new contract and is made the new captain;)

Back