• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

Quick point on us "not prioritising the cups", both Manchester clubs phoned it in this weekend yet still ended up in the final.

It's almost as if City has played 120 minutes against one of the best teams in the world 3 days beforehand. You're preloaded response will be "They should have rotated" but if Pep makes a bunch of changes bringing the likes of Kovacic etc on and lose, everyone will say "Why did they rotate!?!? Classic Pep overthinking".

And United, well they have the ability to throw it away at any point. It doesn't mean either Manc clubs didn't take it seriously in any way shape or form. Both were somewhat fortuitous to get through but that's what counts - What actually happened, rather than what almost happened.

I appreciate that you aren't going to publicly budge on your views, why not go a step further and campaign for CL qualification victory parades, as well as statues of healthy looking financial spreadsheets highlighting CL revenue outside stadiums. In the meantime, the majority of fans will continue safe in the knowledge that whilst not the be all and end all, at top level sports, the general aim is to win the competitions your team enters and that is what history remembers.

With some of the players we've had our trophy haul from the mid 80s is pathetic.
We seem to attract a certain type of player, technically good but lacking that something that can make the difference.
Hugo,
Jan,
Erikson,
Ginola,
Keane,
Berbatov,
All icons, but you wouldn't bet on them would you.

Those special ones we do uncover soon get snapped up, the Carrick, modric and bales.

Somewhere between the European ban and the sky takeover we lost something, confidence, belief, desire or an identity that was worth the fight.
There's been glimmers of it under BMJ, Poch and ange, let's hope we can find it soon.

I think we underachieved as much before the European ban.

We should have cleaned up in the 60’s with the sides we had.

With some of the players we've had our trophy haul from the mid 80s is pathetic.
We seem to attract a certain type of player, technically good but lacking that something that can make the difference.
Hugo,
Jan,
Erikson,
Ginola,
Keane,
Berbatov,
All icons, but you wouldn't bet on them would you.

Those special ones we do uncover soon get snapped up, the Carrick, modric and bales.

Somewhere between the European ban and the sky takeover we lost something, confidence, belief, desire or an identity that was worth the fight.
There's been glimmers of it under BMJ, Poch and ange, let's hope we can find it soon.
Money made a difference
When we were most successful we was also a high spender
But we also took more gambles on lesser known players

We rate playing with style, over win at all costs cheating football, so what do you expect?
Show me a successful team, and il show you a win at all costs cheating team.
Even when we had that (Dele), Poch came out and gave him a public dressing down.

We rate playing with style, over win at all costs cheating football, so what do you expect?
Even when we had that (Dele), Poch came out and gave him a public dressing down.

I think that Poch team was as cynical as you can be without having a full blown cheat like Luis Suarez or an animal like Mark Van Bommel. Alli was dirty and loved a dive, Lamela was a dirty player, vertonghen was a crafty, cynical defender. Rose, Walker and Dembele were physical and weren’t afraid of getting involved. Even Kane got away with some naughty tackles. The only player who didn’t like that side of the game was Eriksen.

Exactly, I find some of our fans massively idealistic at times either because they don't recognise that OR they act like there are great saintly players out there. The Romero hate was an example of that, bloke won the world cup but too naughty for little old Spurs. Paulinha would be perfect for us but I give it a week before someone crys about his card count

Exactly, I find some of our fans massively idealistic at times either because they don't recognise that OR they act like there are great saintly players out there. The Romero hate was an example of that, bloke won the world cup but too naughty for little old Spurs. Paulinha would be perfect for us but I give it a week before someone crys about his card count
For the fee though you would want him to be available for more than 30 games a season

One positive would be his suspensions in the league would mean he would be fresh for midweek Europe

Done a crude statistical analysis using google

The DM we need is …

Vinicius Souza from Sheffield United

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed him but makes the top 10 on many statistics

For the fee though you would want him to be available for more than 30 games a season

One positive would be his suspensions in the league would mean he would be fresh for midweek Europe
Thats why its important to have a squad because unfortunately as much as we would like it not to be the case, injuries, suspensions and form are part and parcel of the game

Thats why its important to have a squad because unfortunately as much as we would like it not to be the case, injuries, suspensions and form are part and parcel of the game
Of course
But a player who would be looking at 3/4 suspensions a year is extreme
Rice who plays similarly doesn’t have that issue

so with Villa playing before us this weekend. We will be 3 games and possibly 9 points behind them. Hopefully 6. But 4th is looking like a very tall order now. But we do play better against the good teams. So there is optimism for me.

CL would be great. But I would have taken 5th at the start of the season. and maybe the Europa might be better for us next year if we take it seriously and try to win it.

Nothing wrong with a physical player. I don’t like players who use excessive force. Or when players make stupid tackles they didn’t need to make that result in yellow or red cards. You do need at least one enforcer so to speak or a player who likes a tackle otherwise you will get bullied by certain teams. Also, it’s a very potent mix to be a good footballing side AND a team that is physical, look at the peak Wenger years and even Pep’s Emirates Marketing Project side when they had Fernandinho, Fergie’s teams knew how to look after themselves, Chelsea when they had Drogba, Terry etc.

To add greaves to the double winning side and then not win another title is just pure Tottenham.
Hang about. We did go on to win the FA Cup twice and the European Cup Winners Cup so not all gloom and doom.

Remember also the best days of Danny Blanchflower, Bobby Smith and Les Allen were soon behind them. John White was killed by lightning, Bill Brown had to be moved on and Dave Mackay suffered a broken leg three times.

So maybe it's fans of a team that won four major trophies in three seasons who should be labelled pure Tottenham.

Back