• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

it's always sale numbers that are reported, it's not just west ham's owners, it's the same for bands at Wembley Stadium and the Christmas event at Peppa Pig World, that's how the entertainment industry works

I thought it varied. eg. I thought Spurs quoted numbers through the turnstiles rather than sales. Might have that wrong though.

I have been to the Velodrome a few times now, when ever I am on my way over there I always look to my left and spit.

I am not a fan of the EU as you might be aware;) but if we had to be in it, why did the EU not stand up and say that West Ham getting that stadium amounted to government aid for a football club which I believe is against the rules. Same goes for Barca and Real Madrid but that is probably for another topic.

They did when they were going to buy the stadium did they not, I thought that's how the original deal got stopped?

When you look at the current deal as tenants not sure it is that great for westham and it went to public tender. What has made the deal look so crap for taxpayers is the complete fudgeup with the switch to "football mode" - they should have been made to pay for all the conversion costs and they should have done proper due diligence on the "retractable seating" - one of Boris's mates made a killing there, possibly the same one as the garden bridge or the cable car.

They did when they were going to buy the stadium did they not, I thought that's how the original deal got stopped?

When you look at the current deal as tenants not sure it is that great for westham and it went to public tender. What has made the deal look so crap for taxpayers is the complete fudgeup with the switch to "football mode" - they should have been made to pay for all the conversion costs and they should have done proper due diligence on the "retractable seating" - one of Boris's mates made a killing there, possibly the same one as the garden bridge or the cable car.

Same principle applies to all public buildings, they are built for benefit of many but the real benefit is for a few insiders.

I think ultimately West Ham fans want to work out how much truth was in the "we are leaving for revenue and progress" and the lies made by WHU Board.

My mates been a season ticket holder for 20 years and is jacking it in on the move and the social media circus. The fans feel that strong about the crap that comes out of the club like Lukaku crap

Whenever the richest clubs list gets released I always notice they are in the top 30. How the hell are they so high up? They can't have a big fan base outside of East London let alone England surely? They haven't won anything for nearly 40 years and never threaten the top 5 so it's not like they have revenue from European adventures.

Last edited:
That's a bit easier to swallow when they are fit for purpose - The "Stadium conversion", the garden bridge and the cable car from nowhere to nowhere I sort of hope there was corruption involved just to excuse the incompetency otherwise.

Joanna Lumley has a lot to answer for. Well done on Khan for stopping it, but how can it have cost 30m just at the planning stage, it needs a proper investigaton. Wish the papers did that instead of attacking footballers for going out for a beer.

Joanna Lumley has a lot to answer for. Well done on Khan for stopping it, but how can it have cost 30m just at the planning stage, it needs a proper investigaton. Wish the papers did that instead of attacking footballers for going out for a beer.
Can't blame Lumley for being a posh luvy but you have to be a right prat and listen to her to the tune of £150M. Anyway going off topic -

those numbers of people in the gates - need to reiterate that they have £100 kids season tickets that can be converted (difference in cost)to adults at any point - you buy a season ticket convert to adult for the big games and sell to tourists - reckon thousands have done that.

Can't blame Lumley for being a posh luvy but you have to be a right prat and listen to her to the tune of £150M. Anyway going off topic -

those numbers of people in the gates - need to reiterate that they have £100 kids season tickets that can be converted (difference in cost)to adults at any point - you buy a season ticket convert to adult for the big games and sell to tourists - reckon thousands have done that.

yep, a have a group of west ham supporting mates, they have 30 season tickets between 9 of them

I thought it varied. eg. I thought Spurs quoted numbers through the turnstiles rather than sales. Might have that wrong though.
I don't pretend to have the answer but what I do know is that WHL is pretty much full every game. Of course there are always a few empty seats dotted around but basically the ground is almost always full. I have also noticed that when there are more than just a few empty seats at WHL this is invariably reflected in a lower official attendance figure.

Whereas when the likes of West Ham, City or Arse post full house stats we often have good reason to be incredulous because of the large tracts of empty seats visible from our tv screens during games.

It was interesting that prior to the third of our CL ties at Wembley we were told beforehand the game was pretty much sold out. Presumably because most of us had no choice but to buy tickets for all three of our qualifying games. Crafty, Daniel. However we also know that many thousands stayed away because there was nothing riding on the outcome but at least on this occasion their absence seemed to be quite fairly reflected in the relatively low official attendance of c67,000 for that game. I could be wrong but that's the way it seemed. And whatever else we certainly did not post full house stats like West Ham and others do regardless.

So maybe in Tottenham's case at least, Glenda is right.

This article appeared in on 9 January 2017:

The truth about West Ham’s attendances

West Ham publish the official attendance and tickets sold after every game but the number is different to how many supporters actually turn up and go through turnstiles for matches.

There have been visible gaps around the London Stadium all season which have had many asking caused many to ask where the missing thousands are and why are they not turning up to Premier League matches.

The club and directors have claimed on social media it is because of 9,000 seats not being used in the 66,000 seater stadium but supporters don’t buy this as the majority of those seats are screened off.

Through a freedom of information request to Newham council for minutes of the Safety Advisory Group, Claretand Hugh has uncovered the true attendance of the early matches which is often many thousands less than the official sellout figures released.

West Ham v Bournemouth Official published attendance: 56,977 real attendance: 52,192 (4,785 did not turn up)

West Ham v Southampton Official published attendance:56,864 Real attendance reported as: 47,000 (9,864 did not turn up)

West Ham v Middlesbrough Official published attendance:56,945 Real attendance reported as : 47,000 (9,945 did not turn up)

info-ayl.png

In another Freedom of information inquiry Newham revealed how many free tickets have been given away to local residents.

The thousands missing each game is a spectator problem and questions need to be asked why so many of the season ticket holders bought seats which have no intention of using.
Saints-300x169.jpg

There should surely be a focus on around the ten thousand U16’s at £99 per season and the 8,000 band 5 at just £289.

The games listed above did not have the option of Ticket Exchange but similar gaps have been spotted at more recent Premier League games indicating it remains a problem.

The question is whether season ticket holders have a moral obligation to put their unused tickets on sale on the club’s Ticket exchange to allow others on the reported 52,000 waiting list a chance of watching West Ham. Some will say it is my seat, I bought it, I can do what I want with it but that is a selfish view in my personal opinion.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/the-truth-about-west-hams-attendances/

So it's like when Trump says his inauguration rally was the most attended inauguration rally for an American president ever when it reality there were about a fifth of the amount of people that showed up for Obama's inauguration.

I'm almost certain we go on numbers through the turnstiles, whereas Arsenal go on ticket sales, guess west ham as well now then, must look better on paper for bigger stadiums?

This is a cut and shut business model for the owners, get maximum out without 1 - putting much in or 2 - obtaining finance which will tie you down to the club for long time. They 100% believe that with West Ham being at the OS they have cleared a large chunk of on the books debt and provided a more cost effective solution to their ownership. They now have something that is more attractive to sell due to the reduction in debt from Upton Park sale.

They could have 100% gone down the route of Spurs and borrowed to develop Upton Park and regenerate the area, I have worked with their board on things this was an option but it was the more costly/time consuming option, they CHOSE not to go down this route and that is the key.

Football grounds and chimney tops sold off for one of the most unfootball stadiums you would wish to see.

As Grays points out above the Dildo Bro's and Brady have zero interest in anything other than lining their own pockets

Back