• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

BT Sport

The R&A should be hung for that. Declining club membership is nothing to do with golf on TV.
The big problem with golf, and I'm an avid golfer, is people who play and don't have the time to play. If you are playing competition golf you should expect it to take 3 and a half to 3 and three quarter hours. I've been out with guys who are calling the wife after 3 hrs on the 17th saying they are running late!!
If you don't have the time go play another game.
In the boom times of the late 80s and 90s golf membership was a fad and anyone could join a club, it was nothing to do with exclusiveness.
Pinning the hopes on Rory and tiger who only play 12-15 tournaments a year isn't the answer either.
All the pros say the game takes to long then they stand and discuss and point at the green when they miss a 6 foot putt.

Sport on TV in general is being priced out the punters reach. English football needs to be very careful.

this ball started rolling a long time ago, there is going to be two distinct types of broadcast, stuff you want to watch that you have to pay for and ad funded crap

I was going to purchase BT sport yesterday before the Community Shield or whatever it is called (please don't ask why I wanted to watch this) and was expecting the £7.99 a month for 6 months followed by £12.99 a month. No. £19.99 a ****ing month. fcuk that.

And if you want it in HD it is only £19.99 for one month then up to £23.99 and that is not including the £15.99 activation fee

this ball started rolling a long time ago, there is going to be two distinct types of broadcast, stuff you want to watch that you have to pay for and ad funded crap

Ironically (as this thread shows) the more competition and fragmentation has actually led to more required subscriptions and ultimately more outlay. BUT the most damaging aspect for Sky & BT is it makes people stop and think and consider their options and in some cases a realisation of how much this is currently/or will be costing them. It is damaging as many people may drop of altogether as 'alternatives' are available (and are only going to get better).

Sky and BT are both massively invested and will probably fight it out to the death but there are uncontrollables that may kill both of them.

Wimbledon is the best non football related British sporting even in my opinion. Hope Sky keep their hands off. Couldn't care less about Golf, it's a game not a sport.
Each to their own isn't it. I used to like tennis before it got all power and serve and stuff. The Agassi, Sampras years were enjoyable and watching Henman fluff it at every opportunity was fun. There are no personalities in tennis anymore, not that Sampras was but Agassi was pretty cool. Tennis has become very boring IMO the last 10/15 years. I loved playing it as a kid but have zero interest in it now.

Each to their own isn't it. I used to like tennis before it got all power and serve and stuff. The Agassi, Sampras years were enjoyable and watching Henman fluff it at every opportunity was fun. There are no personalities in tennis anymore, not that Sampras was but Agassi was pretty cool. Tennis has become very boring IMO the last 10/15 years. I loved playing it as a kid but have zero interest in it now.

It's better now than ever in terms of skill and artistry. The days of Sampras and Ivanesevic serve volleying all the time are all but gone which is a good thing. I do agree the game needs more personalities.

More info.......NowTV option

Sky Sports (all 7 channels) 6.99 day pass....10.99 week....31.99 month pass....all non contract

Entertainment pack...all the most popular drama/series channels plus access to box sets....6.99pm

Last edited:
More info.......NowTV option

Sky Sports (all 7 channels) 6.99 day pass....10.99 month pass....31.99 month pass....all non contract

Entertainment pack...all the most popular drama/series channels plus access to box sets....6.99pm
Now that's a bit more like it. Any plans for a BT sport one?

Now that's a bit more like it. Any plans for a BT sport one?
Not that likely as nowtv are something to do with sky.

One way I can see to get bt sports kinda cheap (if you have nt got any other bt stuff ) is btmobile. If you're out of contract on your mobile then a SIM only for £10 a month Inc access to the bt sports app.(then maybe cast it)

Not that likely as nowtv are something to do with sky.

One way I can see to get bt sports kinda cheap (if you have nt got any other bt stuff ) is btmobile. If you're out of contract on your mobile then a SIM only for £10 a month Inc access to the bt sports app.(then maybe cast it)
Pook- still got a year to run on mobile.

Wimbledon is on the list of protected sporting events that must be shown on terrestrial TV (well the finals are) so assume the rest could go onto Sky, to be fair the BBC's tv coverage of Wimbledon is pretty decent, I don't think Sky have shown anything majorly different in their tv coverage like they have with cricket for example.

At least BT are going to show 12 CL matches free to everyone per season including one appearance from each premiership team that qualifies, think they are doing similar with the Europe League as well.

Back