• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

But me therapy… sorry guys and gals

I actually read it in the voice of AJ Tracey, with his sort of delivery too...it works!!!!
@Bedfordspurs just to say, I LOVE a spur-of-the-moment emotional post, so please take this with love and humour, but also know I LOVE this sort of stuff mate...and stand with you!
I appreciate it fella
We’re all idiots
We follow team we wanna see win but in reality… that’s rare and scarce
Enjoy the good times because the bad times become the norm IMO
We’re a great club and we’re hard work at the same time

I apologise for any spelling guys. When I normally post it’s instant but today it’s not

as I think and hope I’ve said … being part of a global community or people who love to what I love is a big thing. We ain’t met but I’d still hug hug you like a brother or sister

@Bedfordspurs Yep. Your opening post sums it up for a lot of us. How many times have we been driving back up the M1 and M6 after a disappointing defeat, thinking why did I not choose a Bolton or a Wigan or a Preston, if I wanted to be different as a kid.

But hey, we still go back, or we still tune in for the next Live game, or go fishing in the river...

performances like today in an early kick-off dampens the weekend, but will still return for more pain, like an addict, because like you say, it's in our blood

Sitting in Luton airport waiting to board. Been up since 3.30 this morning. Similar to Villa trip on New Year’s Day. Swore after Arsenal that that was it for the season. Had to make the last home game though. Weirdly not as tinkled off as usual, as @Bedfordspurs says, it’s in our blood. This year has been so crap that “hopefully” the only way is up!
Had my Derek and Clive moment of the day while walking through St Pancras, some fudger called me a Spurs clam! I obviously replied “Who are you calling a clam? You clam!”. I’m a lover not a fighter so nothing happened.
Anyway Leeds is probably nothing to us now, so onto next season. Onwards and upwards! COYS!

Lots of similarities here 44 been going for way to long . Got my 8 yo a st this season . It’s my club my identity ffs I’ve got it tattooed on me .. results wont beak that .. it’s brick coming so far then falling back again but I will still be here .. the game may be about glory but Tottenham to me is about belonging .. seeing the same mates I saw 25 od years ago .. our kids coming to matches together home and away and the moments we share .. it’s brick to be brick .. but your still part or something special!! COYS

I love these tales. So important to have young blood coming through. My nephew started coming to WHL with me when he was about 9. Ten years later he has his seat next to me and I see him for a drink before and after a game but he goes with his mates, goes to the pub with them before, meets them after. I love walking through the stadium with him and he just bumps into people he knows from school or from Sunday football. It's a community thing, even amongst tens of thousands of people, it's vast and at the same time it's personal. And once you've got that bond with the club then whatever happens, good times or bad times, it's pretty unbreakable. And that's a great legacy to pass on.

Are you drunk or has your account been hijacked by Danish ??

I know what you mean though, I have never been so far away from theclub as what I have been this season

Am hoping to get that love back next season

I don't know @Bedfordspurs personally but always does post well and full credit to people like him who fully support the club. Always have to read his posts 2 or 3 times over to fully understand what he's saying though :);)

I've got a young grandson not quite 4, just starting to watch a bit of football. The future son-in-law is an Everton fan and we would love to start taking him to a few Spurs games when he is older.

Everton or Spurs...the poor lad, what a choice. Might have to get him into Rugby League, watching Warrington might be slightly (but only just) less stressful for him

62F6442F-7838-4B80-AE2F-0408FD9AB7AD.jpeg

My nephew and my mate who I have ST with
My ronde who supports spurs because of me (he now works in football)

many mate, who I’m now GHod father to his Tottenham fanatical son.. who I met though spurs

none of us are perfect. If we were… we wouldn’t support this club. But the shot we go though makes us all a better person

Mate I’m well on it
Big the reason this is therapy for me is because we all opinions..
I don’t agree with lots of comments, but some I will
Some posters I don’t agree with and that sticks

@Gazza and I don’t always agree. I’d buy the guy a beer in a heartbeat
@Finney Is Back for years have debated.. again it’s never personal.

That’s just low bloke I love. @DubaiSpur whwj we argue… that’s my supper network

I’ve never met any of you f2f. I did years ago meat danish spurs at Leeds’s away. But I still love you all.

Likewise mate. You have an irksome habit of expertly saying everything I wanted to say, but in a far shorter and more to-the-point way than I can manage. :p ;)

End of the day, no one really controls how we fall in love with this club, but one thing always holds true -

You can change your name, your house, your partner, your country, your gender.

But you can't ever change your club. Much as you'd like to
. ;)

Peace and happiness to you and yours mate!

Beside all the understandable toxicity it’s nice to see a thread like this . I feel at times we think we are more than we are and fans rightly or wrongly expect something that’s not quite there yet and may never be with all the money in the game .

we are an enigma trying to compete in a cash doped world . But this is you, there is no way out I’d hug or buy any of you a pint and share the pain or pleasure .

