• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Captain Next Season?

Not for me. It has to be earned and Jan has not earned it. If I was to pick someone it probably would be Lloris I guess but I don't really think keepers should be captains either.

I agree keepers should not be the captain (imo), but Jan has done it for his country on occasion and also at Ajax.

If we are to keep bringing in Ajax products (Fischer the latest rumour) then Verts not a bad option.

Vertonghen as captain?
Seriously?
He's more likely to shrug his shoulders than take any responsibility and lead the team.
Yes he might have captained Ajax briefly but how often were they up against it.

Vertonghen as captain?
Seriously?
He's more likely to shrug his shoulders than take any responsibility and lead the team.
Yes he might have captained Ajax briefly but how often were they up against it.

He's not ideal by any means; who is your choice?

Eriksen. He's perfectionist leading by example in the Philip Lahm mode as opposed to some ranter barking out bull**** like Dawson.

I coughed up my Gewürztraminer dude...

What credentials has he got over seasoned captains Lloris, Verts, Daws, etc?

If I had to go left field - I'd go for Soldado over anyone else...

I dunno who leads for me at present, and can communicate well with others on the field and in the dressing room. King ? Hahaha ... Lloris till there's an outfield player who takes ownership. Jan is sort of there, but not quite.

Captaincy is a bit old fashioned in different game scenarios the captain changes I think, when bale was carrying us I saw him as the captain even though he didn't have the armband

I coughed up my Gewürztraminer dude...

What credentials has he got over seasoned captains Lloris, Verts, Daws, etc?

If I had to go left field - I'd go for Soldado over anyone else...

Soldado? He can lead us to missing sitters.

Vertonghen or Lloris for me.

I think that this Secret Footballer piece on captaincy is an interesting read http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/mar/02/the-secret-footballer-captain

"Whoever gets the England captaincy must lead the team by example, which doesn't mean running around like a lunatic and tackling aggressively. I feel the captain ought to be the best player on the pitch. He doesn't need to shout and scream, or rough players up, but instead should be the one player whose standards his team-mates aspire too."
Eriksen or Lloris then.

"The ideal captain can scream at his team-mates, disagree with the manager and still maintain a flawless relationship with each and every one thanks to the respect in which he is held."
I can't see too many having much respect for Vertonghen because of the way he behaved last season.

"Whoever gets the England captaincy must lead the team by example, which doesn't mean running around like a lunatic and tackling aggressively. I feel the captain ought to be the best player on the pitch. He doesn't need to shout and scream, or rough players up, but instead should be the one player whose standards his team-mates aspire too."
Eriksen or Lloris then.

"The ideal captain can scream at his team-mates, disagree with the manager and still maintain a flawless relationship with each and every one thanks to the respect in which he is held."
I can't see too many having much respect for Vertonghen because of the way he behaved last season.
How did he behave last season?

Has to be a leader who gives his all on the pitch and start every week. So for me Lloris is pretty much the only choice. Vertonghen is far too likely to drop his head. Walker doesn't strike me as a leader on or off the pitch. Sandro strikes me as everyone's mate rather than a strong leader, and we don't know if he'll be a regular starter. So Lloris for me.

Nabil will be captain one day.

[video=youtube;_dETU6SNMV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dETU6SNMV4[/video]

Back