• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bundesliga Bonestroker Thread

Feel a bit sorry for Harry but that's some season from Leverkeusen. Hope Kane wins the CL, will be tough though as I've just seen that both Nagbry and Coman are out of the 2nd leg. Arsenal as usual with no injuries or suspensions.

Feel a bit sorry for Harry but that's some season from Leverkeusen. Hope Kane wins the CL, will be tough though as I've just seen that both Nagbry and Coman are out of the 2nd leg. Arsenal as usual with no injuries or suspensions.
So far undefeated too
It’s an unreal season by any teams standards

That’s a fantastic achievement by Alonso. He must be a bit special.

Will be interesting to see over next year or two

It certainly looks so right now, but two things come to mind, they really only had one competitor in the league who brick the bed completely, and secondly, a certain Ranieri comes to mind .. plenty of one offs in sport.

It certainly looks so right now, but two things come to mind, they really only had one competitor in the league who brick the bed completely, and secondly, a certain Ranieri comes to mind .. plenty of one offs in sport.
Its an exaggeration to say Bayern have brick the bed. Points wise they've still done well relative to other winning seasons up to very recently, and their decline has been coming for the last few seasons, Dortmund should have won it last season but inexplicably bottled it in the last game of the season at home. Leverkusen's run has been quite something compared to Leicester's, they've genuinely been the best team in the league (unbeaten all season) and one of the best teams in Europe this season. They might well go on and win a treble and that's without playing defensive counter attack football like Leicester, they've been dominating teams. They could drop in performance which is somewhat inevitable after such a tremendous season especially if players leave (unlikely it seems though, Wirtz has already said hes staying and Boniface, Grimaldo and Xhaka only joined last summer) but they are the real deal.

Its an exaggeration to say Bayern have brick the bed. Points wise they've still done well relative to other winning seasons up to very recently, and their decline has been coming for the last few seasons, Dortmund should have won it last season but inexplicably bottled it in the last game of the season at home. Leverkusen's run has been quite something compared to Leicester's, they've genuinely been the best team in the league (unbeaten all season) and one of the best teams in Europe this season. They might well go on and win a treble and that's without playing defensive counter attack football like Leicester, they've been dominating teams. They could drop in performance which is somewhat inevitable after such a tremendous season especially if players leave (unlikely it seems though, Wirtz has already said hes staying and Boniface, Grimaldo and Xhaka only joined last summer) but they are the real deal.

Agree with the thought process, I do think they brick the bed (3 or 4 terrible results along with that general decline), it was enough to leave the door open (like last season)

Again, we will see, success is hard, repeating success is even harder

Yes it’ll take more than 1 season to show if Alonso is really the “real deal” or not but this is only his second (?) year as a manager - unlike Ranieri who had been around for years. The more apt comparison at this stage could be with AVB at Porto. But Porto already had a tradition as serial winners - the opposite of Leverkusen. To overcome the weight of history against more wealthy and historically successful competitors is the hardest thing to achieve in football imo (we could do with some of it!). Definitely will be fascinating to see how Alonso develops.

I suppose the plus side for Kane is that if Leverkusen did win the league this year then Liverpool will take their manager and their team will probably get dismantled so it could be busy as usual again next season
Again, i would have agreed with this. My mind boggles

I hope Leverkusen do keep their team together. However, history suggests Bayern (and others) will raid their best players because that’s what they do, they’ve done it to Dortmund and Monchengladbach for years, partly to make their team better but it weakens their opponents too.

It’s a wonderful story and I’m pleased they’ve held their nerve and in the end won it at a canter. That said, I’m disappointed for Kane is it seemed like as much of a sure thing as you can get it in terms of winning a title in a top European league as Bayern have won it 11 seasons running until now. I really hope Bayern get it done tomorrow and go on and win the CL. It will take a lot of pressure off of Kane which will only be a good thing for his England career too.

Back