I will allways be here for the club and it will always be here for me .. it transcends the results . It’s been Garry Doherty and then kane leading the line for me . I’ve been carling cup finals and champions league finals with the same mates ..

stay solid it’s a blessing and a curse ..next year. Can’t be worse

Likewise mate. You have an irksome habit of expertly saying everything I wanted to say, but in a far shorter and more to-the-point way than I can manage. :p ;)

End of the day, no one really controls how we fall in love with this club, but one thing always holds true -

You can change your name, your house, your partner, your country, your gender.

But you can't ever change your club. Much as you'd like to
. ;)

Peace and happiness to you and yours mate!
And to you mate
Sincerely
We’re all fools for choosing to invest so much in 11 blokes kicking a bag of leather… how daft is that
But it unites us
And what hurts us makes us stronger

look, great post but the problem is that when we were a kid growing up, we had the 70's and 80's success to remind us of trophies, today's generation can only look at 2 league cups in over 20 years, winning the league feels like a hundred years ago, we're a hard sell to todays generation

look, great post but the problem is that when we were a kid growing up, we had the 70's and 80's success to remind us of trophies, today's generation can only look at 2 league cups in over 20 years, winning the league feels like a hundred years ago, we're a hard sell to todays generation

And that is the problem with the modern view of the game. So for you, no one should (or it's a "hard sell" to) support Villa or Everton or West Ham or Brighton or Brentford or basically 140+ clubs in the league pyramid

For what it's worth, there are way more kids in the new stadium than they ever were in WHL days, and they will grow up with memories of games with their fathers/families and watching players like Kane & Son.

Are we fudge!

seems like being, at worst, the 9th best team in the country, in our worst season for what 10 years or so(?) Is all too much for you?

maybe a good time for you to step back a bit and get some perspective?

Bit of therapy guys and gals

End of season is full of opportunity’s to reflect on what could have been

But do you know what matters…

Out choices

I wouldn’t swap being a Tottenham fan for nothing. Nothing

It’s been my lifeblood

My constant

Boy to man

I live in a small world now

Fans from all I’ve the world come to tag h my club. Our club. They spend a lot of money watching these idiots kick a bag of leather around

How daft is that… just ask yourself how stupid football tall is for how much it affects your life

I’m Tottenham till I die. It’s in my blood.

Me familiar (sorry for the bad translation)

I bleed white and blue. I’m 46… this is my church, this is where I heal my hurt (great song, sung by a better man)

Life sinful do hardships but being a spurs fan isn’t one. I didn’t choose this club. It chose me

I’m a successful director but I know I could do more. We all could. I don’t kill my self to do more. I’m happy. I have two amazing children and a lovely wife. I love them more than anything.

Fandom is an addiction. My mate had some issues with addiction but this is his drug. We don’t chose a club that fails. We love it. We embrace it.

I’m in the ground with my best mate. My nephew who I took to game… his first game when he was 8. And his dad. His dad Downey even like football but he loves us. He is spurs now

He just told me it’s your fault… you fudger

You took my sim and brought him a spurs coat (my son now has that coat)

As I said earlier.. I live Tottenham. It’s ingrained in my dna. It’s ok toilet wqll as a placard. My kids have come here. I brought my youngest at 5 months old to the old ground. My wife had to breast fees him… iffy now he hates football, but I’ll catch him

In fact you will. You spurs fans who I know and love. Who i randomly hug. I love you all. You love me too and you don’t even know it… how daft is football

Good to see @StephenH liking this post and active again. You’re missed on here, buddy.

I can't think of my life without Tottenham Hotspur, it's part of my family, my uncle was at the 1921 Cup Final at Stamford Bridge, he took my dad to games a few years later and we've carried on from there. Like my family I can't stand it when someone is critical of them, I may not like everything they do but I'll forgive them almost anything. I know it's a one way love but theres nothing I can do about it. I had little interest in football until my dad took me as I wanted to be a cowboy or a wagon driver like my dad, but being with him took me into a fantastic world of heros and got me playing the great game for 30 years, I'll always love my dad for that and my wife for putting up with me playing while she held the house together. As I always say to my kids this could be our year!

Are we fudge!

seems like being, at worst, the 9th best team in the country, in our worst season for what 10 years or so(?) Is all too much for you?

maybe a good time for you to step back a bit and get some perspective?

Great post. Our last ten years we average 5th in the league. 4th if you remove this year's aberration.

The first ten years I supported Spurs (1990 to 2000)we averaged 11th.

And had players like Nethercott, Tramezzani and Kevin Scott playing for us.

We are worlds away from then. Football can change very quickly and players we were slamming for tossie performances this year can be turned into far better players by the right manager. Just look at Villa this season.

After the mourinho and conte shows, it would be nice to have a manager whose focus is the team rather than their ego.

Back