• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

I think a good manager sorts that out. Look at the like of Poch, Fergie - Mourinho even *spit* - the culture of the club comes from them and if laziness isnt tolerated then it doesnt happen.

Even seeing Deeney talk the other day about Silva. He said (paraphrasing) "he has come in and immediately expects the highest standard. He wants up here (raises his hand high). Other managers come in and say 'youre down here (hand low) and if I can get you to here (hand higher) then that will do this season' but Silva has just said this (raised hand) is where we are going to be working and so we are..."

Cracks.Papered.Over.

If I were a fan (*shudders*) I’d be furious that the team could step up like that in the 2nd half of a minor cup game but can’t do it in the league where it really matters. We know their fans treat playing us as a cup final but having just subjected myself to watching the recording of the second half, it’s clear from the celebrations that the players have the same mentality.

They genuinely believe that they have/had a similar/comparable fanbase, history, recent history etc to us and the only thing stopping them replicating our recent success is their joke owners.

People like to say Spurs fans are deluded but I don't know that many that honestly believe we are of a similar size to Arsenal. Maybe we were 20 years ago but they pulled away from us and capitalised on a successful period in their history when the money started to flood into the English game. Whereas West Ham simply refuse to believe that we are bigger and better than them.

From Kumb:

Believer wrote: We can but dream of champions league matches against the might of Real Madrid. Our lot won't even spend the dough to get a pre-season game against them.

GHod I hate our owners. Nights like Spurs are having just makes it even more damning at what they've done to us.

bubbles1966 wrote: Do you really care?

The CL feels as irrelevant to me as the Johnstone Paint Trophy.

I care about the things we're in. The minute we ain't in them, I don't care.

From Kumb:

Believer wrote: We can but dream of champions league matches against the might of Real Madrid. Our lot won't even spend the dough to get a pre-season game against them.

GHod I hate our owners. Nights like Spurs are having just makes it even more damning at what they've done to us.

I doubt the Johnstone Paint Trophy will be irrelevant to them for all that long

From Kumb:

tbf to bubbles1966 that's exactly how I feel about Spurs, albeit on a higher level.

Back